2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/owen-pappoe-blog-lil-baby-grayson-high-school-auburn-alabama-texas-am

Writes a monthly blog apparently...

They used his Georgia recruiting photo as the header...

but we are still in the top 3 at least FWIW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

I do agree with it to some extent - in that we should not structure things (e.g., tax policy) in such a way that it stifles innovation and entrepreneurship.  I just don't agree with much of what Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism - particularly when it comes to her ideas on Ethics.

ETA:  I apologize if I've taken this thread down a rabbit-trail.  I won't post any more off-topic stuff here.

Agree. I like a lot of what underpins her writing but disagree with much of her "humanist" philosophy.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/owen-pappoe-blog-lil-baby-grayson-high-school-auburn-alabama-texas-am

Writes a monthly blog apparently...

They used his Georgia recruiting photo as the header...

but we are still in the top 3 at least FWIW

So the kid is going to commit May 5th, but take official visits through the summer?

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

So the kid is going to commit May 5th, but take official visits through the summer?

Trying to broadcast it but there's been problems so it might come earlier.

Auburn has hopes of landing coveted teammates Owen Pappoe, Wanya Morris

Much like Justin Ferguson does on the Auburn team side, recruiting reporter Benjamin Wolk will answer the Recruiting Question of the Day. You can ask him questions on Twitteror Facebook. Look for our Question of the Day each weekday. Go here to see our previous answers. If you’d like to ask a question, send it to @benjaminwolk on Twitter.

Grayson High School (Loganville, Ga.) is loaded with talent. That’s not news. The Rams have double-digit prospects who will have significant roles at the FBS level, and many of them have been highly recruited since their freshman years.

Owen Pappoe and Wanya Morris are No. 1 and No. 2 on that list.

Let’s start with Pappoe.

He’s the top-ranked linebacker in the nation, which makes him a No. 1 target for a lot of schools. Georgia has been the clear favorite since the beginning of his recruitment. That hasn’t stopped programs such as Clemson, LSU, Tennessee, Florida State and Nebraska from making pushes throughout his recruitment.

Auburn is the latest to make a serious attempt at signing Pappoe — and there’s some traction there.

A source close to Pappoe told me earlier this week this is the closest the race ever has been for the star linebacker. He’s been ready to commit to Georgia on multiple occasions, but Auburn is making him think twice. Pappoe said after his first Auburn visit this spring that linebackers coach Travis Williams “had his head spinning.” He then made the Tigers his No. 2 school behind the Bulldogs immediately after his second spring visit.

This is legitimately close.

And that’s a big deal as it pertains to offensive lineman Wanya Morris.

Morris is down to Auburn and Tennessee. The Volunteers have had most of the buzz since Morris made his most recent visit last month. Immediately after that visit, Morris pared his list to the final 2. On the surface, that appears to be a better sign for Tennessee than Auburn.

But the Tigers feel their prioritization of Pappoe and Morris together helps their chances. The two plan to announced their college decisions on the same day. That originally was set for May 5, but it’s more likely to come on April 30 or May 1.

For Auburn, its best chance at one or both players will depend on getting them on campus at the same time at least once in the next month. If that happens, I think the Tigers present a serious threat.

These 2 wouldn't happen to be the 2 that are talked about in the VIP article are they?  Or can we not speak of that since it is VIP?

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

These 2 wouldn't happen to be the 2 that are talked about in the VIP article are they?  Or can we not speak of that since it is VIP?

You are a VIP on this site so you can talk about it. For the rest of us?  well...................... 

er.gif

It's very possible AU can pull off this to UGA & the Vols respectively on Pappoe & Wanya Morris...

qATkj31.gif

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's very possible AU can pull off this to UGA & the Vols respectively on Pappoe & Wanya Morris...

qATkj31.gif

All together now: WHAT?!?!

(Dang. Scott Hall sold the heck out of that for Austin. Fantastic.)

5-star linebacker, top tackle target make quiet, crucial multi-day visit to Auburn

Back-to-back days of Owen Pappoe and Wanya Morris questions prove the growing hopefulness on Auburn’s side of signing the teammates at Grayson High School in Loganville, Ga.

If you missed the Wednesday question of the day, check it out here.

Something big came up shortly after that question published: Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports reported a three-day visit made by 5-star outside linebacker Pappoe and 4-star tackle Morris, which I can confirm. Initially, Morris was planning to make a Sunday-to-Monday visit. Then Pappoe joined him. Then it turned into a three-day occasion.

The importance of this can’t be overstated.

As I wrote earlier in the week, it’d be interesting to check for follow-up visits from one or both. That didn’t take long.

Also as I mentioned in the previous post, I received a call from a source close to Pappoe earlier this week suggesting this was the closest the race has been. It was the first time this source felt there was some legitimacy to the idea of Pappoe choosing a school other than Georgia. Morris has made several kept-quiet trips to the Plains this year. So many that the next one he takes, you’ll need a second hand to count it.

This is huge for Auburn.

In-state Georgia is obviously still a main contender for Pappoe — perhaps the public favorite. Tennessee is a major player for Morris. But at this moment, this is the strongest I’ve ever felt about Auburn landing either prospect, and bringing in both certainly seems more realistic than ever.

One tidbit worth mentioning is Pappoe’s relationship with another Auburn target — Jashawn Sheffield from Frederica Academy in St. Simons Island, Ga., a 4-star athlete on the 247Sports composite — who visited last weekend and called the Tigers his No. 1 school. Sheffield and Pappoe have been close friends since their freshman years of high school, when both prospects’ recruitments took off. It’s not a coincidence that Pappoe made an originally unplanned multi-day visit to the Plains shortly after Sheffield’s first visit and initial interest.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

qATkj31.gif

yes it is

12 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Is it okay to get excited?  Cause all that sounds exciting....

Maybe but looking much better then a few weeks ago. We have a  chance

11 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Gotta like the shift in momentum, but in recruiting such is the wind.   

Last year Bowl Cut showed he is one of the best closers in the game at crutin and it was not just because he was a assistant under saban. This will be a great early test for this cycle for Gus. Like @WarDamnEagleWDE says a recruit of this magnitude has to be closed by a coordinator and or Head Coach not just the position coach. Lets hope this battle goes a lot better for us than most of the ones last cycle in the head to head with kirby for elite prospects.

Here is the thing with this.  If these two kids commit to Auburn, AND START RECRUITING FOR AUBURN, then we can tell the confused PE teacher bye bye.  It would be EPIC not just because they are studs but because the faucet for other studs in this class gets opened much further.  To me the key to this is not only the commitment but the recruiting after the commitment.  Pap can practically be in Athens in 30 minutes from his house.  Even if he committed I will not feel comfortable unless I see the recruiting of other kids taking place by him.  Then I think it will be over.

I think OP and WM are the keys to a huge domino effect.  If those 2 commit, then on offense the likes of Cain and Webb become very interested as to what’s building. Then on defense things get very interesting with the likes of Dean, Pickering,  Turnage, Handy, Moore and his friend Jashawn Sheffield.  Come on May...,

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Last year Bowl Cut showed he is one of the best closers in the game at crutin and it was not just because he was a assistant under saban. This will be a great early test for this cycle for Gus. Like @WarDamnEagleWDE says a recruit of this magnitude has to be closed by a coordinator and or Head Coach not just the position coach. Lets hope this battle goes a lot better for us than most of the ones last cycle in the head to head with kirby for elite prospects.

I agree 100%.  We also have to stay on cycle of capitalize on the  season LY.   This years class is important to our 4 year swings. 

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

FWIW - 

D3162A4D-4686-4EF4-AEA9-5453AAA9A0C5.png46C0D7D7-AE6F-4BB7-B188-70B0F4FCD3A4.png

Warren is not someone to get excited if he makes a pick for your team or get worried when he makes one against yours. 

40 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I see a few more for Auburn as well...

Not going to get excited until Rusty switches that crystal ball. Saw this movie last year when Keef and Wilfong put their crystal ball on AU for Trey Hill but rusty did not flinch.... then he signed with georgia a few of weeks later lol.

Archived