question about our d?

aubiefifty

why do we have so much problem with qb's running up the middle? even running backs get good runs against us. we are supposed to have one of the better d lines in the country. are our d line guys still hurt? are they just getting whipped? is it the linebackers not making the right plays? are we playing more to stop something else in the game versus letting them have the middle? i understand some of the basics but it seems after we keep letting this happen we would do something to contain better. anyone in the know help me to understand better. thanks

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why do we have so much problem with qb's running up the middle? even running backs get good runs against us. we are supposed to have one of the better d lines in the country. are our d line guys still hurt? are they just getting whipped? is it the linebackers not making the right plays? are we playing more to stop something else in the game versus letting them have the middle? i understand some of the basics but it seems after we keep letting this happen we would do something to contain better. anyone in the know help me to understand better. thanks

Good question...I 'd be interested to hear that also. Not like it has been a surprise that Fitz and Mond were likely to do that....so ...WHY?  

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good question...I 'd be interested to hear that also. Not like it has been a surprise that Fitz and Mond were likely to do that....so ...WHY?  

It’s just like you Debbie downers to come in here after a win and be negative about something. 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s just like you Debbie downers to come in here after a win and be negative about something. 

i am not downing the team i asking a question about how we might could be better against runs up the middle. that was not even a nice try that was just plain out stupid on your part. but thanx for trying to twist someones words around because you have your boxers in a wad.

40 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not downing the team i asking a question about how we might could be better against runs up the middle. that was not even a nice try that was just plain out stupid on your part. but thanx for trying to twist someones words around because you have your boxers in a wad.

I think they were.... :poke:

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

tenor.gif

The MSU game was unexcusable but at least A&M had a scheme that was designed to spread the numbers out as far as possible. I assume alot of those up the middle runs were simply bc a LB that wouldve typically been there had to shade some RB or slot guy who ran to the flats 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Not good with sarcasm even with the sarcasm font, huh. 

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not good with sarcasm even with the sarcasm font, huh. 

i guess not.....

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i guess not.....

It just struck me as funny that after a euphoric win where the players pulled together and refused to loose you would post something that could be considered negative.  Then 64 jumps in and I couldn’t resist :poke: a little fun at both of you.  You both are always sunshiners most of the time.

On to beating UGA next week.

Is a Debbie Downer a combination of Ex-Lax & Tylenol PM?

Our D did make the necessary adjustments to keep us in the game. We have had issues with QBs running up the gut on us. With the talent we have with our front 7, there should be less runs up the middle than we are experiencing. We will need to take our D adjustments to the next level to keep Fromm from doing what Fitzgerald & Mond did today.

To beat the muts, our D is going to have to play as good as if not better than we played against OM of which was one of the best efforts we have had all season with the D. I think the win today will give our guys a higher level of confidence in knowing we are capable of making comebacks to win a game. I would guess the muts will be around an 8-10 point favorite. The game is winnable no doubt but with little room for error.

Just now, aubaseball said:

For those that haven’t the score, Tennessee 14 Charlotte 3.  Final score.   The Tennessee is the head scratcher game.   

Makes me sick to my stomach game made the QB look like Tua

That actually can be a pretty simple answer. One is our d tackles aren't asked just to take up space, they are trying to penetrate and get to the QB as opposed to being asked to engage o line and let the linebackers make plays. 

Also this defense has spent alot of time out there on the field. 

Last just personnel as well. Derrick Brown is our d tackle, he'd be a d end across the way at bammer and uga. (I use bammer especially because they constantly stop the run)

We really don't have the size to shut down runs 24/7

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It just struck me as funny that after a euphoric win where the players pulled together and refused to loose you would post something that could be considered negative.  Then 64 jumps in and I couldn’t resist :poke: a little fun at both of you.  You both are always sunshiners most of the time.

On to beating UGA next week.

actually i was confused as to your post hence the i guess not cus i was not clear on your intentions sarcasm font or not. as for negative stuff it was never meant negative.they came up big for us towards the end of the game. that certainly is not throwing ourd under the bus. and also if your memory is better than mine i have stated i was not happy with gus a few weeks ago. i just do not see the need to repeat it over and over again. so i am not sure about the sunshine pumper thing either.

I don’t know specifically what the issue is but I will say this...I for one will not blame this team’s shortcomings on our Defense. They have helped carry this team for three years now. A few years ago all we asked for was an average defense that could hold opponents to around 24 points and then it would be “don’t worry, if the defense can do that then ol Gus and his offensive prowess will out score em!”  Well, the defense has upheld its end of the bargain most of the time. The other side of the ball has not. And if you are one of those who are trying to scapegoat the defense to defend Gus then you should be ashamed of yourself.  They weren’t great yesterday but it was the defense that kept that game close enough for the offense to FINALLY show some life and pull one out of our arse at the end.

We weren’t getting off blocks for most of the game. To be honest we were manhandled for most of the game. I saw guys let themselves get blocked and just stand there and not try to disingage. Linebackers were getting mashed because no d-lineman was demanding a double team. The last couple of drives I thought we really got after them. Energy level changed and guys were refusing to be blocked. 

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

actually i was confused as to your post hence the i guess not cus i was not clear on your intentions sarcasm font or not. as for negative stuff it was never meant negative.they came up big for us towards the end of the game. that certainly is not throwing ourd under the bus. and also if your memory is better than mine i have stated i was not happy with gus a few weeks ago. i just do not see the need to repeat it over and over again. so i am not sure about the sunshine pumper thing either.

Understand your side of things, but as to your OP; our D has given us opportunities to win most games by keeping us close.  It’s interesting that in the MSU game we still had a chance with the blocked FG, but the O went 3 and out if IRC.  That kind of stuff takes the wind out of the D’s sails. Each side is dependent on the other.

Yesterday, the D was getting pushed around early, but when Iggy intercepted the ball and (more importantly) the O scored, the D responded (speculating here) by shutting down T A&M.  It helped that with the time left T A&M had to throw and the D line didn’t have to worry much about a QB run up the middle.

As soon as the O showed signs of life, the D showed what they could do.  A great team win.

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

more like Miralax and Tyenol PM

That will create some serious movement with running plays taking it to the house! (outhouse that is )

6 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I thought Debbie Downer was an adult film star.

That is an illegal substitution! lol!

Archived