Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Coach Dye is still alive

If he wants to win for cheaper than 32 mil, he better get on board. The dude can’t even find his pants. Why do I care?

Just now, aujeff11 said:

If he wants to win for cheaper than 32 mil, he better get on board. The dude can’t even find his pants. Why do I care?

Lol yeah he’s on a local radio show here every week and it’s hard to follow him sometimes. But hey let’s juat get the band back together...Dye, Hall, Sullivan, Blakeny...

11 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

So who do y’all want to be the next coach?.....

Bill “The Chin” Cower of course 😁

Lol yeah he’s on a local radio show here every week and it’s hard to follow him sometimes. But hey let’s juat get the band back together...Dye, Hall, Sullivan, Blakeny...

THATS RIGHT!!! Larry Blakeny is not the troy coach anymore! I like the way you think. It would be hilarious to see georiga fans on big recruiting weekends complain even more about Pat Dyes cabin when we get a guy they were after! lol

I don’t know. Gwills suggestion of Brother Bill doesn’t so bad after all.

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am a big Jimbo guy. Wanted him badly in 08 to be our coach when he was just the FSU OC and coach in waiting. Was crushed when it did not happen. He pulled a Kyle Shanahan today. I have absolutely no idea wtf that was by him. Truly embarrassing. Probaly his worst game he has coached I have seen and I have not seen them all but a lot. No defending him on this one.

I know you are and I'm not digging at any Jimbo fans.  In general he's certainly better than Gus....well, not today though...  I just feel there's better options than him out there.  JMHO

36 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I found them. Bottom of the lake.

10 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

Yep, with quick Baylor passes.

Exactly . Call up Art. Run game is non existent .

5 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I keep hope that this staff Gus will see what worked in the last 6 minutes, and then build on that. Time to pull for UK and LSU. 

Fixed it.   Don’t hold Your breath.

3 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Odds of this happening?

Nothing to lose . Might as well go Steve spurrier 2014 on them .

Just now, DAG said:

Nothing to lose . Might as well go Steve spurrier 2014 on them .

I agree. Just think i'll mess my pants if this actually happens.

In Florida panhandle working storm recovery for ma bell. How the heck did we win that one? Hope douchenozzle still gets fired. Oh well war damn eagle

7 minutes ago, jptiger said:

In Florida panhandle working storm recovery for ma bell. How the heck did we win that one? Hope douchenozzle still gets fired. Oh well war damn eagle

The only way that would happen is if both Georgia and Alabama beat us like Clemson did to Louisville today. He’s coming back next year. The only question is what the threshold would be for him to stay a year after that—could he scrape by on 8-5 this year and next?

The two things that stuck out to me the most. When we blitz it’s a completely different game. Nice to see the front four finally get pressure when it mattered.

We’re built to be an air raid or pro style offense this year. If we accepted that in the summer we’re likely undefeated heading into the Georgia game.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, as far as defending him, Gus actually adjusted his game plan in the last 7 mins or so and he didn’t see that coming.  In fact most of the board didn’t see that coming.  I’m sure Jimbo was shocked and didn’t know how to adjust himself.

I'm pretty sure Gus was in a "Jesus, take the wheel" situation there.

1 hour ago, doug3020 said:

Odds of this happening?

We don’t have any other choice 

It couldn't have been a better day weather-wise at Auburn. A perfect face-value, toss-up football game. Season was not in the balance. I can see why the tv viewer could take this win and still be down and out. And saw why the folks at the stadium loved it. It was one of those games. Honestly a relief: we're either on-edge making a run at the SEC, or in the dumps. This was a 'tweener. I loved it.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

5 wide against UGA please lol.

For a Qb Draw by Stidham?😁

seriously though I just got home and couldn’t be prouder of this team.  Say what you will about the first 3.5 qtrs.  It was ugly,  the play calling was lazy, special teams made some incredibly bone headed plays, the defense kept giving up the same screen pass on 3rd and long to their Rb buttttttt this team had more guts than Jimbos boys.  More guts and pride than our fans for sure.  To all the people that gave up on this team with 8 minutes to go I hope you are kicking yourself now for missing that finish.  The fans that did stick around got behind the team and it was a great atmosphere.  Great to beat Jimbo too

Honest evaluation first Half D  did not play that well and only real offense was trick play with Davis throwing to Canella. Got to give coaching staff credit for that play. Like most teams lately on that TD it initially looked to be the Ryan Davis Screen pass that most team have started to come up hard on to stuff it. We took advantage of that. Then we went back into our shell run on 1st down and get behind on the chains. Run Blocking was atrocious in first half but on the whole O-Line did a decent job of pass blocking but we didn't throw quick passes and Stidham would not throw to a receiver that was not wide open.

Second half starts and the A&M running game gashes our D again and to be honest I thought this looks like it could turn into a blowout. Then our D stiffened but our O got worse. A&M was getting great Field position on either side of the 50 over and over again. D kept us in the game.  Then we had the interception in the 4th Quarter. We started to hit quick passes and Stidham even threw balls to receivers who were covered and Slayton went up and beat the DB's. O-Line and backs were giving him time even when they blitzed.  Slayton's catch and Stidham's throw to the one was pretty. I loved letting Cox get a full head of steam and hit the goal line with nasty intent. TD and we were back in the game only down 3. D holds we force a punt and the run back was a well designed play.  That had potential for even bigger gain except two blockers one on the right and one on the left both ran past the tackler without  trying to hit him but still great field position. Ryan takes it to the 11 on a quick pass and a great run then the TD to Williams.  Then D finishes it off.

I was still am somewhat of a Sunshine Pumper but I got off the Gus bus a while back as it was infuriating in how he would not adjust his game plan. The O-Line throughout the day did a horrible job of run blocking but even before the comeback I had told my son they were doing a darn good job of pass blocking because they were always pass blocking on 3rd and long giving the advantage to the D.  I also kept telling my son that we needed to open up the O and pass a lot more. We finally did it when it was almost to late. I wish we had done it because of a change in coaching philosophy but I fear it was only because we had to being down with so little time left.

Bye week helped D as they were stronger at the end than A&M, it also helped the O-Line in Pass blocking  as the coordination between backs and O-line on Blitz's was much improved. I also noticed some changes in O-Line Kim and Troxell playing. Troxell at Guard and Kim at Center. We had a few breakdowns in pass blocking as Driscoll got burned once, Prince Got burned once and Kim got burned once but on the whole it was pretty good.

While I don't think it will happen maybe Gus will allow us to take advantage of our very good receivers and use the pass in all its forms quick slants quick crossing routes, Passing to the backs and TE's. Once that is working and LB's can't crowd the line of Scrimmage then try to run some to keep D honest.

My prediction was that we would win the game in a close game but that it also had the potential to be a blowout and if it was it would be Auburn who would get blown out for a while today  I really thought we would get blown out. I have to give credit to players for not giving up and while I can't give Gus credit for out Offensive play calling I will give him credit in that his players have never quit and always play hard for him.

If coaches learned from this game we have a chance against Ga next week. If they go back to the Offense we ran for most of the game it will be ugly.  My sunshine pumping nature tells me we have a chance against Ga.

So War Eagle for the win and hear is hoping this gives team some confidence and momentum and we fool everybody and beat Georgia next week.

Archived