2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

45 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Oh man...oh man...that’s so unhelpful to your cause

What exactly is your cause?  You all act like parents or tecruits themselves don't come to this forum and see all this negativity. What impression would you get if you son was being recruited to Auburn and you wanted to get a snapshot of the fandase so you came to this forum(as many parents do). 

The mods are inclusive in this. There are places to vent, recruiting should not be one of them. Common sense should tell you such.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I personally will try to do better. 

Don’t. I’m down on Gus too and the negativity is making me feel more blah than anything. You’re not overbearing about anything, one way or another, so there is no reason to change. Keep doing your thing.

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

What exactly is your cause?  You all act like parents or tecruits themselves don't come to this forum and see all this negativity. What impression would you get if you son was being recruited to Auburn and you wanted to get a snapshot of the fandase so you came to this forum(as many parents do). 

The mods are inclusive in this. There are places to vent, recruiting should not be one of them. Common sense should tell you such.

To an extent I agree with you, though a few points:

1) Recruits don’t have to come here for the negativity. It’s everywhere and Gus only has himself to blame. 

2) If I was a parent I would tell them to ignore what they see on a board. Anything the fans can see (and thus complaint about) the recruits can see for themselves and much more.

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

To an extent I agree with you, though a few points:

1) Recruits don’t have to come here for the negativity. It’s everywhere and Gus only has himself to blame. 

2) If I was a parent I would tell them to ignore what they see on a board. Anything the fans can see (and thus complaint about) the recruits can see for themselves and much more.

I would only add that message board negativity is not unique to Auburn. There are 130 FBS schools and on any given day, about 120 of them are negative and want their coach fired. I would advise my son like this: assume football ends for you tomorrow, where do you want to live and go to school the next 4 years, and don’t make any decisions from strangers on a message board. 

lol negative fans are not going to effect if a kid comes or goes to Auburn one way or another on a freaking message board. Athletes especially 5 star athletes are a lot more mentally tough that. The only one who is having a negative effect on if OP does not come to AU is Gus. 

I think negativity or negative posts speak more about the poster than the forum site. 🤔

1 hour ago, creed said:

I think negativity or negative posts speak more about the poster than the forum site. 🤔

No. It speaks to the state of the program. You really think muhhhhhhhhh and other negabarners would be negative if we were on our way to a 10 win season and there were lots to be positive about? I ate my crow about Malzahn last year. Then he proceeded to show all of us the last 2 games of the season why we wanted him to take the Arky job and call his bluff.

The board is fine when people don't try to dictate other people posts. But did somebody say a positive is we completed a long pass?  😂😂😂😂. That's fantastic

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

No. It speaks to the state of the program. You really think muhhhhhhhhh and other negabarners would be negative if we were on our way to a 10 win season and there were lots to be positive about? I ate my crow about Malzahn last year. Then he proceeded to show all of us the last 2 games of the season why we wanted him to take the Arky job and call his bluff.

What did I say that's incorrect?

9 minutes ago, creed said:

What did I say that's incorrect?

I ask you the same question.

Guys stop the bickering and get on Pappoe right now or the thread gets locked until there is movement in his recruitment.

My apologies to those frustrated reading this mess for me not coming to this thread yesterday and stopping it sooner.

Tell me you didn't laugh when dude said we finally completed a long td pass as something to be positive about. 😂😂😂 omg I'm going to laugh at this for a while

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Tell me you didn't laugh when dude said we finally completed a long td pass as something to be positive about. 😂😂😂 omg I'm going to laugh at this for a while

Didn't see any reason to laugh.  It was a good throw and a great catch.  Seth Williams is a joy to watch.

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Laughter is good medicine. Glad to be able to bring joy to your life!! 

3 hours ago, afblue said:

Didn't see any reason to laugh.  It was a good throw and a great catch.  Seth Williams is a joy to watch.

?? I guess you thought I said did you see how funny the pass play is?? Yah that's it

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Laughter is good medicine. Glad to be able to bring joy to your life!! 

No thank you man. While having to deal with this mediocre team and how it's been mishandled I appreciate you pointing out how we have to be grateful for the little things in the football world

4 hours ago, MsTiger662 said:

Has OP been interviewed recently by our guys? Or just the interview on Volsquest?

Don't think he's interviewed anywhere.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

?? I guess you thought I said did you see how funny the pass play is?? Yah that's it

Not at all, Cole.  Just giving the reason I didn’t laugh at the original quote.  My bad if I answered a rhetorical question or one you only meant for a specific person.  I really did find the skill and effort on the play it referenced to be a positive.

5 minutes ago, afblue said:

Not at all, Cole.  Just giving the reason I didn’t laugh at the original quote.  My bad if I answered a rhetorical question or one you only meant for a specific person.  I really did find the skill and effort on the play it referenced to be a positive.

That's cool. I guess you just mIss the point or at least the humor. But I didn't say anything for or against the pass play

What the heck, I haven't been here in 4 days and the last 3 pages are about Gus and next to nothing about Pappoe. PLEASE take this worn-out debate to the ZILLION Gus threads in the football forum. My God.

So has he made it official yet, saw another source saying he pretty much is flipping to the vols

On 11/20/2018 at 8:18 AM, TigerFanAU said:

What the heck, I haven't been here in 4 days and the last 3 pages are about Gus and next to nothing about Pappoe. PLEASE take this worn-out debate to the ZILLION Gus threads in the football forum. My God.

Nicely done. 

1 hour ago, Southwest said:

So has he made it official yet, saw another source saying he pretty much is flipping to the vols

Nothing official on an announcement yet. He still hasn't taken his OVs to either school. They will come 1st.

Archived