2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, fredst said:

This doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies....

Gives us more time to persuade him...Or Quay all over again:dunno:

On 3/7/2018 at 8:35 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uga is just playing dirty. As bad as Ole Miss was. Pretty much daring the NCAA to do something. Like a high school head coach told us a month or so ago........ "Georgia is either going to win huge or crash and burn".  

He learned from the best. Problem is Emmert will be gone or flip on him. He’s Sabans male spouse. Lol

1 hour ago, fredst said:

This doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies....

Probaly will result in what we have been doing best lately. Finish second to bowl cut for a elite recruit from georgia.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Probaly will result in what we have been doing best lately. Finish second to bowl cut for a elite recruit from georgia.

It may take 2 or 3 years, but I think eventually bowl cut gets nailed! No way he is pulling in all these big time recruits legitimately.

47 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

It may take 2 or 3 years, but I think eventually bowl cut gets nailed! No way he is pulling in all these big time recruits legitimately.

Kirby can recruit but you are correct. 

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I remember when Ole Miss started landing 5* recruits under Hugh Freeze, I kept asking myself HOW and WHY out of nowhere they became a recruiting powerhouse. Well, now we know. UGA landing the near top recruiting class of all time, with the little historical success they've had is billowing smoke in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

I remember when Ole Miss started landing 5* recruits under Hugh Freeze, I kept asking myself HOW and WHY out of nowhere they became a recruiting powerhouse. Well, now we know. UGA landing the near top recruiting class of all time, with the little historical success they've had is billowing smoke in my opinion. 

Unfortunately, Bowl Cut knows how the game is played (Freeze did not), perhaps more importantly knows where the bodies are buried, and coaches in one of the most talent rich states in the country (unlike Ole Miss) with no true in-state threat (ditto). 

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Ya know I would agree but he learned from little Nicky.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Unfortunately, Bowl Cut knows how the game is played (Freeze did not), perhaps more importantly knows where the bodies are buried, and coaches in one of the most talent rich states in the country (unlike Ole Miss) with no true in-state threat (ditto). 

I bet he damn sure knows the importance of a burner phone now, too.

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Know any forensic scientists with enough time on their hands to dig up the paper trail?

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Kirby does know, but do the Ga alumni?  Sometime someone is going to slip up.  I doubt the Ga "red elephant club" knows all the ins and outs of illegal recruiting the way bama's does.

Here's the difference: Those players are by and large Georgia kids. That UGA should sign the bulk of them isn't surprising.  No comparison to Ole Miss pulling kids in from three states away. I'm not sure UGA has to cheat to have a top-5 class every year.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here's the difference: Those players are by and large Georgia kids. That UGA should sign the bulk of them isn't surprising.  No comparison to Ole Miss pulling kids in from three states away. I'm not sure UGA has to cheat to have a top-5 class every year.

Yep. Their recruiting base with a really good recruiter like Kirby.....if he can coach a lick UGA is very dangerous.

Where Auburn stands as Owen Pappoe’s decision nears

Benjamin Wolk

Everyone in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry country should mark their calendars for May 5.

It’s been dubbed Cinco de Pappoe by many of the Internet’s creative minds.

Five-star linebacker Owen Pappoe will make his college decision on that date in early May. Pappoe said following his most recent visit to Auburn that he’d like to make a decision sooner rather than later — preferably before his senior season — and it didn’t take long for Pappoe to set that timeline in stone.

Pappoe told SEC Country two weeks ago that this will be an Auburn-Georgia battle despite the Tigers being left out of his original top 2.

“That top three is gone. I’d say Georgia and Auburn are my top two. … Right now Georgia is my top school. I said Auburn and Georgia are my top two, but I would say Georgia is my No. 1 right now. They really do have a good chance of landing me,” Pappoe said.

“Clemson, I haven’t really been in contact with them. I wouldn’t say they’re out the picture, but we haven’t really been communicating that much.”

It’s not going to be easy to top the home-state Bulldogs. Pappoe, the No. 7 overall prospect in the 2019 class, has visited Georgia so many times in the last two years that he can’t count how many times he’s been to Athens.

If Auburn has a shot, it’s with linebackers coach Travis Williams. One source said that Auburn knows this is a long shot, but Pappoe is a can’t-miss prospect who is worth the attempt. That late dedication has given Auburn a push. This is an uphill climb, and the Tigers knew that going into the heavy spring recruitment. But they’re gradually closing the gap.

Pappoe expects to visit the Plains at least two more times before making his decision. He plans to attend the spring game and make a separate, more personalized trip. He’d like to make more, but the clock is ticking as May 5 is less than two months out. Of course, Pappoe will make more visits to Athens, as well.

Last-minute trips to Clemson, Tennessee and Alabama also wouldn’t come as a surprise, though Pappoe doesn’t have anything lined up.

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

That late dedication has given Auburn a push. 

Okay, positive spinners, do your thing. #7 recruit in the country. Linebacker. Been regularly visiting Athens for 2 years. "Late dedication" from Auburn. Poor choice of words by Wolk? Something else? Make me feel better.

15 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Know any forensic scientists with enough time on their hands to dig up the paper trail?

Don't know about Kirby but uat don't leave any kind of paper trail. People have looked into this. Hard. 

On 3/6/2018 at 5:34 PM, GwillMac6 said:

It seems  more georgia kids than usual since kirby took over are lifelong dawg fans and there already were a ton. He really is tapping in to the home state loyalty card.

And why not?  It's his strongest card to play right now followed very closely with the "we are playing for championships" trump card.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't know about Kirby but uat don't leave any kind of paper trail. People have looked into this. Hard. 

I've mentioned before, and take it fwiw, but I have a bammer buddy who told me he knows a bag man who doesn't even know he's a bag man. Delivers packages from one person to another without knowing what's in them. My buddy was told this by someone else who says he *does* know what's in the packages. Basically just an every day courier. Theys layers to this, as they say. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

+1

Kirby has a perfect shield, he's pulling in-state talent to the state school.  He has to cheat in today's recruiting environment, it's just what's expected from parents & top shelf recruits these days and every program has to ante up if they want to be competitive for these studs........every program kicks in their ante

Now Kirby also has the staff in place to manage things....in fact one of the best recruiters on his staff has been coveted by folks on this board for a long time.  They are raising some eyebrows, but at the same time they have a great cover because the cream of his crop comes from home grown studs.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've mentioned before, and take it fwiw, but I have a bammer buddy who told me he knows a bag man who doesn't even know he's a bag man. Delivers packages from one person to another without knowing what's in them. My buddy was told this by someone else who says he *does* know what's in the packages. Basically just an every day courier. Theys layers to this, as they say. 

That's a damn sight better than the way Hugh Freeze ran his operation.... their Asst Athletic Director orchestrated an extensive recruit/player/Booster network from inside the OM Athletic Department while the damn NCAA investigators were camped out on their lawn.  :dead:

34 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

There's always a paper trail... but sometimes that paper trail takes some VERY specialized talent, equipment and connections to follow. Unfortunately, no one is going to dedicate those resources to making college football fair. 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's mafia handbook 101. 

Archived