Worst offensive Line I have ever seen

The Defiant

We have potentially the most talent in defense we have had since 2007, a QB that is good enough with good ol and game plan and great skill players, but the worst Oline and offensive coaching which had made this the just disappointment of a season in my 33 years of getting an Auburn fan

I thought the offensive line played really well in pass protection. they actually picked up a few blitzes which is new for them

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

I thought the offensive line played really well in pass protection. they actually picked up a few blitzes which is new for them

IMO, best pass blocking I’ve seen all year, run blocking? Not so much 

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The problem started 6 years ago when we failed to make it a priority in recruiting. 

Could be but right now I think we have some injuries that have affected things....Driscoll and Harrell …..and playing a bunch of really young guys who are not up the SEC level yet.  …..and can't get settled on a capable center which looks like a big problem. .   

We just can’t go into another season with what we have.  Either the guys we have need some extreme coaching-up plus strength and conditioning or Gus needs to be beating the bushes for JC players and Grad Transfers.  I know A&M  has a good run defense but come on, 18 yards rushing.  In fact the only team we have run the ball on is Ole Miss and their Dline is pitiful.  Something has to give!

Can anyone answer if Boobee might have not been able to perform well due to previous injury? I am not sure how many carries he had but I don't remember anything more than 5 yds.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Can anyone answer if Boobee might have not been able to perform well due to previous injury? I am not sure how many carries he had but I don't remember anything more than 5 yds.

I’d be surprised if JW was anywhere close to 100%, which makes forcing the run with him all the more mind-numbing. 

What we showed those last 2 drives is what we need to build on moving forward. We need basically a more Pro mentality, lean on the talent of your QB and WRs and mix in the run either enough to keep the D honest, or until you bust one.

2 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

I’d be surprised if JW was anywhere close to 100%, which makes forcing the run with him all the more mind-numbing. 

What we showed those last 2 drives is what we need to build on moving forward. We need basically a more Pro mentality, lean on the talent of your QB and WRs and mix in the run either enough to keep the D honest, or until you bust one.

The last two drives were something to behold. I hope we will be having that kind of game plan for UGA to start the game.  Boobee wasn’t anywhere near 100%, yet we didn’t trust another back.  I think Shivers got in for one or two plays, carried it once for 8 yards, then on the bench.

As you say, working with the QB and WRs strengths with quick passes will help with the Oline also.  Then maybe it will open up the run.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

The last two drives were something to behold. I hope we will be having that kind of game plan for UGA to start the game.  Boobee wasn’t anywhere near 100%, yet we didn’t trust another back.  I think Shivers got in for one or two plays, carried it once for 8 yards, then on the bench.

As you say, working with the QB and WRs strengths with quick passes will help with the Oline also.  Then maybe it will open up the run.

This would be the logical thing to do, imho

4 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

The problem started 6 years ago when we failed to make it a priority in recruiting. 

We were busy giving scholarships to tight ends and wide receivers to underutilize.  

19 hours ago, The Defiant said:

Worst!

There not even close to as bad as the 1998 OL.  They were on the 6th string Center by like mid-season. 

Wow...to even have to make that comparison is a new low....thanks Gus!

FSU is worse. 

But yeah it is unreal how bad we are right now. Just wait until we play Uga and Uat. 

And the bad thing is everyone could see this coming. We have been talking about it for years in the recruiting threads. Last year was supposed to be a huge year for us because we absolutely had to have top players. Then this year... 

19 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

C'mon, you're not suggesting Gus would play an injured player are you? (Yellow font)

35 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

C'mon, you're not suggesting Gus would play an injured player are you? (Yellow font)

The medical staff will not let “injured” players play.  It’s not a coach’s choice if they are healthy enough to play or not.  

Be careful what opinion you post on here certain thought police/Nazis (Mr Bad example etc) will start calling you names or worse.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

The medical staff will not let “injured” players play.  It’s not a coach’s choice if they are healthy enough to play or not.  

Is it a coaches responsibility to know his personnel well enough to know a 50%, 60% or 70% JW is not as effective as a 100% Shivers?  Can a coach hold a player out if that coach believes the player may be endangering his health even though the medical staff ok’s the player to play?  Is it the medical staff’s responsibility to manage the roster or is it the coach’s responsibility?  

Your statement sounds like a coach takes no responsibility about hurt players, when he should be the one making decision.  It’s the coaches responsibility to get the best player on the field to win the game, which includes evaluating the players that are hurt.

Archived