Texas A&M Visitor List & Thread

ellitor

4 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

If you didnt see he removed all the auburn pics from his twitter background and profile pic. 

Wow.  Guess I don’t blame him but dang. 

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Crystal ball for Pappoe to UT today.....

From Demetric Warren who is not that good of a picker & doesn't cover either team. I'd wait for a pick from an AU, UGA, or UT writer.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

From Demetric Warren who is not that good of a picker & doesn't cover either team. I'd wait for a pick from an AU, UGA, or UT writer.

Always consider the source grasshopper.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Off topic, but it kind of reminds me of fishing on my favorite charter boat in Orange Beach during the Coast Guard mandated safety briefing.  The deckhand says “People sometimes ask me how will I know when I need to put on a life jacket.”  To which he responds, “If you see the captain come out of the wheel house wearing a life jacket, that’s a pretty good indication that you’ll need one too...”

3 hours ago, gctiger said:

Off topic, but it kind of reminds me of fishing on my favorite charter boat in Orange Beach during the Coast Guard mandated safety briefing.  The deckhand says “People sometimes ask me how will I know when I need to put on a life jacket.”  To which he responds, “If you see the captain come out of the wheel house wearing a life jacket, that’s a pretty good indication that you’ll need one too...”

If I'm the captain in this scenario the life jacket is on stand by right now. This is arguably the biggest week in Gus's HC tenure at AU.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

If I'm the captain in this scenario the life jacket is on stand by right now. This is arguably the biggest week in Gus's HC tenure at AU.

What does he have to do this week? No one really expects him to beat GA, do they?

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

What does he have to do this week? No one really expects him to beat GA, do they?

Not get our doors blown off. If they blow off our doors all bets are off.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

This is arguably the biggest week in Gus's HC tenure at AU.

The sad thing is, I feel like this very phrase or some variation there of has been used about Gus multiple times going back to 2016 at least. And, here we still are. That should tell us everything we need to know about our HC: he’s never going to have the support of a large % of the fan base or the results that would justify that kind of support (6 years is enough to make that judgment I think). It’s like we’re in college football purgatory....

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

The sad thing is, I feel like this very phrase or some variation there of has been used about Gus multiple times going back to 2016 at least. And, here we still are. That should tell us everything we need to know about our HC: he’s never going to have the support of a large % of the fan base or the results that would justify that kind of support (6 years is enough to make that judgment I think). It’s like we’re in college football purgatory....

FWIW I have never said or felt this way except Amen Corner last season.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I have never said or felt this way except Amen Corner last season.

If you didn’t feel that way at some point in 2016 you’re stronger than I am mentally, lol.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

If you didn’t feel that way at some point in 2016 you’re stronger than I am mentally, lol.

Oh I wanted it to be that way but didn't feel it from vines I got.

7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I guess it no longer matters?

It does. Green said only what he had to with AU beat writers peppering him hard with questions.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It does. Green said only what he had to with AU beat writers peppering him hard with questions.

Just seems weird that he would say all that with what sounds like 100% certainty if the opposite were still a possibility. I’ll have to keep reading it to find any wiggle room. Then again, I’m not an AD, so what do I know

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Just seems weird that he would say all that with what sounds like 100% certainty if the opposite were still a possibility. I’ll have to keep reading it to find any wiggle room. Then again, I’m not an AD, so what do I know

Does it? How many coaches have been 💩-canned not long after getting the dreaded “vote of confidence”? His answer was perfect to help stop/slow  the job security questions but doesn’t change the fundamentals of the situation at all. Just means he’d have to spend a few more minutes explaining why he fired the coach he defended at the obligatory presser should that be how it plays out.

7 hours ago, fredst said:

Does it? How many coaches have been 💩-canned not long after getting the dreaded “vote of confidence”? His answer was perfect to help stop/slow  the job security questions but doesn’t change the fundamentals of the situation at all. Just means he’d have to spend a few more minutes explaining why he fired the coach he defended at the obligatory presser should that be how it plays out.

Won't have to spend much longer if we have 35-0 & 50+-0 drubbings to UGA & Bama respectively.

Archived