Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Richt has to win games in a terrible east division. Malzahn has to play real teams every year. Huge difference.

Didn't Richt have to play us? What was his record?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is a short term gain but with long term consequences for the program. If you cared about the players like you say you would wish that the guy who continually wastes tons of talent each year and does not get the most out of are players is gone. That is a disservice to the players. Anyways I am out. I will let you celebrate in peace. SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM FIFTY!!!!! lol. War Eagle Brother.

let me make it easy for you. i will never ever pull against the kids if they lost every game they play. auburn is my heart and it goes way beyond wins and losses. any FOOL knows people want the best record their team can achieve. but  throwing this years team under the bus because you want another coach is not fair to the kids. period. i will ignore your next excuses so save your fingers......

1) Happy for our boys

2) Super glad for the win and sticking it to Jimbo who could 

3) This win should have little to do with Gus being retained if Greene & our brass are truly committed to championships. We have 5.75 years of Gus "results" and our                         current trajectory to use making a decision.  

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Tell me with a straight face that beating A&M was a disservice to a senior like Deshaun Davis. You can’t.

Got some strange people out there.....

As for the running game.....the OL did not help but wondering if any of the RBs were fully healthy.     

For better or worse, the game plan looked to be....just try and go outside....think the coaches knew that AU's OL would not be able to handle the aggies front.    Sure wish JS had just a little bit of speed, or desire to take off with the ball...there were times when he could have gotten some yardage and given TAMU something to think about...  We are really a one dimension team.

7 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

I’ll send you all the ammo you need. Tell me what you’re shooting, and an address.

Stay. In. The. Woods!

Slow going so I might not need much ammo:-) hunting early rut up here in TN

I want to watch the replay of this game when it comes on. Kudos to the team & coaching staff for figuring out and finding a way to win the game. Come on UK beat the muts big time. I want to go to Athens and pull out a win. This team can do this if they play like they did at times today.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I doubt this win has any bearing on his job security, one way or the other. JMO.

It didn’t seal his fate, sure. It’s preposterous to pay a 32 million dollar buyout when it’s not necessarily required though. Like I said last week, each win going forward should make the buyout less and less appealing. 

43 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Same here. I said it was over . I will take mine well done lol.

I had officially removed my Auburn half-zip for the remainder of the day.

Blackened crow for me please.

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep...and a heart breaker for Jimbo......LOVE IT     😀

Yep a little redemption but of course the stakes were the highest in the other game.  It was fun in the 4th quarter regardless. I also get to rub it in on my Aggie co workers. 

3 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

if he goes down to Georgia  and Tuscaloosa and gets hammered, surely he's gone, right?

Seriously doubt it. I have no connections to the AD, but 7-5 (possibly 8-5 or 7-6 with the bowl) looks significantly better than 6-6. Especially when you're discussing the $$$ for buyout. 

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

All of whom are gone....Richt was the last of the Mohicans over there...East still has a way to go to have more than a couple respectable teams.  

I’m just making a point that someone said malzahn is our richt which I’m saying at least richt could sustain multiple years of success by getting multiple 10 win seasons and win the east many times and beat us and their other rivals. Just saying richt>Malzahn. 

Good win and WDE!

Regardless of whether we want or not (I've been calling for the axe) this win guarantees Gus stays. Barring getting skull-drug in BOTH Athens and T-Town. He might even be safe then.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I keep hope that this staff will see what worked in the last 6 minutes, and then build on that. Time to pull for UK and LSU. 

I think UK has the best chance for winning vs. LSU. I will pull for LSU though.

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. I’m always proud to have guys like Deshaun Davis represent our school. This team has had its struggles, but there are a ton of high character kids on the roster, and I will never pull against our players . 

Yep....and these kids came to AU because of Gus, Chip and other coaches and I bet very few would be happy to see them gone....A coaching change would mean they would have to start over with new coaches and maybe new philosophy of the game and might find they don't fit the new plan.   I've seen some pretty inept coaches get fired....and their players crying and transferring.   

38 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You must've missed quite a few posts. According to most on this board the players have given up, our QB is dumb and Gus has lost the team. 

Whatever the obvious problems are this season.....today the team figured out a way to win and I'm happy for them and the coaches. I will never hope for a loss for my Tigers. I just can't do it.

Who is hoping for a loss by AU? I have not seen anything like that here.

3 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I’m just making a point that someone said malzahn is our richt which I’m saying at least richt could sustain multiple years of success by getting multiple 10 win seasons and win the east many times and beat us and their other rivals. Just saying richt>Malzahn. 

OK...misunderstood.....and don't think I agree with you...but what the heck....

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It didn’t seal his fate, sure. It’s preposterous to pay a 32 million dollar buyout when it’s not necessarily required though. Like I said last week, each win going forward should make the buyout less and less appealing. 

Lets see how we fare aginst UGA UAT and a bowl opponent before we get too carried away with GUS FOREVER.

Beat a team Auburn is supposed to beat. Not knocking that feat, because it hasn’t happened consistently enough recently, so War Damn to that progress!

I understand the frustrations of the “Fire Gus” faction, but I can’t get upset over a win, especially with the fact the 32 mil buyout was probably a pipe dream for this season anyway.

As for the “Gus Bus Sunshine Association,” I would say that pulling for the boys and supporting the coaching staff can be mutually exclusive events. A good many sunshine pumpers have been telling people how to act after losses, so I suggest they maybe just continue their sunshine pumping and not do the same after wins, it appears as quite a self-serving exercise.

As for the AUBURN FAMILY, it’s always a great day to walk out of Jordan-Hare after a win and it really sets the tone for the weekend mood. Today, I’m happy. WDE!

Looks the offensive line play very well in pass protection but not very impressive with run-blocking. This seems to be a consistent problem. 

Archived