The Hospitality Bowl

AUght2win

My pitch to name the Auburn and Texas A&M series. Both these teams have legendary home field advantages, yet guests were 6-0 coming into today. Although Jimbo may have been the most hospitable of all today dialing up passes in waning minutes.

I wasn't old enough at the time, but for those who remember, would you say this was a mini version of the 1994 LSU interception game? At least in terms of a game seemingly lost, then turning on an absolute dime?

Anyway, mostly just wanted to get my trademarked series name out there. WDE!!! Enjoy a classic win!!!

Absolutely AU had no business winning that '94 LSU game but for the 3 (or 4?) big interceptions in the 2nd half..

7 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Absolutely AU had no business winning that '94 LSU game but for the 3 (or 4?) big interceptions in the 2nd half..

But they kept throwing it.. 😳

I was at the 1994 LSU game. We had won something like 14 straight coming into that game. Bowden was viewed as a god by all. The offense sucked that day and was bailed out by the defense. The offense literally made zero plays after the initial screen to Harold Marrow to start the game.

58 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

My pitch to name the Auburn and Texas A&M series. Both these teams have legendary home field advantages, yet guests were 6-0 coming into today. Although Jimbo may have been the most hospitable of all today dialing up passes in waning minutes.

I wasn't old enough at the time, but for those who remember, would you say this was a mini version of the 1994 LSU interception game? At least in terms of a game seemingly lost, then turning on an absolute dime?

Anyway, mostly just wanted to get my trademarked series name out there. WDE!!! Enjoy a classic win!!!

I watched the 94 game and have it on DVD. That game was on a totally different level of passing a team to death. I mean that LSU was passing themselves to death in a bad way for them. I have some LSU friends who were beside themselves over that game. LSU fans have the worst case of "We should have won" disease. I always tell them that "If you should have won, you would have won". This usually makes them stop and scratch their head trying to figure out my crystal clear untainted logic.

Today's game was special and should be treated as so. We were penalized in the worst sort of way in the LSU game this season. If the refs had watching closer, they would not have called the last penalty that gave LSU a first down that led to a TD. We should have been able to walk off of the field that game with a 21-19 win. Anyhow, I hope our guys will take it to the muts and the turds.

I mainly didnt think we could win this game just because we were outplayed, but if A&M did run the ball as had worked for most of the day, I just dont think we wouldve had that much time tbh. throwing the ball twice when we had 1 timeout left is incredulous to say the least. and that was the reaction I got from looking at a few of their fans as I was walking out, they were disgusted

I think we wouldve scored the first TD regardless, but we had let them drive on for quite a minute during the following drive. Not anything I care about but something im reflecting on now 

12 hours ago, kwagoner said:

But they kept throwing it.. 😳

It's hard to imagine a HC continuing to do something that isn't working and it cost them the game. 🙄

back to...you know...the topic at hand...

I like it. Also because aTm is like Auburn West both in history and attitude. Every person I've ever talked to that has gone there for a game day raves at the politeness, openness, and sharing they have there - and every time someone from aTm comes here, they say the same thing. As much as I despise Jimbo, I will always have a small soft spot for that school.

Love this rivalry.  Have family in Texas and an Tam grad.

the two schools have a lot in common.  I can’t wait to get out there 

I was at the 94 interception game.  This isn’t close to that game, especially considering the situation.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, AUght2win said:

Each time Mond dropped back to throw in the last 8 mins of the game, the name Jamie Howard kept popping into my brain....

13 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Love this rivalry.  Have family in Texas and an Tam grad.

the two schools have a lot in common.  I can’t wait to get out there 

I was at the 94 interception game.  This isn’t close to that game, especially considering the situation.

I was there also visiting family. I don't think I've ever seen a comeback like that.

Even the AU student section is going... seriously Curly? You are still throwing the ball!?

Why do people hate Jimbo? Usually people with AU ties get lots of love on here.

He may be the most accomplished coach with AU ties out there, just thinking off the top of my head.

*Not calling anyone out, I just see a lot of disdain for him on here and someone above mentioned how they didn't like him.

30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Why do people hate Jimbo? Usually people with AU ties get lots of love on here.

He may be the most accomplished coach with AU ties out there, just thinking off the top of my head.

*Not calling anyone out, I just see a lot of disdain for him on here and someone above mentioned how they didn't like him.

I think Hate's a strong word.

I just feel he's overrated for all of the adulation so many give him.

His career has been one of nepotism as he's practically a Bowden and followed them around for years, even getting that lame "HC in Waiting" title from Bobby.  He had a couple decent years with Bobby's players, then did have a couple really good seasons with an all world QB that he cottled & protected to the point of criminal.  Lost A LOT of respect for him and how he handled that scumbag Winston.  Sorry, I try not to be too judgmental as it's not my place but Winston has earned it and Fisher was an enabler.

Remember too, his best years were when FSU had NO competition in the ACC... Clemson was still "clemsoning".  Then, Clemson finds some footing, Jimbo has personal family issues and rapidly began the program decline, to the point of leaving a total dumpster fire.  Sorta reminds me of Baby Bowden's AU trajactory...

I just don't think he's up to par with the best in coaching.  He's good....but not great.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I think Hate's a strong word.

I just feel he's overrated for all of the adulation so many give him.

His career has been one of nepotism as he's practically a Bowden and followed them around for years, even getting that lame "HC in Waiting" title from Bobby.  He had a couple decent years with Bobby's players, then did have a couple really good seasons with an all world QB that he cottled & protected to the point of criminal.  Lost A LOT of respect for him and how he handled that scumbag Winston.  Sorry, I try not to be too judgmental as it's not my place but Winston has earned it and Fisher was an enabler.

Remember too, his best years were when FSU had NO competition in the ACC... Clemson was still "clemsoning".  Then, Clemson finds some footing, Jimbo has personal family issues and rapidly began the program decline, to the point of leaving a total dumpster fire.  Sorta reminds me of Baby Bowden's AU trajactory...

I just don't think he's up to par with the best in coaching.  He's good....but not great.

I can see your points. I don't like the Winston stuff considering the allegations at all. I just feel like he's a real coach that teaches real college level concepts to his team/offense and rather than a guy who was plucked out of HS coaching and learning on the fly. 

He's good, I agree. And good would be a world of an upgrade to our staff right now. He's also one of like 4 men who have national championships in the game currently. Also, Jimbo's natty came in a year where Clemson finished 11-2, so their rise had already begun. Agree on leaving FSU a mess though. I guess my defense of Jimbo is based really in that he's a better head football coach than Gus. Most certainly not a better man, but definitely a better coach IMO. I could get on board with having a QB developer like him leading our program. I'd feel uncomfortable about the Winston stuff, though. 

Sheesh, I just want someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I can see your points. I don't like the Winston stuff considering the allegations at all. I just feel like he's a real coach that teaches real college level concepts to his team/offense and rather than a guy who was plucked out of HS coaching and learning on the fly. 

He's good, I agree. And good would be a world of an upgrade to our staff right now. He's also one of like 4 men who have national championships in the game currently. Also, Jimbo's natty came in a year where Clemson finished 11-2, so their rise had already begun. Agree on leaving FSU a mess though. I guess my defense of Jimbo is based really in that he's a better head football coach than Gus. Most certainly not a better man, but definitely a better coach IMO. I could get on board with having a QB developer like him leading our program. I'd feel uncomfortable about the Winston stuff, though. 

Sheesh, I just want someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

Oh he's A ZILLION times better than Gus.  Not saying I wouldn't rather have CJF over Gus.  But then that's not saying anything unfortunately....

I don't necessarily want Fisher but if someone said "you get Gus Malzahn or Jimbo Fisher" the answer is obvious.  But if someone said "you get Jimbo Fisher or ______" I think there's a lot of "blanks" I'd personally prefer to him.

Archived