WarTiger

**Texas A&M Game thread**

Recommended Posts





2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

throw back screen to Miller was a nice play call .  1st down.

Nice check off by Stidham on that play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw the ball away instead of taking stupid hits. And what a chicken play call to punt there. Gus should be thanking his lucky stars it worked out ok. We need someone with some guts

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

Stid just can’t think quick and panics under pressure. No creativity with him. 

He had a two man route.   Those aren't hard to cover.  Where is he supposed to throw it if receivers are blanketed?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AURealist said:

Hey.  I've seen other teams throw 3rd down passes beyond the sticks.  Maybe we should try that...?

Cause we aren’t good at first downs we like to just get it close

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why punt? Not like the game matters Gus. Just got for it.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brad_ATX said:

He had a two man route.   Those aren't hard to cover.  Where is he supposed to throw it if receivers are blanketed?

I would say look at the third or fourth option but he’s not smart enough for all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't think of a better time for a 3 and out.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Throw the ball away instead of taking stupid hits. And what a chicken play call to punt there. Gus should be thanking his lucky stars it worked out ok. We need someone with some guts

This is dumb.  He had "guts" as you put it in the LSU game and it turned out to be one of the causes of us losing that day.  It's the first freaking quarter and you've now pinned the other team inside the 5.  I'm no fan of Gus, but damn man, there's 48 minutes of game to go.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quit throwing short of the damn LOS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeek said:

Why punt? Not like the game matters Gus. Just got for it.

If you trust your defense, you punt there. If you don’t, you go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I would say look at the third or fourth option but he’s not smart enough for all of that.

Huard literally said it was a two man route.  Means we only two options out there for him on that roll out on 2nd down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUFriction said:

If you trust your defense, you punt there. If you don’t, you go for it.

Actually I see it the exact opposite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.