Zeek

Saban Riff Raff

54 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

several stories have been published but they are ignored.. ( The guy paying players for autographs, the DJ fluker story, Ha Ha Clinton Dix taking money from a coach and it goes on and on.. the difference is ... it is overlooked and swept under the rug. 

This isn’t exactly true, Alabama did an internal investigation and no wrong doings were found.  In regards to the autograph thing, Alabama wrote a sternly worded letter to the store owner.  :drippingsarcasm7pa:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This isn’t exactly true, Alabama did an internal investigation and no wrong doings were found.  In regards to the autograph thing, Alabama wrote a sternly worded letter to the store owner.  :drippingsarcasm7pa:

yeah, I forgot about that. Nothing to see here.. move along please. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

several stories have been published but they are ignored.. ( The guy paying players for autographs, the DJ fluker story, Ha Ha Clinton Dix taking money from a coach and it goes on and on.. the difference is ... it is overlooked and swept under the rug. 

It's exposed and then "taken care of" >>>>> mob style.  No one wants to to the mattresses with that machine.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 7:40 AM, McLoofus said:

Afraid I don't follow.

Switzer at OU had a huge payout system for players and recruiting and the NCAA got them. Most of the criminal activity was overlooked, well until they ran into the FBI, you had cars coming out of Yukon and the Big Red dealership. His teams out-talented the majority of teams they played.

Lol, there was a 3 year period where they only lost 3 games and all 3 were to Miami. Who had the exact same, maybe even better, set up. They also got snagged by the NCAA for those years.

Then when Switzer won a Superbowl for Dallas, he was a figurehead. You or I could of won with that team and like I said I've heard more than once that players like Aikmen told him to stay out of the way. Many blame his actions for Dallas losing to San Fran in the playoffs in 94.

Now would Gus be as successful as Saban at Alabama. Who knows (probably not), but he would definitely be in better shape than Auburn. The lines that Alabama has, Gus's offense would do very well. Mean look at Trent Richardson, that guy made a living of just putting his hand on a linemen hip and following him. Then when he got the NFL couldn't find a hole to save his life.

Saban's a great coach for sure. The type of talent he has across the board will cover alot of things up though also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, keesler said:

That bold section is what sets him apart.  He completely re-tooled his staff for this season - new Coordinators on both sides, new position coaches in nearly every area.  None of the coaches he hired were considered "splash" hires, in fact some coaches were completely out of left field that no one would've considered.

YES, they break the rules, flat out pay players, provide impermissible benefits via the REC and shady boosters; everyone knows it.  They have politicians and judges in their back pocket and on the payroll - it's la cosa nostra, it's their thing.

But when it's time to get to work, focus on the task at hand/the ultimate goal >>> consistently put a fundamentally sound and prepared product on the field, produce staffers and players that will DO THEIR JOB no one in the college coaching profession today compares to the process the man has put in place to consistently reach the standards he has set. 

I completely agree with you Keesler. But I would like to see him take the HC job at Kansas or a similar place to REALLY find out if he is that good. I would just like to know if he could do at Kansas what he did at Mich. St., LSU, and Bammer.

He's got a lot of help at West Vance(REC). Had help at LSU too.Don't think he would have that kind of help out there in Kansas.

Edited by cctiger

22 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I completely agree with you Keesler. But I would like to see him take the HC job at Kansas or a similar place to REALLY find out if he is that good. I would just like to know if he could do at Kansas what he did at Mich. St., LSU, and Bammer.

Of course he couldn't. He couldn't do at MSU what he did at LSU. And he couldn't do at LSU what he's done at bama. But what he's done at each place has been way more than what the previous guys could do there. And he would do way better at Kansas than the previous guys have. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Of course he couldn't. He couldn't do at MSU what he did at LSU. And he couldn't do at LSU what he's done at bama. But what he's done at each place has been way more than what the previous guys could do there. And he would do way better at Kansas than the previous guys have. 

He wouldn't go to Kansas.  He'd have to share god-dom with the BBall coach.

29 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

He wouldn't go to Kansas.  He'd have to share god-dom with the BBall coach.

Hahaha, yeah, he definitely wouldn't go to Kansas at this stage of his career. He would have back in the day, though, and he would have made them better. And then would have gone to a better job. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 11:38 AM, McLoofus said:

I don't believe you. I think Saban should go to Kansas and prove you're correct.

Edited by Texan4Auburn
  • Haha 2

On 11/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, oracle79 said:

7 billion people on the planet and what, maybe 25 have won a Super Bowl?  Nah, not special.  Bout the same as walking on the moon.

Edit: I was wrong.  31 have won super bowl and only 12 walked on the moon.

It's amazing how people take things out of context to try and make a point. Nobody but you is talking about the entire population of the whole world.....most of those populations don't even have football in their culture. Or space programs either even if that has absolutely nothing to do with cheating to win in football.You are making very stupid arguments.

Context is crucial....

The point was.....if a coach is such an absolute,special genius then on an even playing field he should still be able to coach his team to a championship significantly more often than all other coaches. Has that happened? No it hasn't. Pete Carroll cheated during his time at USC and that fact isn't under dispute. That's why he was so successful. Saban has done the exact same thing. More than being uniquely genius coaches....they were just really good at using the advantages that no one else is allowed in college football. In the NFL there are mostly all gifted coaches and everyone has great talent to work with. He hasn't and he won't have a stretch of dominance there year after year.