Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

Texas A&M Visitor List & Thread

Big visitors weekend for Tigers

By Keith Niebuhr

With Texas A&M coming to town, Auburn has a big recruiting weekend ahead. The Tigers will host three official visitors and several high-profile unofficials.

Here's a look at who we expect to be in town ...

***OFFICIAL VISITORS***

Nakobe Dean, LB, Horn Lake (Miss.): A 5-star backer, Dean has been one of Auburn's biggest targets throughout the entirety of this recruiting cycle. But he hasn't stepped foot on campus since earlier in the year and that certainly is a concern. That will change this weekend when Dean officially visits for the Texas A&M game. According to sources, Auburn is said to feel cautiously optimistic here. The Tigers think they are in this one more than people think and we agree. Still, it's an uphill fight. Two Auburn coaches watched Dean play earlier this fall. He wants to study engineering and a great focus will be on academics during his upcoming visit. We view Alabama as the favorite with Georgia next. Dean loved his first visit to Auburn. Can another good trip get the Tigers squarely into the hunt?

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Surprise -- elite cornerback officially visiting Tigers

By Keith Niebuhr

Auburn will have a surprise recruit on campus this weekend -- and it's a big one.

Tyrique Stevenson, a 4-star corner from Miami (Fla.) Southridge and a top-50 national recruit, is officially visiting the Tigers, he told Andrew Ivins of InsidetheU.com -- the Miami site for 247Sports. 

Stevenson has since Tweeted about his visit.

For Stevenson, we believe this will be his third visit to Auburn this year.

The 6-feet, 202-pound Stevenson is the No. 5 corner and No. 39 recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. Georgia is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite, followed by Miami.

1COMMENTS

Stevenson will begin his official visit Saturday morning.

Wow! That’s a solid group. If we got Dean and H-wood I’d have to change my shorts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Wow! That’s a solid group. If we got Dean and H-wood I’d have to change my shorts.

I don’t know what’s funnier. Your post or that it was @MCPeePants who first laughed at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know what’s funnier. Your post or that it was @MCPeePants who first laughed at it.

I gotta go with @MCPeePants - hands down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I gotta go with @MCPeePants - hands down

Another joke in that post. Lol.

• Haha 2

If the recruits hung around for the entire game they had to be impressed with the comeback, but also the chance to come in and contribute EARLY.

• Like 1

Definitely a fun game for the boys to witness! Now let’s commit and get in here early. They should take note that Iggy and Seth, two freshmen, are contributing early!

Pappoe went to UT to see them play Charlotte instead of watching an SEC showdown in Auburn. That’s awful news! Instead of Pappoe pulling Wanya Morris to Auburn, Morris and Pruitt are pulling Pappoe to UT.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Pappoe went to UT to see them play Charlotte instead of watching an SEC showdown in Auburn. That’s awful news! Instead of Pappoe pulling Wanya Morris to Auburn, Morris and Pruitt are pulling Pappoe to UT.

I feel like he is solid.  

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Agree.  He did tell Auburn coaches he would be in Auburn for the game (at least he was on the unofficial visitor list).  Hopefully he hold true to his commit.  But Jeremy Pruitt is one hell of a recruiter.

I hope Mr. 5* California liked what he saw today, nothing like the show we put on at J-H!

Cringed when i heard booing during game though (not talking about when "wounded" aggie flopped either). Harrell & other players are even starting to tweet about it. Booing is childish anyway but clueless when recruits are around. (Understanding it is just a small but vocal % of our fans).

Only real booing I heard was because of the refs calls. A lot of booing after a few of the really bad calls. Did not really see any that was directed toward AU. A few people close to me were ready to storm the field after the refs.

Edited by wildlife alumni

Booing on the 1st drive after we had 3 straight negative plays. Then again on the drive in the first quarter when we actually started to move the ball but stalled out and it was 4th and 1 and Gus punted from around the 45 - 50, but the Sippos put down inside the 5. Then a lot of boos on the many many many bad referee calls.

7 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Morris is locked in with UT regardless. I still think Pappoe lands with AU albeit the UT visit today is an eye opener.

Edited by ellitor

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Morris is locked in with UT regardless. I still think Pappoe lands with AU albeit the UT visit today is an eye opener.

Do you know if he notified the AU coaches he was not coming and going to UT instead?  If not shades of his teammate Clark.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Do you know if he notified the AU coaches he was not coming and going to UT instead?  If not shades of his teammate Clark.

Don't know. Insider articles from Keith & Wolk this week will be interesting to say the least.

There was definite booing going on when M Willis got pulled out and Stidham put back in on 3rd down.

There was quite a bit of booing and leaving that was going on that was embarrassing.

That said, it was a pretty great atmosphere after we pulled one that one out of the fires.  Toomer's afterwards was quite busy as well.

19 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Booing on the 1st drive after we had 3 straight negative plays. Then again on the drive in the first quarter when we actually started to move the ball but stalled out and it was 4th and 1 and Gus punted from around the 45 - 50, but the Sippos put down inside the 5. Then a lot of boos on the many many many bad referee calls.

Guess the question might be...are they booing the players, booing the coaches or just booing the overall situation?   .   BUT..."booing" goes on all day long on this site and others too.    It's not like the players and coaches are unaware of the negativism that flourishes over talk radio, the internet, etc...... so guess it's not surprising that some of those same attitudes might show up in the stadium.   People get frustrated I guess .....and I agree it's unseemly and not what we expect "Auburn People" to do.....but how can anyone be surprised?   

BUT....booing the refs......that was justified on more than one occasion..:)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Crystal ball for Pappoe to UT today.....

Holy crap. By who?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Life is stupid. 

I have been concerned about him for a while. If you didnt see he removed all the auburn pics from his twitter background and profile pic. Again hope im wrong... 

• Angry 1