Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Looks like now pensive line play very well in pass protection but not very impressive with run-blocking. This seems to be consistent problem

Yeah but statistically A&M had the best run defense in the SEC. 

We weren't ever going to be able to run on them. I'm just glad we figured out what we needed to do in the last 10 minutes. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again Jarrett looked decent in the fourth. He had a near Sean White type performance. Need that type play more often. We have to run the ball though, and since we still aren’t successful at that I don’t see us being successful this year at it.

After thinking about the win, I realize why I have been thinking Auburn just stole something and I feel good about it.  It’s the first time I can remember, in at least 4 years, that Gus actually ADJUSTED HIS GAME PLAN. Now this is a little self serving as my man crush was CCL.  The reason I chose CCL was in the hope he could influence Gus in doing adjustments during a game.

I think Gus had an epiphany. As Jimmy Buffet says in “I will play for gumbo”. It’s a little like religion and a lot like sex, you should never know when gonna get it next.  

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Looks like now pensive line play very well in pass protection but not very impressive with run-blocking. This seems to be consistent problem

TAMU also has one of the top run defenses in the country. 

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Looks the offensive line play very well in pass protection but not very impressive with run-blocking. This seems to be a consistent problem. 

The thing that impressed me about the last two drives is the play calling.  It mitigated the bad O-Line play by hitting quick passes with no play action.  Those passes came out quick. T A&M did not have a good secondary and we took advantage. Now can we pick apart UGA next week?  Hope so.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The thing that impressed me about the last two drives is the play calling.  It mitigated the bad O-Line play by hitting quick passes with no play action.  Those passes came out quick. T A&M did not have a good secondary and we took advantage. Now can we pick apart UGA next week?  Hope so.

Glad the coaches discovered short passes would work but what took so long??

25 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Who is hoping for a loss by AU? I have not seen anything like that here.

You just missed the posts....or maybe they got deleted.

25 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Beat a team Auburn is supposed to beat. Not knocking that feat, because it hasn’t happened consistently enough recently, so War Damn to that progress!

I understand the frustrations of the “Fire Gus” faction, but I can’t get upset over a win, especially with the fact the 32 mil buyout was probably a pipe dream for this season anyway.

As for the “Gus Bus Sunshine Association,” I would say that pulling for the boys and supporting the coaching staff can be mutually exclusive events. A good many sunshine pumpers have been telling people how to act after losses, so I suggest they maybe just continue their sunshine pumping and not do the same after wins, it appears as quite a self-serving exercise.

As for the AUBURN FAMILY, it’s always a great day to walk out of Jordan-Hare after a win and it really sets the tone for the weekend mood. Today, I’m happy. WDE!

There's been plenty of that going around on both sides. But being happy about a gutsy comeback win does not make people sunshine posters. Having said that...there should be room for fans of all opinions here without the belittlement and name calling and and the inexcusable nastiness towards certain players that keeps popping up here. 

If you’re upset about winning because you want Gus to lose to get him out, you ain’t a real fan. Don’t care if you’ve been a fan for 30 years, went to AU, and donate. Support the team, not the coach. 

As someone else said. I think it’s time to “pass first” to set up the run at this point. I think that’s our only hope. Great win by the players so proud of them. 

My head told me the best thing for Auburn is to move on from Gus and the best way for that to happen was to lose today.

But my heart can't actually pull for Auburn to ever lose.

56 minutes ago, shabby said:

Looks the offensive line play very well in pass protection but not very impressive with run-blocking. This seems to be a consistent problem. 

Does anyone know what the line was for the last two drives?

I'm obviously one of the conflicted fans.  I never pull against Auburn but I want Gus gone. 

With that said, one particular thing I really, really, really, really, infinity enjoy is that the great Jimbo Fisher has to go back home to Texas with the knowledge that he just lost to coach Gus freakin Malzahn.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

19 yards rushing - wow

Those turnovers were very vital today. 

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

19 yards rushing - wow

Turnovers......AU -0    TAMU -2

Otherwise there is not much in that stat chart that looks like an Auburn win.  

Stat's post game tomorrow should be interesting....

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Does anyone know what the line was for the last two drives?

8 plays for 71 yards and a TD

2 plays for 58 yards and a TD

Auburn shocks No. 20 Texas A&M

9 minutes ago

Associated Press

Stidham hits Williams on a dime to take late lead

Texas A&M's scoring threat stalls with INT

Williams scores 3rd TD of the day for Texas A&M

AUBURN, Ala. -- Seth Williams caught an 11-yard touchdown pass from Jarrett Stidham with 1:41 left and Auburn rallied to beat No. 25 Texas A&M 28-24 on Saturday.

The Tigers (6-3, 3-3 Southeastern Conference) sputtered early on offense but finished with a 14-point outburst over the final 5:14 and the defense came up with big stops. Stidham delivered big on both final drives.

Kellen Mond and the Aggies (5-4, 3-3) pushed the ball into Auburn territory on their final drive, converting a fourth-and-5. Then a holding call pushed them back across midfield and Mond's desperation pass into the end zone was incomplete.

Officials put one second back on the clock but Mond was sacked by Nick Coe on the final play.

The Tigers, who had plummeted from a No. 8 ranking, had trailed 24-14 before staging the rally.

Stidham started the final drive with a 47-yard pass to Ryan Davis, who spun away from defenders and raced downfield. Then came Williams' second touchdown catch in the back left corner of the end zone.

Auburn had gotten new life with an interception by Noah Igbinoghene. Stidham led the Tigers down the field and completed two straight sideline passes to Darius Slayton to set up Chandler Cox's 1-yard touchdown run, making it 24-21.

The defense held again and Christian Tutt returned a punt to the 42.

Stidham completed 18 of 29 passes for 239 yards. Darius Slayton had eight catches for 107 yards.

Auburn won despite running for just 19 yards on 21 carries. It was the fewest since gaining 18 against Mississippi State in 2000.

Trayveon Williams ran for 107 yards and two touchdowns for Texas A&M. He caught five passes for 75 yards and a third score.

THE TAKEAWAY

Texas A&M: Didn't complete a pass until the final play of the first quarter, with Auburn unable to stop the run. Dropped its second straight game.

Auburn: Fought back to avoid a tough loss. The Tigers' running game still isn't producing, netting minus 14 yards in the first quarter. Leading rusher JaTarvious Whitlow is nursing an unspecified injury and had onluy eight carries.

UP NEXT

Auburn visits No. 6 Georgia after upsetting the Bulldogs last season before losing to them in the SEC championship game.

Texas A&M hosts Mississippi to start a closing three-game home stand.

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

we had no business winning this game, but i'll take it, even if it saved the idiot savants job

And it will take quite a few more of these to come close to matching the games we lost that had no business losing. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And it will take quite a few more of these to come close to matching the games we lost that had no business losing. 

Yep.....and right to the end of this one I was expecting to see a  phantom pass interference call at the goal line on one of  those last couple passes from Mond. 

Archived