Will SEC allow Freeze to Auburn

provibe

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, open the check book for OL coach. Need someone who can recruit as well as coach.

The "Hugh Freeze Experiment" will only work that way.  If Gus makes him do it all his way and can't give HF the freedom he evidently gives CKS then we're just looking at the same crap we've been seeing.

I'm not convinced Gus can do that.

I've been giving him the preseason benefit of the doubt since '15 and he's failed my hopes & expectations each time.  If next year doesn't net 2 total losses (or less), beating thUga and or bammer, plus a bowl victory it will be just considered more of the same to me.  I don't even care if they go playoffs but an SEC Championship sure would be nice.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

The "Hugh Freeze Experiment" will only work that way.  If Gus makes him do it all his way and can't give HF the freedom he evidently gives CKS then we're just looking at the same crap we've been seeing.

I'm not convinced Gus can do that.

I've been giving him the preseason benefit of the doubt since '15 and he's failed my hopes & expectations each time.  If next year doesn't net 2 total losses (or less), beating thUga and or bammer, plus a bowl victory it will be just considered more of the same to me.  I don't even care if they go playoffs but an SEC Championship sure would be nice.

Again I agree with you. It seems like most here believe that his relationship and respect for Hugh Freeze could make the difference.

IDK if Freeze is calling the O I'd be kind of curious to see what he could do with Stidham.

That being said, everyone seems to be glossing over the fact that this guy got Ole Miss on major probation and just focusing on how much of a horndog he is as the red flag. I get we all play the game but I don't want Freeze and his sloppy recruiting tactics in AU. If he hires some prostitutes here he will be fired and he'll likely never coach again -- slight black eye for AU but it will be forgotten in 2 weeks. If Freeze is getting us busted for NCAA infractions that hurts our program big time and we will feel the effects for several years, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

But boyyyyy him having full control and calling the shots on offense is fun to think about...

Just now, Zeek said:

Again I agree with you. It seems like most here believe that his relationship and respect for Hugh Freeze could make the difference.

I hope so.

As I've been saying all along, I like Gus a lot and would LOVE to see him become great while at Auburn.

I just don't trust him anymore.  But, if HF makes the difference, I'll be very very happy.

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

IDK if Freeze is calling the O I'd be kind of curious to see what he could do with Stidham.

That being said, everyone seems to be glossing over the fact that this guy got Ole Miss on major probation and just focusing on how much of a horndog he is as the red flag. I get we all play the game but I don't want Freeze and his sloppy recruiting tactics in AU. If he hires some prostitutes here he will be fired and he'll likely never coach again -- slight black eye for AU but it will be forgotten in 2 weeks. If Freeze is getting us busted for NCAA infractions that hurts our program big time and we will feel the effects for several years, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

But boyyyyy him having full control and calling the shots on offense is fun to think about...

Not to bring faith into the thread but just to say, if he IS a true Christian, as he professes, then he can take his vices up with The Lord and his family.  I'm not going to judge him there...not my place.

As for the recruiting?  Hopefully #1, he's learned his lesson.  #2, since Gus is the boss, that seems to one thing he's done VERY well is oversight in terms of keeping it clean.  Hopefully HF gets that.  Plus, Auburn does very well and is probably a much easier recruiting job than Ole Miss.

Bottom line.  I'm sick and tired of "wait til next year" with Gus.  HF at least gives us something to look forward to next year.  Another "yes-Gus-man" and I'll just be waiting for the new HC announcement for 2020.

I'll take @WarDamnEagleWDE word for it that HF is a legit possibility.  Otherwise I'm not kidding when I say I expect Kodi Burns to be promoted to OC Gus Puppet.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Not to bring faith into the thread but just to say, if he IS a true Christian, as he professes, then he can take his vices up with The Lord and his family.  I'm not going to judge him there...not my place.

As for the recruiting?  Hopefully #1, he's learned his lesson.  #2, since Gus is the boss, that seems to one thing he's done VERY well is oversight in terms of keeping it clean.  Hopefully HF gets that.  Plus, Auburn does very well and is probably a much easier recruiting job than Ole Miss.

Bottom line.  I'm sick and tired of "wait til next year" with Gus.  HF at least gives us something to look forward to next year.  Another "yes-Gus-man" and I'll just be waiting for the new HC announcement for 2020.

I'll take @WarDamnEagleWDE word for it that HF is a legit possibility.  Otherwise I'm not kidding when I day I expect Kodi Burns to be promoted to OC Gus Puppet.

I love everything about the possibility of the Freeze hire outside of the NCAA thing. I think you're right Gus can keep Hugh from going wild on the recruiting trail then count me in. Agree on giving us some real hope for next year, because let me tell you my interest in this off-season I could already tell was going to be at an all-time low knowing we're getting more of the same from Gustav and friends on O. 

Yeah smart money is on Kodi for being next OC but I'm going with the upset pick of Michael Dyer

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, open the check book for OL coach. Need someone who can recruit as well as coach.

I posted in another thread I hope they would give Dwayne Ledford a look. He’s young, energetic and has been a success everywhere he’s been. His team’s quarterback doesn’t get sacked often and he’s the run game coordinator for NC State. He was the originator of NC State’s Band of Brothers.

https://gopack.com/coaches.aspx?rc=803

25 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I love everything about the possibility of the Freeze hire outside of the NCAA thing. I think you're right Gus can keep Hugh from going wild on the recruiting trail then count me in. Agree on giving us some real hope for next year, because let me tell you my interest in this off-season I could already tell was going to be at an all-time low knowing we're getting more of the same from Gustav and friends on O. 

Yeah smart money is on Kodi for being next OC but I'm going with the upset pick of Michael Dyer

Smart money is on Lache Seastrunk

26 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I posted in another thread I hope they would give Dwayne Ledford a look. He’s young, energetic and has been a success everywhere he’s been. His team’s quarterback doesn’t get sacked often and he’s the run game coordinator for NC State. He was the originator of NC State’s Band of Brothers.

https://gopack.com/coaches.aspx?rc=803

If Malzahn is retained, any OC - even Freeze - will only be damage control over what would otherwise be a major lack of fan enthusiasm heading into a tough 2019 season. I seriously hope they don't waste any more up and coming talent in that position. This is Malzahn's offense. Make him own it. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I’m being serious here. Gus gets retained and even brings up Kodi as OC, he will be fired. That ain’t happening. If Gus is at AU next year Freeze will be the OC. I’d say it’s better than. 95% chance now. If Gus is back. 

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Gus had a open check book when he hired Grimes again. He could have spent well over 750k if needed. But nope. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I would not worry about the NCAA if Freeze is hired. Trust me. 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’m being serious here. Gus gets retained and even brings up Kodi as OC, he will be fired. That ain’t happening. If Gus is at AU next year Freeze will be the OC. I’d say it’s better than. 95% chance now. If Gus is back. 

Assuming 1-2 the last 3 weeks, what are your odds of Gus being let go?  Does HF even factor into that decision if he can't beat either thUga or bammer?

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Assuming 1-2 the last 3 weeks, what are your odds of Gus being let go?

Depends how bad Bama & maybe moreso UGA beat us.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I would not worry about the NCAA if Freeze is hired. Trust me. 

Why was Freeze a no-no when Saban wanted him last year, but this year it will be ok to hire him? Does just 1 more year make a difference in the eyes of the SEC? 

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Assuming 1-2 the last 3 weeks, what are your odds of Gus being let go?  Does HF even factor into that decision if he can't beat either thUga or bammer?

See how bad those losses are. Freeze will matter to some. Some it won’t. The ones who want Gus gone will not be back on the bus. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Depends how bad Bama & maybe moreso UGA beat us.

I am just a little confused as to at this point why would this matter? I mean I can see the power hands wanting us to be competitive but I feel like this team could be competitive and still lose to both UGA and Bama handily. Just my feeling. It shouldn’t be that way but forever reason this might be the case at least this year. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am just a little confused as to at this point why would this matter? I mean I can see the power hands wanting us to be competitive but I feel like this team could be competitive and still lose to both UGA and Bama handily. Just my feeling. It shouldn’t be that way but forever reason this might be the case at least this year. 

Lot of money in the buyout. That is the reason. Money is there. But it’s a lot of money. 

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

Behind a paywall.  The "..." Could be anything from "if he beats thUga & bammer" to "no matter what" to "over my dead body". 😉

Archived