Saban Riff Raff

Zeek

23 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You need to include all coaches in your question. Pete Carroll pretty much had the same thing going on at USC until his cheating was exposed, his school penalized and he took off for the NFL And he is no more and no less successful that many other coaches with equal talent and advantages in the NFL. The nickster can't even say that much about his failed NFL attempt.

Pete Carroll has a Superbowl and was one play away from another. 

I'll take it that's a no on Gus. Which would be accurate. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, keesler said:

Good to know!  So money obviously doesn't motivate the kicker position in some programs.

On another note, I love how some 18-21 yr old talented players with an IQ hovering around 75-80 are so motivated by money that they somehow become intellectually smarter with "football" knowledge than athletes in other programs.  Money somehow has a way of driving them to play at an intellectually superior level above dang near every opponent they face.  It's crazy how that happens.

Hard to motivate those soccer players that switch to football kicking. They are really fragile as is. They are the ones that screwed up their shots (over the bar, over the bar) kicking footballs. This in turn made the rest of us run an endless amount of sprints while they figured out how to get their knee back over, drive, and knuckle shots again.

These players were hazed without mercy and labeled outcasts.

Why they stand by themselves and are referred to as head cases.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Lol Barry Switzer! NCAA's not stripped and Superbowl. Had the pay for play at OU and Jerry's pocketbook.

I think Aikman actually told him to stay of the way the year they won the Superbowl.

8 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol Barry Switzer! NCAA's not stripped and Superbowl. Had the pay for play at OU and Jerry's pocketbook.

I think Aikman actually told him to stay of the way the year they won the Superbowl.

Afraid I don't follow.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So you think Gus would have the same record as saban with the same players? 136-20 (141 without the vacated wins) and 5 national championships in 11 years? 10 bowl wins?

I guess our guys aren't as talented- physically gifted, intelligent, able to understand the game, hard-working, self-motivated- as Mississippi State's or Tennessee's?

Honest questions. 

Bammer lost to Utah and Oklahoma in bowl games during that 11 year period.

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Bammer lost to Utah and Oklahoma in bowl games during that 11 year period.

Maybe the thing I looked at was including playoff wins. Really doesn't change the point at all, regardless.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe the thing I looked at was including playoff wins. Really doesn't change the point at all, regardless.

ok gotcha

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So you think Gus would have the same record as saban with the same players? 136-20 (141 without the vacated wins) and 5 national championships in 11 years? 10 bowl wins?

I guess our guys aren't as talented- physically gifted, intelligent, able to understand the game, hard-working, self-motivated- as Mississippi State's or Tennessee's?

Honest questions. 

You won't get an answer to this - watch the goal posts get moved. 

Edit: never mind, I saw the response :lol: 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:36 PM, McLoofus said:

I'm not getting into it about Gus because there are too many threads bashing him already in the other forum. It's pointless and really stupid to keep going there over and over on every thread. And you just use it as a distraction. Your buddy keesler accuses me of moving the goal posts but you are actually the one who did that by trying to start in on Gus and get the thread derailed by more griping about his deficiencies. 

Pete Carroll is hardly the only coach to ever win a Superbowl so that doesn't make him all that special. If he was... he'd be winning every year since he's on a level playing field. He and the nickster are no better and no worse than any other coach when you take away the advantages they have gotten from cheating.  You can find excuses all day long but the truth is that neither he nor the nickster would be where they are if they had been honest, and ethical.....and that has nothing to do with Gus.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Today I learned: 

The NFL has "exposed" Pete Carroll, and Alabama doesn't have to coach their players - they come with coaching included. 

The more your know.

7 billion people on the planet and what, maybe 25 have won a Super Bowl?  Nah, not special.  Bout the same as walking on the moon.

Edit: I was wrong.  31 have won super bowl and only 12 walked on the moon.

Saban is a great coach. He trots in new offensive and defensive coaches every year the the product is the still the same. He demands excellence and takes nothing short of it. However, he has built a machine at Alabama that is funded by the Red Elephant Club. He didn't have this much success at LSU and he was exposed to the same recruiting opportunities etc.. This machine was built when he came to Alabama.. 

33 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Saban is a great coach. He trots in new offensive and defensive coaches every year the the product is the still the same. He demands excellence and takes nothing short of it. However, he has built a machine at Alabama that is funded by the Red Elephant Club. He didn't have this much success at LSU and he was exposed to the same recruiting opportunities etc.. This machine was built when he came to Alabama.. 

He had more success at LSU than anyone had had in 45 years. He had enough success that the NFL wanted him. 

That said, your take is very reasonable. Saying he's had help is one thing. Saying that anyone could do what he's done with that help is just really silly and embarrassing. You didn't say that, but that is what somebody else said and what I am arguing against. 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He had more success at LSU than anyone had had in 45 years. He had enough success that the NFL wanted him. 

That said, your take is very reasonable. Saying he's had help is one thing. Saying that anyone could do what he's done with that help is just really silly and embarrassing. You didn't say that, but that is what somebody else said and what I am arguing against. 

not arguing that he didn't have success at LSU .. he did.. he was no where near the success he is having at Alabama. He is a great coach and not everyone can do what he does.. most coaches would get caught and exposed. He DEMANDS excellence and takes nothing short of it that is what sets him apart imo. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

not arguing that he didn't have success at LSU .. he did.. he was no where near the success he is having at Alabama. He is a great coach and not everyone can do what he does.. most coaches would get caught and exposed. He DEMANDS excellence and takes nothing short of it that is what sets him apart imo. 

Right. We agree.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Right. We agree.

Having said all that .... I also believe that Saban's program pays players, breaks rules, and runs rough shot over the NCAA and SEC. He does exactly as he pleases and dares anyone to say anything to him about it. It is honestly a running joke across the college football world. 

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Having said all that .... I also believe that Saban's program pays players, breaks rules, and runs rough shot over the NCAA and SEC. He does exactly as he pleases and dares anyone to say anything to him about it. It is honestly a running joke across the college football world. 

I do agree that they probably cheat more than the rest of us. And now kirby has the same racket going in Athens. Because of COURSE our two main rivals would be the two nastiest, burliest football factories in the country, with one of them besting themselves for greatest era in history. 

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

When is a crusading journalist going to publish something that exposes the REC? I guess I will keep asking this until someone can venture an answer.

15 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

When is a crusading journalist going to publish something that exposes the REC? I guess I will keep asking this until someone can venture an answer.

Why would someone want to put their family and themselves at risk of being murdered?

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

That bold section is what sets him apart.  He completely re-tooled his staff for this season - new Coordinators on both sides, new position coaches in nearly every area.  None of the coaches he hired were considered "splash" hires, in fact some coaches were completely out of left field that no one would've considered.

YES, they break the rules, flat out pay players, provide impermissible benefits via the REC and shady boosters; everyone knows it.  They have politicians and judges in their back pocket and on the payroll - it's la cosa nostra, it's their thing.

But when it's time to get to work, focus on the task at hand/the ultimate goal >>> consistently put a fundamentally sound and prepared product on the field, produce staffers and players that will DO THEIR JOB no one in the college coaching profession today compares to the process the man has put in place to consistently reach the standards he has set. 

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Why would someone want to put their family and themselves at risk of being murdered?

Well yea I thought of that but then thought maybe I have watched too many Hollywood thrillers.

Then again wasn't the main witness in the Albert Means scandal found dead under suspicious circumstances? hmmm...

31 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

several stories have been published but they are ignored.. ( The guy paying players for autographs, the DJ fluker story, Ha Ha Clinton Dix taking money from a coach and it goes on and on.. the difference is ... it is overlooked and swept under the rug. 

Archived