What is ESPN apologizing for?

LKEEL75

Just looking at the headlines and pics it looks like Carville the entitled one went on a rant against the SEC regarding LSU player being held out the first half of tonights game. Never cared for the dude; he is like the Clintons and will not go away,

Good grief.

ESPN loves selacious crap.  They're only apologizing because it was anti-bammer.  Anybody else and they're pushing for even more.

i think carville said some things that were just untrue and pretty over the top?

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

During halftime ESPN apologized for something said by guest host on pregame. What did he say?

i read his shirt said kiss my ass in french or cajun and was aimed at the sec commish and bama i believe. that is the take i got from another site.

6 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Just looking at the headlines and pics it looks like Carville the entitled one went on a rant against the SEC regarding LSU player being held out the first half of tonights game. Never cared for the dude; he is like the Clintons and will not go away,

Separate national politics from sports commentary for a sec...

Here's the meat of what Carville said right here

"Tennessee’s best defensive player couldn’t play against Alabama because of the SEC, Missouri’s best defensive player couldn’t play against Alabama because the SEC kicked him out," Carville said. "A&M’s best defensive player couldn’t play against Alabama because he was taken out.

"And now, the best defensive player in the conference is not going to play the first half for nothing, he did nothing wrong."

Carville believes that the powers in the SEC office from officials to the head of the conference itself go out of their way to help bammer with calls, suspensions or just whatever they can get away with.   I do not disagree with James Carville on this.  Do you?

On 11/3/2018 at 9:09 PM, CleCoTiger said:

Carville believes that the powers in the SEC office from officials to the head of the conference itself go out of their way to help bammer with calls, suspensions or just whatever they can get away with.   I do not disagree with James Carville on this.  Do you?

I'm in on the club. CBS called it out also with the missed targeting in the Tenn game and the punches in the Missouri game. All right in front of the refs.

During  Cam's season every horribly called game that season Skip Hicks officiated.......flash forward and every horrible review is confirmed in Birmingham......by Skip Hicks.............just sayin

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, CleCoTiger said:

Carville will definitely let you know what he thinks.....mistake by ESPN having him on a talk segment without a "bleep button".....but I expect he is not far off. 

Lately it seems that all major conferences want to protect their marquee teams from upsets or whatever...to keep them eligible for the big money playoff system. Pac 12 got caught recently with a conference official (no the replay official) overturning a play on the field that apparently was not under protest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pac-12-commissioner-says-league-will-implement-changes-third-party-officiating-mistake-172959720.html

Also this past week when it looked like Central Florida was going to get beaten by Temple, the flags came out against Temple...and by the time the game was over, Temple had 150 yards in penalties and UCF defenders could do about anything they wanted in pass defense. 

Likely the Big10 will do whatever is necessary to get Michigan in the playoffs....though maybe they won't need the help this year. 

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Carville will definitely let you know what he thinks.....mistake by ESPN having him on a talk segment without a "bleep button".....but I expect he is not far off. 

Lately it seems that all major conferences want to protect their marquee teams from upsets or whatever...to keep them eligible for the big money playoff system. Pac 12 got caught recently with a conference official (no the replay official) overturning a play on the field that apparently was not under protest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pac-12-commissioner-says-league-will-implement-changes-third-party-officiating-mistake-172959720.html

Also this past week when it looked like Central Florida was going to get beaten by Temple, the flags came out against Temple...and by the time the game was over, Temple had 150 yards in penalties and UCF defenders could do about anything they wanted in pass defense. 

Likely the Big10 will do whatever is necessary to get Michigan in the playoffs....though maybe they won't need the help this year. 

I'm a Texas fan also, and I have no issues admitting that Magino was correct years ago when they flagged KU for PI to keep a Texas drive alive to get into the BCS.Without that call Texas was done in that game.

4 hours ago, triangletiger said:

It would help if officials worked for the NCAA rather than the conferences

So that they'd be under Emmert's control instead of Steve Shaw?  What's the difference?

Yes the big names get preferential treatment from the officials (see NBA, NFL name QB's, etc.)  Doesn't change the fact that Carville is a huge jackass and a corndog.  So Devon White plays the first half.  Alabama only wins 23-0.  Big whoop.

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Yes the big names get preferential treatment from the officials (see NBA, NFL name QB's, etc.)  Doesn't change the fact that Carville is a huge jackass and a corndog.  So Devon White plays the first half.  Alabama only wins 23-0.  Big whoop.

I agree, Carville is a jackass.  However, in this case, it's nice to finally have some public figures finally saying what we've been for years now.  And it's helpful that it's not Auburn people saying it.  Randy Cross & Brian Jones both flat-out said bammer gets preferential treatment by the officials in that CBS Sportschannel roundtable video.

Nothing will ultimately come of it but it's nice to know bama-fatigue is real.

Archived