Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Gus wasn’t leaving anyway. 

If he lost this game he was done. This is the game he could not afford lose. But whatever it is a moot point now.

I have to give the team credit on this one.  Halfway through third quarter I thought they had no chance but they never quit.  That last 5 minutes they actually looked like what we expected to see all season.  Great win!  

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah it is not happening NOW. This is the game he could not afford to lose. All the people who despise Malzahn? It is just that. THE COACH. Not the players. The players are great. This is not their fault. There is a huge difference. I have not seen 1 Malzahn hater like myself bash the kids.  Now we just kicked the can down the road till next season where there is nowhere to hide anymore when we lose a lot of talent and he has nowhere to hide. I was excited to rip the band aid off this year and get it over with. But that is not happening anymore. War Damn always. But frick Malzahn.

you are not celebrating a hard fought win from our kids when you are still bashing the effort and mad because gus will probably still be here. you can make all the excuses you want.

What a hell of a great and much needed win! Can put aside my negative feelings for Gus and enjoy this one. Proud of this team for a great comeback victory! Least we get a sort of decent bowl now.

AU people pulling against AU.....kinda sad ...JMO

That game is the epitome of the classic definition of “snatching victory from the jaws of defeat “! 

Proud for the players—they gave incredible effort to win it!

Just now, wareagleguy said:

That game is the epitome of the classic definition of “snatching victory from the jaws of defeat “! 

Proud for the players—they gave incredible effort to win it!

Yep...and a heart breaker for Jimbo......LOVE IT     😀

1 minute ago, musicitytiger said:

I leave to go hunting and this happens? Guess I gotta hunt for the rest of the season:-)

I’ll send you all the ammo you need. Tell me what you’re shooting, and an address.

Stay. In. The. Woods!

Just now, aubiefifty said:

you are not celebrating a hard fought win from our kids when you are still bashing the effort and mad because gus will probably still be here. you can make all the excuses you want.

It is a short term gain but with long term consequences for the program. If you cared about the players like you say you would wish that the guy who continually wastes tons of talent each year and does not get the most out of are players is gone. That is a disservice to the players. Anyways I am out. I will let you celebrate in peace. SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM FIFTY!!!!! lol. War Eagle Brother.

8 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Richt has to win games in a terrible east division. Malzahn has to play real teams every year. Huge difference.

I agree the east isn’t as strong as the west but he was there when Fulmer, spurrier, and Meyer were in the east. Not exactly a cakewalk. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

AU people pulling against AU.....kinda sad ...JMO

Agreed. I’m always proud to have guys like Deshaun Davis represent our school. This team has had its struggles, but there are a ton of high character kids on the roster, and I will never pull against our players . 

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is why I cannot be happy. This dude survives another year. He seriously is like a damn cat. I am just sick of Gus. I want off this ride. This dude is killing our program and he will be back for year 7............

Gus' career will be made by how he responds in the next game. If he doesn't come into Georgia with an all out air raid, he'll just never be able to get it. It's obvious how we win, even more than it has been all season. We have to drop Stidham back and attack with Williams, Slayton, Sal and Davis. 

for like 65% of that game, I couldnt believe what I was seeing. Running game was disgusting along with the run blocking, defense was getting charbroiled, punting was meh, A&M was whooping our ass with two plays and Stidham + the receivers might as well not showed up 

but for that other 35% (e.g the one scoring drive before the 4th and the qtr itself)...this is the Auburn we were hoping to see. Bend dont break, get edge pressure regardless and air the ******* ball out, you have all the receiver talent in the world. Beautiful display once it all came together, really gives me hope against a beatable UGA squad. 

Fans were THIS close to leaving en masse, and I dont just meant this one game. This one right here held the program together 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you cared about the players like you say you would wish that the guy who continually wastes tons of talent each year and does not get the most out of are players is gone. That is a disservice to the players.

Tell me with a straight face that beating A&M was a disservice to a senior like Deshaun Davis. You can’t.

Just now, tbone1430 said:

I agree the east isn’t as strong as the west but he was there when Fulmer, spurrier, and Meyer were in the east. Not exactly a cakewalk. 

All of whom are gone....Richt was the last of the Mohicans over there...East still has a way to go to have more than a couple respectable teams.  

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is a short term gain but with long term consequences for the program. If you cared about the players like you say you would wish that the guy who continually wastes tons of talent each year and does not get the most out of are players is gone. That is a disservice to the players. Anyways I am out. I will let you celebrate in peace. SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM FIFTY!!!!! lol. War Eagle Brother.

I doubt this win has any bearing on his job security, one way or the other. JMO.

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We stopped running the ball on first down. It puts us behind every time. Lucky for us we did not have a lot of Clock left so we had to pass.

Can’t disagree, but somebody saw what we were doing wasn’t working and changed.  The physiology had been run til the end of the game similar to 2017 LSU.  I know Boobee was hurt and their run D is stout, but we plodded along for 55 minutes (same philosophy as previous) with the meerkat and no time for Stid to throw.  The last 5 minutes or so was what we all wanted to see from the Washington on.

Archived