19 yards of Rushing

shabby

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes has they had zero points to show for it. So how do you think we would feel? 

Great.  A win is a win.  Couldn’t run and still scored 28... keep working keep trying to improve

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Great.  A win is a win.  Couldn’t run and still scored 28... keep working keep trying to improve

LSU loss. You referenced them, right?

Coaching staff will have to utilizeMW in the running game. They are going to have to get creative. They cannot expect to keep doing the same things and hope for change. It’s time to throw the kitchen sink at UGA. This right here is going to tell me where Chip Lindsey stands.

Just now, DAG said:

LSU loss. You referenced them, right?

You said how do we feel... like meaning losing to LSU?  Or today.  I already spoke on today but I’ll play along.  Thought we got some pretty ticky tack calls go against us and they hit a game winning FG.  How does that translate going forward I have no clue I’m not that into transitive property when it comes to games since every match up is different.  LSU doesn’t match up well with Bama at all.  Not that I think anyone does this year if they keep executing in the pass game like they have.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Coaching staff will have to utilizeMW in the running game. They are going to have to get creative. They cannot expect to keep doing the same things and hope for change. It’s time to throw the kitchen sink at UGA. This right here is going to tell me where Chip Lindsey stands.

I’d say use him at least 1 possession each half going forward just to see what happens.  

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You said how do we feel... like meaning losing to LSU?  Or today.  I already spoke on today but I’ll play along.  Thought we got some pretty ticky tack calls go against us and they hit a game winning FG.  How does that translate going forward I have no clue I’m not that into transitive property when it comes to games since every match up is different.  LSU doesn’t match up well with Bama at all.  Not that I think anyone does this year if they keep executing in the pass game like they have.

I didn’t reference anybody. You compared rushing for 12 yards to 19 yards with LSU. Who cares? LSU loss. We only had 19 yards. That’s pitiful too but we won. So of course if we win we are going to feel good. It’s not about playing along. I am trying to understand what does LSU rushing for 12 yards have to do with anything?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I didn’t reference anybody. You compared rushing for 12 yards to 19 yards with LSU. Who cares? LSU loss. We only had 19 yards. That’s pitiful too but we won. So of course if we win we are going to feel good. It’s not about playing along. I am trying to understand what does LSU rushing for 12 yards have to do with anything?

I think you missed the context of my post.  So not really sure how to respond or maybe I’m missing the context of yours.  

How bad is the OL this season? It seems every week we read their rushing total was the lowest in a game during Malzahn's tenure at Auburn. I guess we'll find out how much worse it could get.

If we had anything looking like an OL, we could easily be 9-0.

LSU was a fg difference.

MSU and UT? Should win both easily.

Problem: Coaching Staff had to know we were this bad on OL. Why did they not get some JUCO Help?

BTW: Tater Tots last year started off with exactly 19 rush yards versus UVA. The boosters and fans knew then it was going to be a rough year and boy howdy it was.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

I fully expect several to quite a few trick plays against UGA and UA.  There is no chance of beating them attempting to play sound, fundamental, competent football.

22 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

The analysis showing how our center and guards are not getting off quick enough is a good place to start. They are not getting to the second level fast enough and are not getting their body on a body...just missing assignments. And the centers are just being dominated at the point of attack.

I agree 100%, but this was the lowest rushing total in a game in 18 years, since miss st when we had 18. Here is my thought and this is not meant to rag on our current tailbacks . 1) whitlow is a good back, but seems to be easily injured. K. Martin is simply not big enough and does not have the vision to run in the SEC. Shivers, is a good back, but at his size, he is less effective running in between the tackles, although his heart is tremendous and if used the correct way, he can have a stellar career. As for Asa, I am still dumbfounded by his lack of playing time. I find  it hard to stomach that a tailback w his credentials is not playing more due to an inability to block? Give me a break w that. Just look at the O Line this year and that excuse/argument is null and void. 2) our o line is in trouble for the next year or two, based on a 5 star Ashley not being able to beat out another lineman. 3) the center play, which is the lead on the o line, simply is not good enough for the sec. 4) and this is the biggie, the play calling under Malzahn has been all over the place and ineffective since he became the HC. 

I stayed off the board this past week, because I am tired of feeling pessimistic towards the only college ball team, all sports included, I have ever loved. I believed Gus should have been let go before the 2017 season, but I was not posting then, just redding comments. Yesterday was a great win and in a great comeback fashion, but the O is still very subpar and will do nothing vs bama and I don't expect us to beat little nick. I am not sure the point I am truly trying to make, other than, I truly feel Gus and his non warranted prima donna attitude is actually sinking the program deeper and deeper. The current staff w the exception of Steele, seem to be unable to coach or teach so many top recruits. I know Gus will be here in 19 with most likely a 7 and 6 record,  after this year, due to his inability to win bowl games, but how much longer will he be allowed to run AU into the ground? He just doesn't belong here. Just my take and my opinion only. Will always love The AU!!

It's apparent that this line will not line up and whip anyone. They won't even do an average job.

A true option play (Willis) gives them a chance. Block 4 people with 5 guys, read the other. Also a strong passing game would work wonders. We are still setting up our pass with this pathetic run game for whatever reason. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, Deemer 47 said:

I agree 100%, but this was the lowest rushing total in a game in 18 years, since miss st when we had 18. Here is my thought and this is not meant to rag on our current tailbacks . 1) whitlow is a good back, but seems to be easily injured. K. Martin is simply not big enough and does not have the vision to run in the SEC. Shivers, is a good back, but at his size, he is less effective running in between the tackles, although his heart is tremendous and if used the correct way, he can have a stellar career. As for Asa, I am still dumbfounded by his lack of playing time. I find  it hard to stomach that a tailback w his credentials is not playing more due to an inability to block? Give me a break w that. Just look at the O Line this year and that excuse/argument is null and void. 2) our o line is in trouble for the next year or two, based on a 5 star Ashley not being able to beat out another lineman. 3) the center play, which is the lead on the o line, simply is not good enough for the sec. 4) and this is the biggie, the play calling under Malzahn has been all over the place and ineffective since he became the HC. 

I stayed off the board this past week, because I am tired of feeling pessimistic towards the only college ball team, all sports included, I have ever loved. I believed Gus should have been let go before the 2017 season, but I was not posting then, just redding comments. Yesterday was a great win and in a great comeback fashion, but the O is still very subpar and will do nothing vs bama and I don't expect us to beat little nick. I am not sure the point I am truly trying to make, other than, I truly feel Gus and his non warranted prima donna attitude is actually sinking the program deeper and deeper. The current staff w the exception of Steele, seem to be unable to coach or teach so many top recruits. I know Gus will be here in 19 with most likely a 7 and 6 record,  after this year, due to his inability to win bowl games, but how much longer will he be allowed to run AU into the ground? He just doesn't belong here. Just my take and my opinion only. Will always love The AU!!

You meant to say Shivers height will hinder him because I know you don't honestly believe that he is 172.... 

We are so quick to judge these players on what they can and cant do when we don't fully know what they can & cant do because NOBODY got a chance to get hot on Saturday. I will use Shivers as an example, since he is always being told what he isn't capable of doing. He rushed the ball Saturday to get us 8 POSITIVE yards & instead of going to him again we take him out and do something else that gave us no yards. & it happens quiet often. They don't trust the runs sometimes or the particular player that runs the ball....but the players get bashed. That's not fair and I don't care who gets mad about it. This team is talented but the staff has to trust the athletes that they bring in. At that point all the athletes can do is control what they can control. I drive 1400 miles round trip if not more so I see what's going on 1st hand. I don't take it personal, I just tell him that he can ONLY CONTROL WHAT HE CAN CONTROL, so when his number is called do his best and I believe that's what he does. Give them a break 

4 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

We are so quick to judge these players on what they can and cant do when we don't fully know what they can & cant do because NOBODY got a chance to get hot on Saturday. I will use Shivers as an example, since he is always being told what he isn't capable of doing. He rushed the ball Saturday to get us 8 POSITIVE yards & instead of going to him again we take him out and do something else that gave us no yards. & it happens quiet often. They don't trust the runs sometimes or the particular player that runs the ball....but the players get bashed. That's not fair and I don't care who gets mad about it. This team is talented but the staff has to trust the athletes that they bring in. At that point all the athletes can do is control what they can control. I drive 1400 miles round trip if not more so I see what's going on 1st hand. I don't take it personal, I just tell him that he can ONLY CONTROL WHAT HE CAN CONTROL, so when his number is called do his best and I believe that's what he does. Give them a break 

Thank you for the post.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:03 PM, shabby said:

yep. 19 yards. This is pretty much the essence of our offensive woes. 19 yards. I can't fault Gus for trying to run. However there came a point where it became evident that Auburn was going to have to give up on the Run. I have no clue where the problem with this lies. To have such a stellar Run game last year to now be where we're at. Is it the running backs. Play calling? Is it the offensive line? A mixture of all of the above. how do we fix this? Only thing I can think of there's more tempo and quit passes in the middle to open up the Run game. Less predictable play calling. It seemed Texas A&M new every time we were going to run it. Like there was an electric billboard behind Stidham that said this is a running play

Gus said he is going to fix that this week. :nanner:

5 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

You're starting to sound like us Momma Worm.  Most of us believe in the players and feel talent is not the issue at all.  It's hard to make assessments when we get such a small sample.  But then the coach goes back to his security blanket of plays & players.

12 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Amen momma! As 72 said, you are sharing many of our same thoughts.

To me it’s like, “ Quick, let’s go back to what we were doing before (that wasn’t working) before they figure out how to stop what’s working now.”

The drive that we featured Shaun and Whitlow against LSU, for example, was one of the more comfortable times the O has looked this season. 

16 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

You are absolutely right, I will continue to fight this fight for you though. It gets on my nerves when posters talk about pass blocking ability, not being able to get open, and things of that nature. They couldn't know but alas it don't stop them from saying such things. Fact of the matter is there is no evidence at all that the rotation the backs are doing right now has anything to do with production. Whatever the reason for Gus wanting to keep giving it to JW while he's hurt is something that only he knows.

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You're starting to sound like us Momma Worm.  Most of us believe in the players and feel talent is not the issue at all.  It's hard to make assessments when we get such a small sample.  But then the coach goes back to his security blanket of plays & players.

And if there are elements of a game plan that your O doesn’t do well, adapt that part of the plan.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:25 AM, corchjay said:

Why change your offensive philosophy for 3-4 games when it won’t be that way next year.  

Because you owe it to your seniors who have stuck by you and have been playing their hearts out for you to try to win every game *this* season? Because you owe it to the defense that has been mostly been overcoming your terrible offensive strategy each week to try to win every game *this* season?

I love Auburn and my son loves Auburn. He has to wait his turn and I get that. I just don't agree with saying that he cant produce when I know that's not true. If he was struggling than I could understand that, but he gets positive yardage. I am a strong women of GOD and I pray over my children every day. Its not his time to shine but trust me given the opportunity no matter where it is, he will make a statement. I am very confident on that. I see him on pass blocks and things of that nature, things that the tv doesn't show. We have a very talented team of athletes, just trying to get everything to gel is what is happening. We will be fine. I wish the team nothing but success. I want the wins no matter who has to produce it but I feel like the kids get it so bad. I loved what I saw at the ending of the game Saturday. We fought and we didn't give up. You had to be there to see the kids faces, even the ones that weren't playing. They were happy for the team. I just think that once you really get a chance to see this, it will change your aspect on things. 

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

I love Auburn and my son loves Auburn. He has to wait his turn and I get that. I just don't agree with saying that he cant produce when I know that's not true. If he was struggling than I could understand that, but he gets positive yardage. I am a strong women of GOD and I pray over my children every day. Its not his time to shine but trust me given the opportunity no matter where it is, he will make a statement. I am very confident on that. I see him on pass blocks and things of that nature, things that the tv doesn't show. We have a very talented team of athletes, just trying to get everything to gel is what is happening. We will be fine. I wish the team nothing but success. I want the wins no matter who has to produce it but I feel like the kids get it so bad. I loved what I saw at the ending of the game Saturday. We fought and we didn't give up. You had to be there to see the kids faces, even the ones that weren't playing. They were happy for the team. I just think that once you really get a chance to see this, it will change your aspect on things. 

Thank you Momma.  Sometimes things in life are easy sometimes they are not. We are in a season when things aren’t going our way all the time but these kids keep fighting their hearts out

40 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Please tell us it's not his coaches that are telling him what he isn't capable of doing?  You're talking people on message boards making these statements & bashing players, right?  

BTW, you're counseling your son wisely - he can only control what he can control.  He has no control over the coaching situation, their stubborn and continued trust issues, their decision making or the uncertainty of whether he'll even have the same coaches that recruited him still in place through his AU career.  He can't take any of the noise he hears from outsiders (like us message board fanatics) to heart because if anyone thinks it's been rough the last month, you can almost bet the house on the fact that the negativity will double and even triple over the next month.

WDE Momma, stay strong!

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:45 AM, DAG said:

Now tell me you really expect Gus to do this. I would be pleasantly shocked!

Archived