Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm obviously one of the conflicted fans.  I never pull against Auburn but I want Gus gone. 

With that said, one particular thing I really, really, really, really, infinity enjoy is that the great Jimbo Fisher has to go back home to Texas with the knowledge that he just lost to coach Gus freakin Malzahn.

tenor.gif

It had to be sweet for Gus to win that way against Jimbo. I was getting that 2013 feeling again when we went ahead and left them as much time as we did. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep.....and right to the end of this one I was expecting to see a  phantom pass interference call at the goal line on one of  those last couple passes from Mond. 

My thoughts too. I had to work but I'm looking and only kept up occasionally. Looking forward to watching the 4th qtr when I get home. 

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Who is hoping for a loss by AU? I have not seen anything like that here.

Then you are not paying attention.   It may not be a direct statement, but it is there

Just now, gr82be said:

My thoughts too. I had to work but I'm looking and only kept up occasionally. Looking forward to watching the 4th qtr when I get home. 

Start about 6 or 7 minutes into it.....well if you watch from the start of the half you will be even more amazed by the outcome.   The rally truly came out of nowhere.... Enjoy....😀 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It had to be sweet for Gus to win that way against Jimbo. I was getting that 2013 feeling again when we went ahead and left them as much time as we did. 

Not really concerned with how Gus feels (sorry if that's ugly) but I'm one who's stated that I feel Jimbo is very overrated.  So, I just personally got a kick out of him losing to the high school coach.

I'm not proud of myself....

tenor (1).gif

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Then you are not paying attention.   It may not be a direct statement, but it is there

Sorry but I don't spend every waking hour here 😐

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Not really concerned with how Gus feels (sorry if that's ugly) but I'm one who's stated that I feel Jimbo is very overrated.  So, I just personally got a kick out of him losing to the high school coach.

tenor (1).gif

its hard to have compassion for a guy making that kind of money for doing a bad job and will be paid an 8 figure settlement if he is fired

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

tenor (1).gif

It's not ugly at all. I'm done with him too but I was just meaning from his perspective. 

I haven’t changed my mind about Gus at all but I can still enjoy a win like this. I was whoopin and hollerin when we were making the comeback. I just want to see Auburn win. I’m still enjoying this one and it is nice to beat Jimbo. 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I think UK has the best chance for winning vs. LSU. I will pull for LSU though.

I thought UK would fare better than they are. I honestly think LSU will get blown out. Watching the UK running back reminds me of how KJ ran. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I thought UK would fare better than they are. I honestly think LSU will get blown out. Watching the UK running back reminds me of how KJ ran. 

I'm sitting here just hoping we'll keep UGA even that close. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he lost this game he was done. This is the game he could not afford lose. But whatever it is a moot point now.

No. With his buyout, it would have taken Gus losing the team. He hasn’t lost the team.  Greene said something to that effect in an interview 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Those posts were on here TODAY.....and here you are.🙄

I did not see them I have other things going on in life.

A&M had more first downs than Auburn had rushing yards, and we still found a way to win the game!

WDE

Aggie fans at the game were a class act as usual! Safe travels back home to Texas, to all of you. BTW - Your band is awesome!

That was how we do it!! Our young men really stepped it up. Huge int by Noah started things!! That o line finally got into a groove, our qb was on time with his throws and our recievers faught for the ball. Execution is the name of the game folks and when we execute there is no team that can stop us! Looks like ole Gus took over play calling from Chip, who id in way over his head as OC,  and TEMPO was on point. CGM needs to move on from these up and coming coaches and hire an experienced OC like he did with Muschamp and K Steele.  Very good win, especially qhen very few believed! Our young men believe in CGM even though most fans don't.

Just as I called it, "close game, Gus would be outcoached and the outcome would be a coin toss".   

I should be hired for something at Auburn.

Great win for the players!!!    We have no OL and no help is waiting in the wings or signing with Auburn (as it stands today).  I bet we didn't rush for 50 yds.

My early Christmas wishlist:

1.  please play the players who need to be developed.   And start with Asa.  This will help us earn some credibility with RB recruits.  This crap about being in the doghouse is petty - and stifles development. 

2.  Give Shivers some more carries - he has Flat out earned them!!   

3.  Develop a QB for Spring Ball - ANY OF THEM.

4.  Remind Coach that Schwartz is the fastest player in 'football'.  Him running downfield, just might be a mismatch.  Kind of a hunch...maybe.

5.  Well....can we get Hugh Freeze as OC and Gus a frontal labotomy, or is that two wishes?

11 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

That was how we do it!! Our young men really stepped it up. Huge int by Noah started things!! That o line finally got into a groove, our qb was on time with his throws and our recievers faught for the ball. Execution is the name of the game folks and when we execute there is no team that can stop us! Looks like ole Gus took over play calling from Chip, who id in way over his head as OC,  and TEMPO was on point. CGM needs to move on from these up and coming coaches and hire an experienced OC like he did with Muschamp and K Steele.  Very good win, especially qhen very few believed! Our young men believe in CGM even though most fans don't.

If you follow the various discussions here you will find 100+ reasons why the fans have jumped off the Gus Bus. Obviously we are glad he has not lost the team.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

If you follow the various discussions here you will find 100+ reasons why the fans have jumped off the Gus Bus. Obviously we are glad he has not lost the team.

Well said 

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Heres the thing, I think for myself. Most here jump on the bandwagon, especially if a moderator or someone with tenure says it. But just like in recruiting, they are wrong half the time. 

I make my own observations, just like about CGC, I was with him until it became evident on the field when the plyers gave up on him. If the players, AD and coaches haven't given up on CGM then neither will I. 

I may have my feelings about the coaching staff, etc, but seeing those kids happy... Man, that’s what it’s all about. Proud of them. Could’ve quit, and they didn’t. WDE

Archived