"Air Raid" against UGA?

ChltteTiger

5 minutes ago, Deemer 47 said:

I do care about wins, but agree about the pretend mad offensive scientist. The play calling now in the HUNH passed him by right after the year he had the best "cam " QB in the nation. It wasn't his play calling, but rather the talent he had at that time. He should be making monthly payments to. Newton for his career. 

What about 2013? Not defending.... just saying the offense worked well then without a cam

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Deemer 47 said:

Agree. Miller is too slow and doesn't read holes well. Shivers and or Swartz, spelling, should be heavy in the game plan for. Ga, but that makes too much sense for our saviour of a HC to think about. 

I rewatched the highlights on that miller screen and worm would have gained another 15 yards easy due to his speed and toughness . 

It will not happen, but Gus could make this a winnable game if he just was man enough to stay completely out of the play calling. Ga would be so confused with the lack of Gus’ tendencies that it would give us an unusual advantage. It is sad but that is my wish, but it will never happen.

I'm certain Gus figured out what happened there at the end of the aTm game.  By now, he's removed and replaced all the contraband plays Chip slipped into the playbook. Such insubordination will not be tolerated and there will be no deviation from the playbook against UGA.

3 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

He should be making monthly payments to. Newton for his career. 

Just as Dennis Franchione should be paying Ladanian Tomlinson.

Gus and Dennis caught lightning in a bottle it turned them into millionaires.    Now Gus was innovative and was successful, but he has turned ultra-conservative and morphed into a micromanaging fool.  

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

I'm certain Gus figured out what happened there at the end of the aTm game.  By now, he's removed and replaced all the contraband plays Chip slipped into the playbook. Such insubordination will not be tolerated and there will be no deviation from the playbook against UGA.

This will be why Chip is fired at the end of the season.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:19 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Slants, quick hitches, drags to our guys with speed, would like to to see shivers in the throwback screen game rather than Malik, and most of all, attack the middle of the field please.

That would make perfect sense. So it’s highly unlikely.

35 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Georgia isn’t unstoppable, Auburn’s  Defense is quite capable of shutting their offense down , and we see if we play to our strengths we can move the ball, Let’s get behind these guys!

The best way to beat UGA is to have them play catch up. If you think relying on our defense to shut them down will lead to victory, you will be in for a rude awakening. LSU ran the ball very efficiently against UGA and the offense followed. LSU defense of course stepped up as well. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

The best way to beat UGA is to have them play catch up. If you think relying on our defense to shut them down will lead to victory, you will be in for a rude awakening. LSU ran the ball very efficiently against UGA and the offense followed. LSU defense of course stepped up as well. 

Never EVER did I say totally depend on defensive stops, the offense needs to play to its strength which appears to be the passing game. It gives the players a chance to win that’s all you can do put them in the position to win. Just sick of all the negativity. 

If AU goes "air raid" and fails to move the ball, uga's run game will dominate and AU will get whipped. Have to be somewhat balanced here. Plus uga's DL will tee off on Stidham. AU pass blocking in a absolute embarrassment to pass blocking. 

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Never EVER did I say totally depend on defensive stops, the offense needs to play to its strength which appears to be the passing game. It gives the players a chance to win that’s all you can do put them in the position to win. Just sick of all the negativity. 

“Auburn’s defense is quite capable of shutting down UGAs offense”

In what world? That’s putting the onus on the defense to do something that no team in America has done yet. That was my point.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:16 PM, ChltteTiger said:

Or will he waste 3 quarters trying to establish the run?

If history is any indicator, it will be the latter.

Whats the latest on the booster's buyout progress..

Given where our talent, our play makers, our strengths, and our weaknesses lie, an aggressive, quick, short passing game (more West Coast Offense than Air Raid) is what is needed.

In the running game, we should consider more traditional power plays (power, counter, and sweep) and fewer inside zone running plays. Our OL cannot execute zone blocking effectively. That also means ditching most of the inside zone based RPOs.

We should go NASCAR, substitute less, and stick with one RB for all three downs where we can. Hopefully Boobie will be healthy.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If AU goes "air raid" and fails to move the ball, uga's run game will dominate and AU will get whipped. Have to be somewhat balanced here. Plus uga's DL will tee off on Stidham. AU pass blocking in a absolute embarrassment to pass blocking. 

Well, I don’t know if you watched the game last week but we had 19 total yards of rushing. Good luck with that call for balance.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well, I don’t know if you watched the game last week but we had 19 total yards of rushing. Good luck with that call for balance.

The Draw has arguably been our most effective run play this season. Using plays like draws and screens can take advantage of over pursuit. Problem is I expect UGA to play zone and rush 4 most of the time to keep us from being able to lean on the misdirection/screens/draws. 

We dont have to go air raid, but just throwing more on first down in the first half would be nice. Idk what to expect. Just hope the players come out and play well/resilient. 

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Our pass blocking is much better than our run blocking. Sadly, that doesn't mean we pass block well. We better air it out.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:30 PM, PoetTiger said:

Lol...gotta be careful ...if it’s incomplete on first down, you are facing second and 10. If it’s a first down pass it has to be a high % type pass...regardless we need to make 1st down a positive yardage down, IDC if it’s a fumble rooski  or annexation of Puerto Rico..

not sure i agree here. the thing about passing is if you don't get it on 1st, you can pass again on second and third if you need to.

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

not sure i agree here. the thing about passing is if you don't get it on 1st, you can pass again on second and third if you need to.

Yes and teams are expecting it too. So they will be ready. If you pass on first it has to be a high % type pass...that will shorten the down and distance. Auburn gets in major trouble when they are staring at 3rd and a 8 or 9....

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes and teams are expecting it too. So they will be ready. If you pass on first it has to be a high % type pass...that will shorten the down and distance. Auburn gets in major trouble when they are staring at 3rd and a 8 or 9....

BINGO. We we come out 4 wide I may have a heart attack. 

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Yep, Stidham's arm is going to have to win this game for us if we have any chance at all. They have to design a game plan around Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, Ryan Davis, Darius Slayton and Stidham's passing strengths. They need to take into account our OL blocking and get creative in the quick release routes. Always give Stidham a check off and safety valve of some kind. The perfect example if this is the game plan Washington State used on us in 2013. The dumbest game plan will be to try and go run heavy given the run blocking of this OL.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:04 PM, TAYLORKEETON said:

I firmly believe one issue is the lack of reads & routes used. The announcer even pointed out at one point during our game, on a big 3rd down we only had TWO reads. I’m watching the WSU & just the QB’s demeanors are so didffent. Gardner Minshew is bouncing around the pocket, progressing through reads. It’s obvious he has like 3-5 passing options every play. Sometimes it seems Stidham looks one way, & if it’s not open he’s running around. We need more route options/new concepts for our receivers. 

It’s Division One Football!

It’s Gus Malzahn!

It ain’t the NFL!

We got a win over Washington! We got a win over Arkansas! We got a win over Ole Miss! We got a win over A&M! That’s four wins! And we got one to two reads that beat them all! That’s probably more wins and reads than you guys get!

And we’re a little bummed out we don’t see more than two reads and four wins?

Go watch the NFL brother.

Go watch the NFL.

5 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

It’s Division One Football!

It’s Gus Malzahn!

It ain’t the NFL!

We got a win over Washington! We got a win over Arkansas! We got a win over Ole Miss! We got a win over A&M! That’s four wins! And we got one to two reads that beat them all! That’s probably more wins and reads than you guys get!

And we’re a little bummed out we don’t see more than two reads and four wins?

Go watch the NFL brother.

Go watch the NFL.

You're happy with 4 wins this year? I think Nebraska might have 4 wins by now please go hang out on their fan board.

Archived