Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

That punt return was clutch too. Put the team in almost field goal range which likely took some pressure off Stid.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

and what 7.75 games to figure out our best chances of winning football is to put the game in the hands of your QB, and elite talented receivers.

The defense was playing soft and the situation dictated pass. Y’all are completely over thinking this. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

That punt return was clutch too. Put the team in almost field goal range which likely took some pressure off Stid.

& could’ve easily been 6 if he cuts back instead of that spin move 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So how did we move the ball at the end? 4 wr set, throwing downfield, using tempo. Huh funny that 

This was interesting to me too.  After Iggy’s INT we went hurry up with little to no meerkat and drove right down the field.  Next possession was a 3 (4) play drive with the same MO. Caught Jimbo flat footed. We went from run first to throw first.  Somewhere along the line our philosophy changed (maybe back against the wall).  Glad to see it.  Looking forward to next week.   I haven’t said that in a while.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

If you're that thin skinned maybe the internet is not for you. Personally I'm enjoying the win, but my enthusiasm is somewhat tainted by the fact it took spring, fall camp, and what 7.75 games to figure out our best chances of winning football is to put the game in the hands of your QB, and elite talented receivers.

not thin skinned at all. you people keep bitching about something that probably will not change this year. there is a time and a place. we stood up at the ned with little hope,left and you and your ilk still bash our kids. lecture me when you learn some class.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

The defense was playing soft and the situation dictated pass. Y’all are completely over thinking this. 

That is quite true, but my point remains the same

1 minute ago, kwagoner said:

I don’t know..... Iggy sparked them all.

Iggy gets my vote. That play turned the game around and energized Auburn.  If aTm had scored again I'm pretty sure we'd be very unhappy right now with the outcome.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The punt return formation was useful. Too! It’s amazing that criticism can be dished out at the staff, but not some praise.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

This was interesting to me too.  After Iggy’s INT we went hurry up with little to no meerkat and drove right down the field.  Next possession was a 3 (4) play drive with the same MO. Caught Jimbo flat footed. We went from run first to throw first.  Somewhere along the line our philosophy changed (maybe back against the wall).  Glad to see it.  Looking forward to next week.   I haven’t said that in a while.

Hopefully, we build on this

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yes and no. You are correct if they were playing prevent defense. But goodness stop running the ball on first down every time.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is why I cannot be happy. This dude survives another year. He seriously is like a damn cat. I am just sick of Gus. I want off this ride. This dude is killing our program and he will be back for year 7............

Gus wasn’t leaving anyway. 

We need to become an air raid team the rest of the season and run when we only have to. I hope Gus will keep this type of offense for the remaining games on our schedule. This was a big quality win for us today and one that is restoring my faith a bit.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

not thin skinned at all. you people keep bitching about something that probably will not change this year. there is a time and a place. we stood up at the ned with little hope,left and you and your ilk still bash our kids. lecture me when you learn some class.

Dude you have me mistaken. I've not bashed out kids. GUS Malzahn is a different story however. And, don't presume to lecture me about class sir.

16 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

I won't enjoy anything until Gus is fired. 

15 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

This will just be like Richt. He will drag this team down for the next decade. 

Hello Harvey!  When did you come back to Auburn?? Hope you left the spikes at home 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We stopped running the ball on first down. It puts us behind every time. Lucky for us we did not have a lot of Clock left so we had to pass.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

Yah it is not happening NOW. This is the game he could not afford to lose. All the people who despise Malzahn? It is just that. THE COACH. Not the players. The players are great. This is not their fault. There is a huge difference. I have not seen 1 Malzahn hater like myself bash the kids.  Now we just kicked the can down the road till next season where there is nowhere to hide anymore when we lose a lot of talent and he has nowhere to hide. I was excited to rip the band aid off this year and get it over with. But that is not happening anymore. War Damn always. But frick Malzahn.

8 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

At least richt could string together multiple 10 win seasons and beat rivals... 

Richt has to win games in a terrible east division. Malzahn has to play real teams every year. Huge difference.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The 2014 aTm game was my first game to attend in person in over 20 years. I feel like the pall I cast on the program by attending that game has now been lifted. You’re welcome.

Classy of ESPN to play clips of both that game and the 2013 BCSNC today.

Ugliest Auburn win since 3-2 in 2008 against MSU. The win sucks cause it takes some heat off of Gus (he was still outcoached), but it's good because it gets us out of the B-Ham bowl. 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Premature closing of the conversation.....looks like the game is still going...

Mods must have been sitting on the "end thread" button.

Just now, doc4aday said:

We need to become an air raid team the rest of the season and run when we only have to. I hope Gus will keep this type of offense for the remaining games on our schedule. This was a big quality win for us today and one that is restoring my faith a bit.

I'm still leery......but I am very pleased that Auburn was able to fight back and make the plays when they needed to. UGA and bammer are in a different class than aTm.

Archived