Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

27 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So you shouldn’t be scolding those that showed up no matter when they left. Nuff said.

That's a douche thing to say.

1)  This guy was sick.  One's health is a lot more important than attending a football game.

2)  Unless I missed something, he wasn't scolding anyone.  He was merely asking if someone had any anecdotes about people trying to get back in during the comeback or gauge how many left early.  Heck man, I'm curious about it too.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, JS has always struggled if pressured, even last year.  However last year's Oline was/is much different than what we are seeing this year, hence the perceived regression.

I truly think JS is more worried about the rush of the Dline, than he is completing a good pass.  To be fair, I don't really blame him if that is the case.  

Again, this is only my opinion... it may or may not be what you think or what is reality.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, sevenlee36 said:

Game Ball goes to the defense!!!!!!! Thank You!

Run game is trash not sure it’s possible to fix.

How about Iron man football like in Necessary Roughness? Let Brown, Davidson and Russell play o-line and d-line.

So I believe most of the AU fans view this as a bitter-sweet win. I , like many others thought the game was over with 7 minutes and change left and we're down by 10. The offense has given us no reason to think differently the whole season, as well as during the game Saturday. The players rose up and proved me and a lot of others on this site wrong and won the game. Congrats to them sincerely for doing so!!! I am always glad when AU wins. But I view this as a pyrrhic victory if we lose to UGA and Bama as expected. I think the players winning this game in this fashion was just enough to save Gus' job. I don't think the ptb's would justify firing him with at least a 7-5 reg. season. I think 6-6 would have been enough to put him on the road.

On the bright side of things, the rumor that Gus would consider hiring his good friend Hugh Freeze is growing legs and becoming more of a possibility. If and only if Gus would make this hire and let HF run the offense with no interference, we would have a chance to be a special offense next year with the talent we have now and the talent that is coming in. This could also help us get a few recruits that we will not have gotten otherwise. If he hires HF and interferes with the offense like he has with CL the last 2 years, it will be the same old frustrating 2019 season.

Ecstatic about beating a ranked team. I am so glad our seniors were able to walk off of JHS in their last SEC home game with a thrilling win. They deserved it.

Pissed as hell our coach has graduated from taking 3 games to figure out his team to taking 3 months to figure out his team.

Even then, it's no guarantee we won't just run the same plays we always try to next week. Although, I do think we have been hiding stuff for our next 2 games like last year and in the process we dropped multiple games leading up to our unveiling of the entire offense (like last year). This type of strategy is inexcusable. I don't care if you're setting up our 2 main rivals to scout our tendencies and then break them unexpectedly. If we lose multiple games in the process it's a major negative.

I hate that we refused to attack the middle of the field despite TAMU begging us to do so. We only did it when the game was about to lost. That is also inexcusable!!! Why are we not using the entire field when it's clear we have plays to take what the defense is giving us. Gus is going to make me jump out the window with this. The frustrating thing about a win like this is knowing that our coach has the ability to not be a failure within him but personally opts to decrease his chances of winning a game on a consistent basis.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's a douche thing to say.

1)  This guy was sick.  One's health is a lot more important than attending a football game.

2)  Unless I missed something, he wasn't scolding anyone.  He was merely asking if someone had any anecdotes about people trying to get back in during the comeback or gauge how many left early.  Heck man, I'm curious about it too.

Might be but I’ve already heard from others on here bemoaning folks that left early. No place for it. 

Archived