"Air Raid" against UGA?

ChltteTiger

Or will he waste 3 quarters trying to establish the run?

If history is any indicator, it will be the latter.

Whats the latest on the booster's buyout progress..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol...gotta be careful ...if it’s incomplete on first down, you are facing second and 10. If it’s a first down pass it has to be a high % type pass...regardless we need to make 1st down a positive yardage down, IDC if it’s a fumble rooski  or annexation of Puerto Rico..

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Your answer no frickin way..........side note the pilot of the Enola Gay was an Auburn grad. I knew his son thru work

I’ve watched more than one documentary on that, pretty scary stuff, even for the pilots

2 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

I’ve watched more than one documentary on that, pretty scary stuff, even for the pilots

The son was very low key but sometimes he would open up about his Dad and the bomb

42 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Lol...gotta be careful ...if it’s incomplete on first down, you are facing second and 10. If it’s a first down pass it has to be a high % type pass...regardless we need to make 1st down a positive yardage down, IDC if it’s a fumble rooski  or annexation of Puerto Rico..

So is there any difference in an incomplete pass on first down or a run off right tackle for a two yard loss?  Today proved we can win without running the ball. My confidence in Gus building on that is less than zero. WDE!!!!

Slants, quick hitches, drags to our guys with speed, would like to to see shivers in the throwback screen game rather than Malik, and most of all, attack the middle of the field please.

You are asking if Gus will do something logical? UMMMMM the answer is always no.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Slants, quick hitches, drags to our guys with speed, would like to to see shivers in the throwback screen game rather than Malik, and most of all, attack the middle of the field please.

This . Worm should get those screens . Miller runs like he is stuck in concrete. Not sure why he is catching those and not worm 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

This . Worm should get those screens . Miller runs like he is stuck in concrete. Not sure why he is catching those and not worm 

Reminded me of when the lions ran a screen with Blount, and then ran one with KJ. There is so much big play potential with one, vs the other

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Your answer no frickin way..........side note the pilot of the Enola Gay was an Auburn grad. I knew his son thru work

Awesome history there. One of the best books I’ve read past couple of years is “The Making of the Atomic Bomb” by Richard Rhodes, won the Pulitzer. Very dense but incredibly readable and terrifying. I have no idea what any of that has to do with Malzahn being a very mediocre but stupendously stubborn coach but....there you are.

We'll try to run half the game. We need to run it, after all. Then we'll ditch that, and try to throw....only a little late and a little short. Our completions will be like this: From the shotgun, then drop back another five, a full 15 yards behind the l.o.s., then after about 4 seconds, complete passes that look like nice throws, but are behind the l.o.s. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Brigadier General Paul Tibbets Jr. (LTC at the time of the Hiroshima drop) graduated from the University of Florida and even was a Sigma Nu and then went the University of Cincinnati for a year of Medical School before actually joining the Army.

The co-pilot Captain Robert A. Lewis was enlisted and then went to Officer Canidate School (OCS) to become an office. He graduated from NYU with a BS in Chemistry after he got out of the Air Force. 

His Grandson Brigadier General Paul Tibbets IV just got removed from Command was recently forced to retire without a promotion because an investigation found he told his subordinates not to report suicide attempts, he made inappropriate comments about women during a sporting event, and pressured a female airman under his command into uncomfortable conversation about her past and he also created a negative work environment, accepted inappropriate gifts and used a government vehicle for personal reasons. 

I used to swim with Paul Tibbets IV and have meet and talked with Paul Tibbetts Jr. many many times. I have also talked with LTC/CW4 Michael J. Novosel Medal of Honor winner who as an Air Force LTC was the Commander of the 2nd B-29 that flew with the Enola Gay. (He retired and when Vietnam broke out he joined the Army as a Warrant Officer to fly helicopters and flying  MEDEVAC he won the Medal of Honor).

In my discussions with all those people not once have they ever mentioned Him going to Auburn and according to multiple list of the top famous Auburn Alumni he is not on any of them. 

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

He wants to be a run team but fails at recruiting personnel to get it done. 

This right here sums up the gus tenure perfectly.

Pass every play unless it's 3rd and more than 10, then run a delay, draw or speed sweep.  Quit abusing injured RB's in obvious run situations.  Great win tonight, and I didn't even care that we won. Is it me or is it Gus?  

At this point I don't even care if we win out.  Just get Gus the hell out of here.

39 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Reminded me of when the lions ran a screen with Blount, and then ran one with KJ. There is so much big play potential with one, vs the other

Absolutely. Worm would probably gain 50% more yards than any other back we have . 

I firmly believe one issue is the lack of reads & routes used. The announcer even pointed out at one point during our game, on a big 3rd down we only had TWO reads. I’m watching the WSU & just the QB’s demeanors are so didffent. Gardner Minshew is bouncing around the pocket, progressing through reads. It’s obvious he has like 3-5 passing options every play. Sometimes it seems Stidham looks one way, & if it’s not open he’s running around. We need more route options/new concepts for our receivers. 

10 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I firmly believe one issue is the lack of reads & routes used. The announcer even pointed out at one point during our game, on a big 3rd down we only had TWO reads. I’m watching the WSU & just the QB’s demeanors are so didffent. Gardner Minshew is bouncing around the pocket, progressing through reads. It’s obvious he has like 3-5 passing options every play. Sometimes it seems Stidham looks one way, & if it’s not open he’s running around. We need more route options/new concepts for our receivers. 

Did you hear the announcers say that the opposing coaches were in the box next to them screaming "Screen Screen" when we were running a WR screen play?  

19 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Pass every play unless it's 3rd and more than 10, then run a delay, draw or speed sweep.  Quit abusing injured RB's in obvious run situations.  Great win tonight, and I didn't even care that we won. Is it me or is it Gus?  

At this point I don't even care if we win out.  Just get Gus the hell out of here.

Winning out is the only reason I will be okay with Gus coming back.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Did you hear the announcers say that the opposing coaches were in the box next to them screaming "Screen Screen" when we were running a WR screen play?  

Yep, heard that one too! They knew the play but yet it still ended up being a positive 

The passing game is the great equalizer against this team. When UF had success, it was because Felipe was actually chunking it, UGA would give Jordan his 4 and 5 yard runs but eventually Franks would fail them b/c his liability to hit tight windows. Missouri has competed with this team twice due to the passing game, and this year they didnt even have Emanuel Hall. You have to be able to throw against these guys b/c they're going to eventually eat up the run, and they arent that much more talented than an A&M and certainly not as much as LSU. We could throw against those two when we weren't getting in our own way play calling wise. Screens need to be kept at an all time minimum b/c they're going to be looking for those after last season just like Pruitt and Aranda did. 

If we do have to run and boobie's still hurt, Id like to see Joiner get some reps just b/c he should be the best built body (pause) to handle the beating those LBs will deliver on passing downs

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Paul Tibbets? Isn't he a FL grad?

EDIT: His son was an AU grad.

Archived