Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

7 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

This limited like thing is really annoying...awesome that you’re a physician and there is nothing wrong with a little gif obsession...

My Dad worked for Glidden/ICI most of his adult life so paint is noble to me- kept me fed and clothed 😀

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, fredst said:

My Dad worked for Glidden/ICI most of his adult life so paint is noble to me- kept me fed and clothed 😀

Nice. Yeah it puts food on our table and I enjoy the job so it’s cool. Make my own schedule too so that helps. 

I have spent the season watching Auburn play and I see little hope in the near future. There is not a highly athletic lineman in the bunch. I'm sure they are all good Auburn guys, but that doesn't win games any more. None of these guys could start anywhere else and almost all of them would be third teamers, at best.

Tega is playing tackle because we have no one else. Driscoll was a good player at his previous college, but that doesn't work in the SEC, especially with his injuries. 

Harrell and Horton have been banged up so often the past two seasons they are physically unable to perform and I have my doubts they will ever return to their previous levels of play.

Troxell had possibilities but his two knee injuries have so limited his mobility he is now ineffective at the level we need him to be.

Kim and Brahms are just not capable players due to injuries and also due to lack of physical ability.

As far as the rest, if they had a lot of promise, they would have seen a good bit of playing time already.

Folks it is bleak now and even bleaker for down the road. More games will not erase the shortcomings but will only make them more visible to other teams. I am afraid it will take 2 to 3 years of good recruiting to give us a good line, albeit with no reliable depth. Unfortunately Auburn has allowed Gus to hire people he can command rather than quality football recruiters and coaches who can find and develop players. Fortunately his meddling with the defense has been less of a problem.

My .02:

We go sign 5 out of the 10 Top Juco OL in the nation. 

I do not see any other options. Our OL recruits are just not panning out. 

Why are they not panning out? That is a question for another thread.

Side note: last night Driscoll's former teamates at UMass topped Liberty, our opponent in 2 weeks, 62 - 59 in OT. So when we play Liberty can we therefore compare us vs the level of competition from whence ole Jack comes?😁 UCF says we could...

The next OL coach is going to have to hit the JuCo and Grad Transfer market hard for 2-3 seasons while they recruit the hell out of the HS circuit and start a true development program.  It might be ugly for a few more years but hopefully the next coach will be able to scheme around it better.

Archived