19 yards of Rushing

shabby

On 11/4/2018 at 2:45 AM, DAG said:

Coaching staff will have to utilizeMW in the running game. They are going to have to get creative. They cannot expect to keep doing the same things and hope for change. It’s time to throw the kitchen sink at UGA. This right here is going to tell me where Chip Lindsey stands.

Honest question: What do you expect this game to tell you about Chip Lindsey that the previous 9 haven't? 

I feel like I already know where he stands, which is in the unemployment line. We know that we didn't see his offense this year but it doesn't matter. Crap rolls downhill. Gus stays, Chip goes.

My guess is that we see Gus assume more control of the offense going forward. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2018 at 1:45 AM, DAG said:

Coaching staff will have to utilizeMW in the running game. They are going to have to get creative. They cannot expect to keep doing the same things and hope for change. It’s time to throw the kitchen sink at UGA. This right here is going to tell me where Chip Lindsey stands.

We know where Chip Lindsey stands DAG.  He's the OC and he ain't getting the job done.  Whether his hands are tied or not, whether he's operating off CGM's clipboard or not it doesn't matter at the end of the day. 

UGA is going to blow up this swiss cheese oline, make JS as uncomfortable as possible, shutdown what remains of any semblance of a run game we have at this point, and force a shaken JS to produce yardage under duress all night long.  Chip can try to throw the kitchen sink at UGA - then he can put up a good showing vs Liberty and then thorw more of the sink out there for the IB, but if nothing else we dang sure know where Chip Lindsey stands because we now know where Gus Malzhan stands relative to the future.  

The question is will Gus' superiors force him to kick his scapegoat (CCL) to the curb at the end of the season or not?  Is Hugh Freeze in the bag, and who the hell has been brokering with Freeze for in the last 4 weeks behind Chip's back?  Does Grimes get a pass or sh!t canned too?  Will Freeze be allowed to bring in his own support staff & position coaches?  There's got to be an entire overhaul to this offense right down to it's core (oline/running game) now that CGM is the "Coach of the Future" as he sits on a hot seat with a pot of +$30mm gold on the table.

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

This team is talented but the staff has to trust the athletes that they bring in

Momma. a lot of fans have said the same thing since long before Shaun committed to AU. It's very frustrating.

3 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

He rushed the ball Saturday to get us 8 POSITIVE yards & instead of going to him again we take him out and do something else that gave us no yards. & it happens quiet often

I do not bash players because they are student athletes that have chosen Auburn to further their career just like any other student that chooses Auburn (except the other students don’t work as hard).  But I will bash a coach, who is a professional getting paid to further the career of these student athletes, in a heart beat.

We, as fans, can only speculate as to why, after getting positive yardage on just one play, the coach goes in a different direction.  It doesn’t make sense to me especially when JW was not 100%. Gus has to make those decisions for Auburn, after all he gets paid to make those type of decision.

I personally hope to see more of Worm in our upcoming games as we have a need for reliable RBs to make it through the season. War Eagle.

8 hours ago, keesler said:

UGA is going to blow up this swiss cheese oline, make JS as uncomfortable as possible, shutdown what remains of any semblance of a run game we have at this point, and force a shaken JS to produce yardage under duress all night long

Not necessarily, a lot of people don’t know this, and another reason why I said Texas A&M and Georgia are beatable two weeks ago is because I knew Georgia doesn’t have a great pass rush. They have 14 sacks all year which is last in the SEC. 

5 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

You meant to say Shivers height will hinder him because I know you don't honestly believe that he is 172.... 

I don't see where I mentioned his weight as 172. Nonetheless, he runs hard, but doesn't get enough touches in my opinion. Hope that changes this week at GA. 

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I do not bash players because they are student athletes that have chosen Auburn to further their career just like any other student that chooses Auburn (except the other students don’t work as hard). .

Bah, I was a student athlete. Known plenty of student athletes and known a bunch of those pesky regular students also. That work hard thing comes down to things like the individual, their major, do they have a job.

A grand total of 19 yards rushing last week. WOW! So thrilled that Gus gets another year to run this Titanic into another iceberg.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Honest question: What do you expect this game to tell you about Chip Lindsey that the previous 9 haven't? 

I feel like I already know where he stands, which is in the unemployment line. We know that we didn't see his offense this year but it doesn't matter. Crap rolls downhill. Gus stays, Chip goes.

My guess is that we see Gus assume more control of the offense going forward. 

Read the date I posted this. Now let’s review what transpired in the last 24 hours. At this point I think we know where he stands now that the ending is concluded.

4 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Now tell me you really expect Gus to do this. I would be pleasantly shocked!

I pray , pray , pray that he does.

14 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

A grand total of 19 yards rushing last week. WOW! So thrilled that Gus gets another year to run this Titanic into another iceberg.

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Bah, I was a student athlete. Known plenty of student athletes and known a bunch of those pesky regular students also. That work hard thing comes down to things like the individual, their major, do they have a job.

I was really referring to the physical part, but yeah I worked my rear end off at Auburn.  I found out the harder you work the luckier you were.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was really referring to the physical part, but yeah I worked my rear end off at Auburn.  I found out the harder you work the luckier you were.

I was a crusher my time at Auburn. My major was electrical engineering, I was a mentor with nsbe, I did the crusher thing, and everybody know me as far as going and hooping in the ACT. Great times

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Why did we go back to Kim after the offensive line started running the ball decently against Ole Miss with Brahms at center?

I'm afraid that had more to do with Ole Miss than who we had at center. 

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm afraid that had more to do with Ole Miss than who we had at center. 

For the first time we seemed to actually start gashing a team in the run game. We hadn’t really done that at any point. While yes ole miss isn’t very good we were still really bad but showing improvement 

As to Worm, I would never say what he can and cannot do but I would say that he could be used in EXACTLY the same way as my favorite all time player, ever, at Auburn—-Onterio  McCalebb.  When we needed a first down, he got it. It seemed like every time he touched the ball he got 8 plus yards. He was more than just fast. He was a joy to watch and had that “IT” factor.  I know Worm and Schwartz have “it”.  The opposition knew Onterio was going to get the ball 10-12 times a game but they just couldn’t stop him. My favorite was how he was always smart enough to just run out out of bounds after about 12 or 14 yards rather than get the snot knocked out of him by a safety or linebacker with a head of steam. The  opposing defense hated that they couldn’t lay out big lick on him. 

The personnel use and play calling this year has been frustrating to say the least.  Our boys are trying.

12 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

As to Worm, I would never say what he can and cannot do but I would say that he could be used in EXACTLY the same way as my favorite all time player, ever, at Auburn—-Onterio  McCalebb.  When we needed a first down, he got it. It seemed like every time he touched the ball he got 8 plus yards. He was more than just fast. He was a joy to watch and had that “IT” factor.  I know Worm and Schwartz have “it”.  The opposition knew Onterio was going to get the ball 10-12 times a game but they just couldn’t stop him. My favorite was how he was always smart enough to just run out out of bounds after about 12 or 14 yards rather than get the snot knocked out of him by a safety or linebacker with a head of steam. The  opposing defense hated that they couldn’t lay out big lick on him. 

The personnel use and play calling this year has been frustrating to say the least.  Our boys are trying.

OMac or Corey Grant, take your pick. I see Shaun as more of a Grant type because he's compact, strong as hell and more than happy to finish his runs with contact. 

I'm guessing that Gus feels like he doesn't have the other pieces in place that he needs for those sweeps to work. He might be right. Or maybe it's a classic Gus trust issue. Who knows. But I agree with you. Shaun should be on that same track. With OMac and Grant both, they started off primarily running those sweeps and then working their way into more straight up carries out of the backfield. I imagined that role for him when he was signed and hope that there's a future for that role on this team, regardless of who fills it. 

Couldn't agree more with your last 2 sentences. 

22 hours ago, keesler said:

We know where Chip Lindsey stands DAG.  He's the OC and he ain't getting the job done.  Whether his hands are tied or not, whether he's operating off CGM's clipboard or not it doesn't matter at the end of the day. 

UGA is going to blow up this swiss cheese oline, make JS as uncomfortable as possible, shutdown what remains of any semblance of a run game we have at this point, and force a shaken JS to produce yardage under duress all night long.  Chip can try to throw the kitchen sink at UGA - then he can put up a good showing vs Liberty and then thorw more of the sink out there for the IB, but if nothing else we dang sure know where Chip Lindsey stands because we now know where Gus Malzhan stands relative to the future.  

The question is will Gus' superiors force him to kick his scapegoat (CCL) to the curb at the end of the season or not?  Is Hugh Freeze in the bag, and who the hell has been brokering with Freeze for in the last 4 weeks behind Chip's back?  Does Grimes get a pass or sh!t canned too?  Will Freeze be allowed to bring in his own support staff & position coaches?  There's got to be an entire overhaul to this offense right down to it's core (oline/running game) now that CGM is the "Coach of the Future" as he sits on a hot seat with a pot of +$30mm gold on the table.

As long as Gus is HC, lesser staff seems irrelevant.  Who worth his salt would willingly work under such a control freak? 

23 hours ago, keesler said:

I disagree.  It does matter if his hands are tied or calling Gus' plays.  If I'm having surgery and I have the most world renowned surgeon operating, I don't want him doing it blindfolded.  It won't turn out well.  Same thing here. Chip could be Spurrieresque with his play calling and scheming, but if he's handicapped we'll never know and he certainly shouldn't be judged off of the O's performance.  FTR, the coaching profession understand the issue and Chip will be fine.

23 hours ago, keesler said:

... and who the hell has been brokering with Freeze for in the last 4 weeks behind Chip's back?  Does Grimes get a pass or sh!t canned too?  Will Freeze be allowed to bring in his own support staff & position coaches?  

FTR, people inside the AD have known for a little while Chip will not be returning.  It was his decision, although it might be presented as Gus cleaning house.

I expect Kodi and Porter to be retained from the offensive staff. The rest I'd expect know they are gone. Again, it might be presented as a house cleaning.

I expect, if Gus makes it to next year, for Hugh to become the OC. I'm not sure if it has been finalized yet or not, but it's in the works.  It has not been some machiavellian attempt, everyone is aware.  Will he have control of what assistants are brought in? If not total control, I'm sure he will have a lot of input in who is selected. Gus trust and respects HF's opinions. It might just be a rubber stamp from Gus.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, Momma Worm said:

We are so quick to judge these players on what they can and cant do when we don't fully know what they can & cant do because NOBODY got a chance to get hot on Saturday.

This team is talented but the staff has to trust the athletes that they bring in. At that point all the athletes can do is control what they can control. I drive 1400 miles round trip if not more so I see what's going on 1st hand. I don't take it personal, I just tell him that he can ONLY CONTROL WHAT HE CAN CONTROL, so when his number is called do his best and I believe that's what he does.

Absolutely! Players are only able to obtain success when given the opportunities to be successful.  That's why it is imperative, as coaches, to have your players physically ready to go at any time and, more importantly, be mentally prepared for every scenario they will possibly see.  It's our jobs to put players in positions that lead to success and the players job to take it when given tha opportunity.  This year in particular, it seems that our coaches have either struggled to identify the play makers, struggled to put said playmakers in advantageous positions, or be able to be flexible enough to adapt to the fluidity of the game.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:02 AM, Momma Worm said:

I love Auburn and my son loves Auburn. He has to wait his turn and I get that. I just don't agree with saying that he cant produce when I know that's not true. 

Its not his time to shine but trust me given the opportunity no matter where it is, he will make a statement.

We have a very talented team of athletes, just trying to get everything to gel is what is happening. We will be fine. I wish the team nothing but success.

I loved what I saw at the ending of the game Saturday. We fought and we didn't give up. 

Those that say he can't produce are either biased or dumb.  SS is a tremendous talent. One, that in my opinion, has been extremely underutilized.

He has made statements everytime he is on the field. Statements that should be revisited by the staff during film sessions and game planning.

Our skill talent is tremendous. When we put it all together, it will be scary at what we can accomplish. There is seems to be talent everywhere but the OL, but I'm not sure if that's a talent gap or coaching trait. I'm not going to bash them, but it's crucial they develop a little quicker.  I wish we could get a little of Shaun's south Florida swag to rub off on them.

The endgame fight and desire was really fun to watch.  You could see the boys finally decide to have a little fight in them. This isn't supposed to sound bad, so my apologies if it does...For them to finally invest completely and come away victorious, it will pay off in spades later on. Maybe not this year, but that feeling of fighting back and finding a way to win is impossible to coach. It can only be learned through experience

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I disagree.  It does matter if his hands are tied or calling Gus' plays.  If I'm having surgery and I have the most world renowned surgeon operating, I don't want him doing it blindfolded.  It won't turn out well.  Same thing here. Chip could be Spurrieresque with his play calling and scheming, but if he's handicapped we'll never know and he certainly shouldn't be judged off of the O's performance.  FTR, the coaching profession understand the issue and Chip will be fine.

I expect, if Gus makes it to next year, for Hugh to become the OC. I'm not sure if it has been finalized yet or not, but it's in the works.  It has not been some machiavellian attempt, everyone is aware.  Will he have control of what assistants are brought in? If not total control, I'm sure he will have a lot of input in who is selected. Gus trust and respects HF's opinions. It might just be a rubber stamp from Gus.

So we all know HF is a good OC.  He has proven that.  But so had CL.  The question is: In your opinion, if HF is brought in, will Gus's respect for HF allow Gus to give full control of the Offense to HF or will he "blindfold our surgeon"?

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So we all know HF is a good OC.  He has proven that.  But so had CL.  The question is: In your opinion, if HF is brought in, will Gus's respect for HF allow Gus to give full control of the Offense to HF or will he "blindfold our surgeon"?

IMO, Gus needs an OC he respects and sees as a peer. One with proven high level success that has a track record that he can push back with. That or an older statesmen type that he respects sort of a mentor type role.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, Gus needs an OC he respects and sees as a peer. One with proven high level success that has a track record that he can push back with. That or an older statesmen type that he respects sort of a mentor type role.

So .... you think Gus sees HF at that level and would definitely give up complete control?

Archived