What a horrible place to be

cole256

It's like you know we need to make a change, but can never want your team to lose.....happy to win. But sort of disgusted at the super celebratingat beating a&m. Disgusted at the answer of Gus saying difference of offenseat the end of the game was JS had more options....

I said at the beginning of the year our strength on offense was our wr's. Our talent level there was outstanding. You have a capable QB with heisman hype and an o line that's not good at run blocking and a bunch of new hb's.....and you still didn't cultivate a pass game this year. 

I hope the players can show their athleticism going forward and still get looks to continue their dreams despite being let down going forward.

The most disappointing thing out of this is the board's Gus task force will use those two drives to try to vindicate Gus being a good coach for another week...👍

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's like you know we need to make a change, but can never want your team to lose.....happy to win. But sort of disgusted at the super celebratingat beating a&m. Disgusted at the answer of Gus saying difference of offenseat the end of the game was JS had more options....

I definitely feel your pain @cole256. It’s incredibly frustrating to be an AU fan these days. We should be gearing up for a collossal meeting with UGA with playoffs on the line. But we’re not. And that’s where I have changed as a fan. I’m celebrating the win big time. But not for beating TAMU. I’m celebrating for players like Deshaun Davis who got to leave Jordan-Hare yesterday with a big win. I love the championship runs, the Heisman years, and the big Iron Bowl wins. But when those aren’t there, I make it about the players. The UT loss cemented my feelings that Gus has to go, but it wont be me or you who makes that call. Our players deserve a better coach than who they’ve got. Until Greene and Leath make a change, I’m all in on supporting these players, and that includes celebrating every success they have. WDE anyways!

B0EF9664-DAE1-43E5-A605-8A94132A1BCB.png

It doesn’t change anything for me as far as trusting Gus to get us where we want to be, but I’m really trying to savor this win.  That was an incredible comeback!  And I had the pleasure of attending it in person with my dad and two of my sons.  The most exciting Auburn game I ever attended was 2004 LSU, but this one will rank up there pretty high for me just because of the circumstances surrounding it.  

Living in Charlotte,  I can usually only make it to 1 game a year.  I’m sure glad it was this one in 2018.

definitely feel your pain @cole256. It’s incredibly frustrating to be an AU fan these days.

not sure how long you have been a fan or watching AU football, but this is typically our MO.    Even the greatest year ever was surrounded by controversy.   

In the unlikely but possible event we (for the second season in a row) beat 2 top 5 teams in our final 3 reg season games...or even 1... it will be no doubt be "they'd already quilaified for sec title game so werent motivated so I ain't givin' gus nothin' on that!" I mean since everybody's already made up their mind and nothing can change it. 

44 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

It's ok to crossover to the dark side.  We have cookies. 

never.gif

No. Enough with this overly negative crap. We just beat a top 25 team with calls going in their favor all game. The fan backlash from the LSU loss sucked the wind out of the team, and they’ve had to turn their season around in the midst of flaky fan support and the sports media telling them their worthless. You all know nothing about human behavior. How about we quit b****ing and start supporting the team for a change...

Flaky freakin fans...

Just now, AUFriction said:

You guys don’t understand human behavior at all...

Enlighten us oh grand poobah of human behavior. Please lay upon us the great knowledge you have, that you might bestow upon us this higher understanding of the human condition that has somehow eluded us mere mortals on a sacred football message board.

6 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

You guys don’t understand human behavior at all...

You need to let go of the you have a grand understanding of things that others can't comprehend. Or either do something to make people agree with you. Otherwise it's just fake

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Enlighten us oh grand poobah of human behavior. Please lay upon us the great knowledge you have, that you might bestow upon us this higher understanding of the human condition that has somehow eluded us mere mortals on a sacred football message board.

PhD in Psychology and have published papers on human motivation.

The circumstances of this season are really not surprising given the ridiculous expectations of the fans and how pooorly we reacted to the LSU loss.

I first attended Auburn in 1973.  I have been through good years and bad years of Auburn Football.  Here is what I have learned:

1.  There will be good years and bad years.  That is the nature of football.  My Gator and Seminole fans can confirm this.

2.  Enjoy each victory forever.  

3.  Let each defeat go by lunch on Sunday.

4. If the quality of your daily existence on a day-to-day or year-to year basis is controlled by Auburn football,  your priorities are out of whack.

5.  Observe how the players handle victory and defeat.  If they are humble in victory and they go back and strive to improve themselves and their teammates whether they won or lost, you are watching Auburn players of whom you should be proud.  This is what sports teaches us. 

6.  The most important Auburn moment for me is Pat Dye after the Tennessee defeat: 

War Eagle forever!

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You need to let go of the you have a grand understanding of things that others can't comprehend. Or either do something to make people agree with you. Otherwise it's just fake

What do you expect me to do? Post research articles on here? Write a paper that supports my position? It’s a forum. 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Our players deserve a better coach than who they’ve got.

That's an interesting observation but I'm betting the players are quite happy with the coaches they have.  There might be some grumbling from those not getting what they consider "fair playing time"....but I doubt that a coaching change would be cheered by the vast majority of the team.  

Fans outside of the locker room talk pretty casually about firing coaches but the players who work with those coaches every day, know their families, sometimes look at them as father figures, and came to Auburn because of them ?    I expect they are not eager to see any of their coaches dismissed.   Of course it's business and the players know that but it's not easy for them.   In other situations where coaches have been fired I've seen and heard untold numbers of guys crying because they felt they had let their coaches down. 

So they "deserve" new coaches? …..not so sure I agree with that ..JMO but likely some fans are more eager for change (that does not affect them personally) than are players who end up dealing with it. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

What do you expect me to do? Post research articles on here? Write a paper that supports my position? It’s a forum. 

No, just motivate us to be positive.  Scolding ain't gonna work doc.

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The circumstances of this season are really not surprising given the ridiculous expectations of the fans and how pooorly we reacted to the LSU loss.

Man!! We got our very own PhD in the house!!! To tell us that WE had unrealistic expectations in YEAR SIX of a coach’s tenure! 

Thanks doc! I feel better now. 

Now if you could write us a quick paper on why people feel the need to defend crap coaches on a message board...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

That's an interesting observation but I'm betting the players are quite happy with the coaches they have.  There might be some grumbling from those not getting what they consider "fair playing time"....but I doubt that a coaching change would be cheered by the vast majority of the team.  

Fans outside of the locker room talk pretty casually about firing coaches but the players who work with those coaches every day, know their families, sometimes look at them as father figures, and came to Auburn because of them ?    I expect they are not eager to see any of their coaches dismissed.   Of course it's business and the players know that but it's not easy for them.   In other situations where coaches have been fired I've seen and heard untold numbers of guys crying because they felt they had let their coaches down. 

So they "deserve" new coaches? …..not so sure I agree with that ..JMO but likely some fans are more eager for change (that does not affect them personally) than are players who end up dealing with it. :dunno:

I’m shocked! Shocked I tell ya! 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cole you know good and damn well we need these more educated types like him and 64 and Mikey and all the highly enlightened folks to tell us little peons what’s what. Just support the coach Cole! We’re Auburn for god’s sake! We shouldn’t have expectations!

No I expect you to at LEAST post something with some sort of logic to support anything that you say that leads you to believe you are more qualified or have a greater understanding than everybody else.

The only post I remember from you is where you tried to say you are different because you come from a technical background....and I told you no you're not different because of that because I have a technical background as well and your feelings were hurt. 

But you're right it is a forum, so write something to show you know what you're talking about as opposed to always falling back on you guys can't understand like me 🙄

40 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

So the reason Auburn is horrible is because we fans expected too much of them? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Edit: No offense by the way. But still, that is very illogical

Archived