Exhibition vs Lincoln Memorial

Tiger

This game is not going very well for AU.....LMU speed is keeping it close and some AU players apparently getting dinged up.

AU up by 4 in middle of the second half..

76-62 but AU had to work to get it done.....had the lead the entire game but the final score was probably the largest lead of the game....LMU speed gave our guys some trouble but overall talent and shooting got it done.   Gotta watch some of these small schools.....have good talent and mainly the can't match up with size. 

First game in front of a crowd, Bryce and Harper cramping, and adding in new and returning faces. I’ll take a win with no disappointment.  

FWIW there have been Final 4 teams that lost their exhibitions to D2 schools. We played a top 5 D2 school. Sloppy but good to get the W vs a quality lower tier opponent.

Not worth a new thread but did anyone else see that DeSean Murray is suspended indefinitely for breaking team rules at WKU?

Internet rumors are making it sound like some partaking of the ganjarino was involved. I've read that this was an "issue" at AU and part of why he transferred out.

28 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Did everyone forget about last year already?  Does Barry ring a bell?  This game does not mean poo.

IMHO, it matters ... positively.  We beat a team this year by double digits who is supposedly better than last years opponent.  We also did it while playing poorly.  We got a bunch of minutes for guys who will need that additional experience later on in the season.  It gives CBP something to beat them over the head with.  All positives in my book!  ... and it gave this poor AU-basketball-starving fan something to be interested in late last week.  

Bring on the first game!

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

IMHO, it matters ... positively.  We beat a team this year by double digits who is supposedly better than last years opponent.  We also did it while playing poorly.  We got a bunch of minutes for guys who will need that additional experience later on in the season.  It gives CBP something to beat them over the head with.  All positives in my book!  ... and it gave this poor AU-basketball-starving fan something to be interested in late last week.  

Bring on the first game!

I wasn't able to go to the game, so I can't make any actual observations. However, these games are about teachable moments. Let guys get the jitters out before the games that count. I didn't see the game, but judging by the score (and what Lincoln has done recently) it appears we played pretty good defense. 

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Bring on the first game!

meh.  Was mainly responding to our resident Bruce hater.  It really means nothing at all, just fun to get out there and play in front of a crowd.  Those are all good talking points but it is just a scrimmage and treated as such by coaches.  Results have no bearing on anything.  Last year this board exploded when they lost to Barry, the few of us that have followed basketball forever told everyone to chill out, it means poo on how the season will go.  By all possible measures we were right.

Archived