2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Again won't matter if there's a HC change. We hope the D staff is kept but not a given unless we get info from someone like WDE that Steele stays regardless.

You don't put any faith in Marcello hearing from Greene that Gus is going to be the coach next year?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I appreciate his ability where he is and his ability recruiting but I dont k ow about DC.  I tend to agree with AU that we are not a school for someone to learn on the job any more.  He is lb coach. He needs a lot more time and understanding before granting him a DC job. 

I’m assuming Steele has a few good years left in him, and is a great teacher. That’s why I said give him the title DC in waiting, not DC right now. It’s a common gesture of respect for talented young coaches like T Will. 

2 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

You don't put any faith in Marcello hearing from Greene that Gus is going to be the coach next year?

Going to assume this is sarcasm since I have answered posts or questions similar to this a number of times  and various threads since the announcement. 

Time to start worrying? Pappoe would do great under T-Will, look at the way Steele and T-Will have developed D. Davis. But it appears he plans to visit Knoxville again. That's twice in 45 days. We have just as much playing time opportunity as Tenn does at LB, but we are a much better overall program. It's going to take years, if its even possible, for Tenn to even think about making it to Atlanta. However, OP appears to be headed back...

I see one more solid than the other at this time. I still like Auburn’s chances with 

at this time, but Alabama is still one to watch. With 

, Tennessee is a real threat. Georgia is expecting him on campus this weekend, but the Vols are viewed more of a threat to Auburn than the Bulldogs at this time. Pappoe was in Knoxville last week for the Charlotte game instead of being at Auburn for the Texas A&M game.

There is a lot of chatter behind the scenes right now about Pappoe and Tennessee. The Vols are expecting him in Knoxville on Dec. 14, the last weekend before the Early Signing Period. So Auburn should be worried here. I do feel Alabama is a threat for Pickens, but not at the same level Tennessee is for Pappoe.

https://n.rivals.com/news/simmons-mailbag-haselwood-pappoe-sopsher-and-more

I have always thought that OP would stay with AU but I think things are changing. The Morris/UT thing really has changed things. The UT loss was also very harmful. It seems that instead of OP recruiting Morris to Auburn, Morris is recruiting OP to Tennessee. Auburn was expecting him last weekend for TAM and he went to UT instead for a Charlotte game (a nobody game). That speaks volumes. I have also heard (rumor at this point on Rivals) that he may now be going to UT for the December 14-16th weekend. That is the weekend he is supposed to officially visit Auburn. If he chooses to visit TN - it is over. He may stick with AU in the end (because of his love for Twill) but it looks much less certain right now. More like 50/50 IMO. 

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

Time to start worrying? Pappoe would do great under T-Will, look at the way Steele and T-Will have developed D. Davis. But it appears he plans to visit Knoxville again. That's twice in 45 days. We have just as much playing time opportunity as Tenn does at LB, but we are a much better overall program. It's going to take years, if its even possible, for Tenn to even think about making it to Atlanta. However, OP appears to be headed back...

https://n.rivals.com/news/simmons-mailbag-haselwood-pappoe-sopsher-and-more

Ha you beat me by a minute. yes - time to start worrying of he chooses that weekend to visit TN. 

On 11/8/2018 at 10:12 AM, TigerFanAU said:

Time to start worrying?

Nope! National or regional reporters don't know jack compared to People connected to the program & team reporters. I will reitterrate what WDE & now B-Wolk has said in a way people can't miss if the come to this page of the thread.

Auburn is good with Pappoe as long as T-Will is in place & T-Will will be back so we should be good here.

12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

But it appears he plans to visit Knoxville again.

If he does I bet you it will not be the last weekend before early NSD as stated in the article. He hasn't used his AU OV yet & I bet it will be that weekend.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:23 AM, ellitor said:

Nope! National or regional reporters don't know jack compared to People connected to the program & team reporters. I will reitterrate what WDE & now B-Wolk has said in a way people can't miss if the come to this page of the thread.

Auburn is good with Pappoe as long as T-Will is in place & T-Will will be back so we should be good here.

I pretty much agree, appears he and T-Will have a solid relationship.  I suppose if he was headed to a different campus and just enjoying the festivities of the recruiting process then its not really an issue. But packing his bags, making the 200+ mile trip to a place he's already been before is really odd. But I guess technically he wasn't on an official visit last time and didn't get to enjoy the pampering experience that schools typically do on OV's.

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

I pretty much agree, appears he and T-Will have a solid relationship.  I suppose if he was headed to a different campus and just enjoying the festivities of the recruiting process then its not really an issue. But packing his bags, making the 200+ mile trip to a place he's already been before is really odd. But I guess technically he wasn't on an official visit last time and didn't get to enjoy the pampering experience that schools typically do on OV's.

The Smokies are a real threat no doubt. He has 2 OVs left & I think both schools get them. That said I still trust what WDE knows & what sounds like Wolk may know too.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

He has stated he will stick with AU as long as T-Will remains on staff. Does he think T-Will may be leaving. I certainly hope that isn't true.

Not sure. He has been virtually radio silent in interviews since our loss to Tennessee.

12 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

are there any other targets the staff has its eyes on who we have a legitimate shot at?

I'm sure there are behind the scenes but the only publicly known target I know right now with a legit shot is FSU commit Kalen Deloach.

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

If Pappoe decides to decommit are there any other targets the staff has its eyes on who we have a legitimate shot at?

I would want the guy or an equal to the guy who does the pre-game video on game day. 😁

47 minutes ago, beaumak said:

we seriously need to add some more LB's regardless if OP stays or goes. whats the deal???

Plan originally was a 3 LB class. Now plan may only be 2.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Plan originally was a 3 LB class. Now plan may only be 2.

I believe the plan, or need, is still three. When they fail to get three, then they claim the plan is now two. If it shrinks to one or zero signees, "we're in good shape at LB anyway" will be the card that's played. All three starters are seniors and we'll need some replacements. I hope this class isn't another 2016 when one was signed and that one didn't work out here.. '16 should be close enough that it's still on people's minds.

Seems like our recruiting is slipping and I guess we should not be surprised. I hope I am wrong. Maybe we upset the Dogs today. Unlikely but possible.

1 hour ago, Samau said:

Seems like our recruiting is slipping and I guess we should not be surprised. I hope I am wrong. Maybe we upset the Dogs today. Unlikely but possible.

From recruiting standpoint we just need not to be blown out.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

From recruiting standpoint we just need not to be blown out.

Are we still in good standing with Pappoe?

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Are we still in good standing with Pappoe?

Does this answer your question?

IMG_1594.PNG

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Does this answer your question?

IMG_1594.PNG

Georgia is not the threat though. Rocky Top is. Them getting a win vs a top 11 team is not good. I did not see that coming at all.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Georgia is not the threat though. Rocky Top is. Them getting a win vs a top 11 team is not good. I did not see that coming at all.

Kentucky is not a top team . They aren’t good 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Kentucky is not a top team . They aren’t good 

Recruits just see them beating a top 11 team. That is a easy sell.

Archived