Will SEC allow Freeze to Auburn

provibe

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I've actually suggested this would happen a few weeks ago.

And I'm serious.

Yes, I know.  It would follow Gus’ trend for offensive coaching hires.  It’s sad that we think this and I hope Gus will hire someone else, but he hasn’t spend a whole lot of time finding offensive coaches.  Time will tell.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Hiring any new OC will just be lipstick as long as the pig is there

Agreed. Don’t waste Hugh Freeze on Gus..

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think KB will be our next OC, Kodi Burns that is.

He was given the CO-OC title when he got here so obviously he's ready to take over. 

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yet another question, is this something Gus is actually considering or just a message board rumor/wish? 

Hearing or reading where?    But hoping AU does not even give serous thought to this.   We don't need a guy with his baggage....JMO. 

Plus, if we make some offensive changes I'm hoping we don't get another guy who is an old friend of Gus.   Need a little diversity and freshness to the offense and not just a recycled version of what we are running now. 

6 hours ago, alexava said:

Unless Hugh can bring about 3 stud olinemen with him , he's of no help. If he did we'd probably be in the mess ole miss is now minus the ho's.  I don't see it. 

Bro this post gave me life....so true and funny at the same time 

The PTB need to dictate that we hire a new OC. They also need to dictate that Freeze is that OC. They then need to dictate that he runs his own offense. Gus can try his hand at rehabbing coaches too. 

It doesn't matter who our OC is. If Gus won't give them full control of the offense, we're gonna be scratching our heads much the same every year wondering why the offense looks the exact same.

My take on CGM and who he hires. CGM hires young, inexperienced OC's and other coaches because someone gave him a chance. He did this with the DC until he hired Will Muschamp, and now Kevin Steele.  He has a heart for giving people a hand up, see Rhette Lashlee, Kodi Burns, Chip Lindsey and Travis Williams. I believe he will hire a experienced  OC this summer.

The main reason why I havent given up on CGM is because the players still believe on him,  that speaks volumes over and any fan, insider or not. Persecute me, but I am a grown man and have my own perspective, so I may see things other than the cup being half empty all the time.

I will say this....we would be wise to hire an upcoming OC who could survive a regime change vs. someone like Freeze who would be let go during a regime change.    That way we could have stability with recruiting and who knows, maybe be retained by a new coach.

Just thinking long term.  Briles would be ideal.  Maybe Litrell  from UNT

The point of my question was that we probably shouldn't even be discussing getting HF when the SEC will most likely not even allow that to happen. I do have another question for those in the know. Who actually called the offensive plays in the 4th quarter of this game, some have said that Gus took over the play calling, but I am wondering if he finally turned it over to Chip?

11 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Why would we want him?  Bringing him in would be a horrible decision and not one thing would change.   People need to realize that changing the OC in this program isn't going to change anything.  Until Malzahn is gone, this offense is going to look just like what we have seen the last 3 years regardless of who the OC is.  I hope the SEC says no and I hope Auburn is smart enough to say NO and stay away from that.  I don't want Freeze anywhere near Auburn.

He's in Auburn often........he daughter goes to Auburn.....:poke:

14 minutes ago, provibe said:

The point of my question was that we probably shouldn't even be discussing getting HF when the SEC will most likely not even allow that to happen. I do have another question for those in the know. Who actually called the offensive plays in the 4th quarter of this game, some have said that Gus took over the play calling, but I am wondering if he finally turned it over to Chip?

JMO but it was probably Chip all the way.. Just about every HC who calls his own plays has a play card with plays and situations......which is pretty complicated stuff I understand.  ..never saw Gus look at a play sheet and don't think he is able to do that from memory. 

18 minutes ago, provibe said:

Pretty sure Gus has taken control after UT. 

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Gus is back next year Freeze will be the OC. Unless there is some silly bidding war for Freeze. Freeze can be a assistant or coordinator in the SEC next year. 

How did today affect Gus's future at AU?

43 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Gus is back next year Freeze will be the OC. Unless there is some silly bidding war for Freeze. Freeze can be a assistant or coordinator in the SEC next year. 

This post makes what happened tonight feel a little better—and it’s wierd that a post of yours warned my heart.

37 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pretty sure Gus has taken control after UT. 

Yep.  I think it started with UT.  That first run heavy drive against UT had Gus written all over it.  UT wasn’t a lack of offense as much as the defense getting exposed.  There have been certain tell tell play calling that weren’t present in the first half of the season.

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

/thread 

Archived