Will SEC allow Freeze to Auburn

provibe

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean I can see the power hands wanting us to be competitive but I feel like this team could be competitive and still lose to both UGA and Bama handily. Just my feeling. It shouldn’t be that way but forever reason this might be the case at least this year. 

tenor.gif

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lot of money in the buyout. That is the reason. Money is there. But it’s a lot of money. 

I get the money is there but why does it matter if we get blown out or not? That's my point. Why not base it on just winning or losing? As I said, I think this team could be extremely competitive and fighting at their best and lose to both teams handily. I think most of it is due to the freaking personnel that Gus hired TBH.

Just now, DAG said:

I get the money is there but why does it matter if we get blown out or not? That's my point. Why not base it on just winning or losing? As I said, I think this team could be extremely competitive and fighting at their best and lose to both teams handily. I think most of it is due to the freaking personnel that Gus hired TBH.

It should but IMO JABA to an extent.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I’m guessing that if we get blown out and the team appears to quit on Gus, it would make a difference.

6 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Story is behind paywall. 

Good thing there is no such thing as the kiss of death from ADs, GMs, & owners...Oh wait!

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree. But I don’t have any skin in the game. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Damn. Greene is good. Real good. I do say I’m getting a man crush on him. He is going to be a stud AD. Well done Allen. 

Did he just go Cartman on some of the money people?

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Did he just go Cartman on some of the money people?

Which episode are you referring to?

I can't tell whether WDE was being sarcastic in that post?

Just now, AUwent said:

Which episode are you referring to?

I can't tell whether WDE was being sarcastic in that post?

Dead serious. Stops the speculation for the near future. Was a boss move by Greene. 

Just now, selias said:

giphy.gif

Not at all. Greene said what he had and should say. Nothing more or less. He is pretty much in control now anyways, I’d say. He is very respected by all the PTB that I know. 

That was not a cartman to the PTB. 

47 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Damn. Greene is good. Real good. I do say I’m getting a man crush on him. He is going to be a stud AD. Well done Allen. 

Awesome move by AD Greene. All this constant speculation and chatter of both opinions before season's end is not helping Auburn.

Why is Freeze the answer if he didn't even call plays for Ole Miss when they were good on O? Is that concerning for anyone else? 

I was under the impression he was calling the O for some reason. I like Freeze as the most accomplished guy who could fill the OC spot but I'll admit I'm not overly familiar with Freeze's history other than he was kind of like Gus except instead of fast tracked to OC he kind of worked his way up

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Why is Freeze the answer if he didn't even call plays for Ole Miss when they were good on O? Is that concerning for anyone else? 

I was under the impression he was calling the O for some reason. I'll admit I'm not overly familiar with Freeze's history other than he was kind of like Gus except instead of fast tracked to OC he kind of worked his way up

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-staff-have-solid-playcalling-system/

He is an HC. He can't spend his whole time calling plays. That is why you hire offensive coordinators but do not think for a second he doesn't have his hand in there. This article should provide more information 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-staff-have-solid-playcalling-system/

He is an HC. He can't spend his whole time calling plays. That is why you hire offensive coordinators but do not think for a second he doesn't have his hand in there. This article should provide more information 

While he figured out why to give up play calling before Gus did this doesn't give me the confidence I was looking for. Maybe it's Gus' shadow over the whole thing, but I definitely see the major plus side of having someone with the cred that Freeze has manning our O. And I mean actually running the O not being the fall guy for Gus' dumb crap. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

While he figured out why to give up play calling before Gus did this doesn't give me the confidence I was looking for. Maybe it's Gus' shadow over the whole thing, but I definitely see the major plus side of having someone with the cred that Freeze has manning our O. And I mean actually running the O not being the fall guy for Gus' dumb crap. 

But I am confused as to why you think he should be calling all the plays? As a head coach, eventually, you are going to have to train and trust someone to call the plays, as you have a crap load of responsibility. A very small majority of head coaches actually act as their own coordinator at the collegiate and professional level.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

But I am confused as to why you think he should be calling all the plays? As a head coach, eventually, you are going to have to train and trust someone to call the plays, as you have a crap load of responsibility. A very small majority of head coaches actually act as their own coordinator at the collegiate and professional level.

Right but we are potentially hiring him as OC. According to his wiki bio he's been OC for one year of his career. So only one year of calling plays. Chip had more experience calling an O it seems unless I'm totally misunderstanding some things. I get it's not a HCs job to call the plays but what I'm looking for is his history of him calling an offense. 

My pause is that he's only done this for one season and we are asking him to save us/Gus? Seems like we are desperate.... Which I suppose we are. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Right but we are potentially hiring him as OC. According to his wiki bio he's been OC for one year of his career. So only one year of calling plays. Chip had more experience calling an O it seems unless I'm totally misunderstanding some things. I get it's not a HCs job to call the plays but what I'm looking for is his history of him calling an offense. 

My pause is that he's only done this for one season and we are asking him to save us/Gus? Seems like we are desperate.... Which I suppose we are. 

This was my concern as well....why no pub for the Briles kid, or another OC outside of Freeze. Some are acting as Freeze is the GOAT and the only savior of Auburn’s offense. His best claim is beating Bama twice, something Gus has done, and done when it mattered. As putrid as the run game and offense has been if the players would have executed a few plays in the losses Auburn could easily be 8-1 vs 6-3. IMO Gus needs help in the passing game, route variations, etc. So if Freeze can help him with that bring him on, just take his cellphone.

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But what I am saying is that is his kffense that ole miss is currently running. Matt Luke learned from Hugh Freeze. The principles that Matt Luke is running is Hugh Freeze’s principles. These are the same principles he used at Lambuth, Arkansas State, and Ole Miss. All of this has been successful from an offensive standpoint. The issue is he has been an HC early on at all those places. That doesn't mean he didn't create the offense and guided the coordinators.

It's like you are giving Matt Luke credit for something he didn't create. This is nothing like the situation we have now, where we have an offensive mind coach who has absolutely no answer on how to adapt. There is a reason why Nick Saban wanted him around. 

Like think for a second. When Hugh Freeze was head coach, did you ever hear he needs to hire an offensive coordinator to help him scheme?! If he was green on that side of the ball, he wouldn't have people like Nick Saban seeking him or even be able to get a professional job. We have fans who are okay with the rationalization that an offensive-minded head coach needs as much help as possible adapting. Well, if that is the case, you need to find the best one available, who can also stand up for themselves. 

On 11/3/2018 at 11:27 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I wouldn’t think so either, but going from not being hired as a consultant to being an OC in a year is a huge leap.  I know a lot of people here want him to be hired, but the way I see it, it’s not time.

I think bringing in HF couldn't hurt at all...but he only gets a landline...NO CELL PHONES!

Archived