Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I'm not sure Tega has enough draft status at this point... UDFA at this point.  Trox is the only one of the 3 others you listed that have a shot at playing time this year unless major injuries pile up.  

Yeah I know but I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if they are all better than the guys ahead of them.

I think when teams see tega's athleticism they will fall in love. The sooner he can get some real coaching the sooner he can reach his ceiling. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can see that as well. I think it's a pretty big problem when the kid from the small Christian school gets to your big time college team and he's the nastiest o lineman when he gets there 😞

not to disagree to just disagree... but Harrell, Brahms, Tega, Driscoll, Horton in that order...  Horton and Driscoll are very close when it comes to aggressiveness/nastiness but both have been "banged up"

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Personally, I still blame the system & the techniques apparently being taught.  Both create for a passive OLine.  They need to put aggressiveness back into the line.  Fix that and the personnel they have in place would probably be solid.  Just my opinion.

It’s like hand, ironically, his big thing was hand placement, etc. I want a big nasty that’s going to maul a guy, I could care less about hand placement.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

They will be top half of the conference next year.  Probably somewhere around 5th best in the SEC.  if Tega stays which he should.  As always health is a huge factor and our OL hasn’t been healthy all year.  Experience and health is everything for an OL and we have had neither this year.  

They will have to improve substantially. I’m not saying that they can’t but they have a long way to go. I want to see some fight in the next four games. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I know but I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if they are all better than the guys ahead of them.

I think when teams see tega's athleticism they will fall in love. The sooner he can get some real coaching the sooner he can reach his ceiling. 

JB is a good coach (actually very good but as already mentioned a liability on the recruiting trail) and Tega has vastly improved this year.  He's lost some speed rush situations.  The next 4 games will say a lot for Tega.  Tega is also very strong kind of the opposite of Trox and Sammons.  I think Tega would make a great RT in the pros but still needs a lot more experience to go with his athleticism 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

They will have to improve substantially. I’m not saying that they can’t but they have a long way to go. I want to see some fight in the next four games. 

That's the hope of the coaching staff... Technique is getting a little better overall, missed assignments are still happening but the staff wants them to step up being aggressive and physical.  Not just get to the spot for the block but finish the block.  That was the coaching point over the bye week.  We should see if it clicks tomorrow... if we are able to run the ball in run situations then watch out this offense could explode over the next few weeks.  If not it'll be much of the same.  

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Are you guys hearing Tega may declare? Is he getting the same advice Holland did last year?

No.  I doubt he is on any draft boards.  Plus I think he wants to graduate.  

next year next year.we had a good week of practice. I am a blue collar worker that has worked his ass off so that my daughter could attend Auburn. she had a full ride to several other places but she wanted to go AU. I am sick and tired of walking out of that stadium with my tail between legs and making that climb to hay field. I have donated and donated. to hell with the creed we are being humiliated in SEC. if you feel otherwise look in the mirror. 

rock on Beavis 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

That's the hope of the coaching staff... Technique is getting a little better overall, missed assignments are still happening but the staff wants them to step up being aggressive and physical.  Not just get to the spot for the block but finish the block.  That was the coaching point over the bye week.  We should see if it clicks tomorrow... if we are able to run the ball in run situations then watch out this offense could explode over the next few weeks.  If not it'll be much of the same.  

I think getting improvement at Center calling the schem  would help a lot. That can only come with experience.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of very good lineman that join our 2019 bunch between now and New Years. I think we still have a shot at Webb. 

We have had a shot at Webb... strange guy... but a mediocre season hasn't helped in his recruitment.  From seeing him a couple times he isn't close to a 5 star, I wouldn't even put him a mid 4.... I'd say high low 4 star if that makes sense.  He's not the cure all for our OL unless he is willing and wants to play OC...

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Ashley like Troxell has potential to beat out Driscoll or win out at one of the guard positions needs to work on his technique. I believe guard maybe his best position.

Hell, is he even still on the team?  Seems like he's become a ghost like so many of Gus's big time recruits (personal issues, mystery injuries, doghouse, off the field issues, attitude, etc.).  To be clear, I haven't heard anything or know anything, but what's the last solid evidence anyone can document that he's even been practicing?

Just now, oracle79 said:

Hell, is he even still on the team?  Seems like he's become a ghost like so many of Gus's big time recruits (personal issues, mystery injuries, doghouse, off the field issues, attitude, etc.).  To be clear, I haven't heard anything or know anything, but what's the last solid evidence anyone can document that he's even been practicing?

Trox is still with the team.  Ashley... Information will come out soon.  Lets just leave the Ashley stuff at that for now since there are no official reports at this point speculation would just be rumor.  

Harrell and Horton have no desire for the NFL, they both are concerned about CTE effecting their careers after football. And yes I know for a fact it is not a rumor I am starting. 

34 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Can we please have a normal conversation without injecting hate of Gus into it....

I'm sure a True Freshman QB possibly will be plenty of reasons to lose 4 games and a very inexperienced front 7...  but gotta play the games first

Gus is the elephant in the room whether you and the Gus Brigade like it or not 

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Gus is the elephant in the room whether you and the Gus Brigade like it or not 

We are discussing OL regardless of who the coach is... I don’t care what happens with the coaches.  I support the coaches as long as the are at AU but I have nothing for them other then that.  But posts like this is why I left the board for a while... and many others as well because there can be no other discussion on the board outside of Gus sucks... sorry to disappoint but you probably have the rest of this year and next year to complain so you might want to pace yourself.  

11 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Harrell and Horton have no desire for the NFL, they both are concerned about CTE effecting their careers after football. And yes I know for a fact it is not a rumor I am starting. 

Then why are they playing?  Why practicing hard enough to be starters?  I’m sure they could fake back injuries and still stay on scholarship.  

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Then why are they playing?  Why practicing hard enough to be starters?  I’m sure they could fake back injuries and still stay on scholarship.  

We will see what happens at the end of the season. I know one of them has had a discussion with Gus already. 

22 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

If they’re already that worried about it, they should probably just stop playing now. . 

16 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We are discussing OL regardless of who the coach is... I don’t care what happens with the coaches.  I support the coaches as long as the are at AU but I have nothing for them other then that.  But posts like this is why I left the board for a while... and many others as well because there can be no other discussion on the board outside of Gus sucks... sorry to disappoint but you probably have the rest of this year and next year to complain so you might want to pace yourself.  

People Are tired of 2-3 losses before we even reach amen corner most of the time. People are tired of not being able to enjoy other games because of how the seasons have started. This site will be full of those type of threads until we start producing  to the tune of what we have, a top 5 paid coach and Top 10 classes in recruiting. Until he starts producing near that level, the amount of “hate” will remain.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

We have lead the nation in rushing once ( first sec team ever) and lead the sec in rushing 3 or 4 times in 6 years. That doesn’t happen with a staff that creates “passive “ offensive lines. I have no explanation for the oline woes this season but I don’t think you’re on the right track at all. 

You think O-Linemen doing backward summersaults and being cock-roached (normally a term for a good block on a DLineman) are signs of an aggressive technique being taught?  Plus Tega is improving but Harrell is much worse than last year.  Hey, I could be wrong...sure, but I don't think they're being taught well.  

Also, see @Gowebb11 post a few after mine (response to mine).  He further explained it better than me.

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If they’re already that worried about it, they should probably just stop playing now. . 

20 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

We will see what happens at the end of the season. I know one of them has had a discussion with Gus already. 

Archived