Auburn opens +13.5....

BJCrawford

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

All we have to is execute.

We will get executed alright. Unless we figure out real quick how to play more than 8 mins of offense AND stop a powerful run game we will be lucky to cover the spread. If UGA plays anything like they did against UK we will have a tough uphill battle. Their run game was incredible. 

If we play like we did this weekend (not the last 5 minutes) we will lose by 4 touchdowns. 

GA is home for the first time in a month. They are playing a rival who they have beaten at home for the past decade. They are on a role while we are struggling. Plus they can run it and we seem to have trouble with that all of the sudden  

It will get ugly. 

It's time again for Amen Corner! Folks let me tell you, I've been on and off the bus so many times this past year, I don't even know what stop I'm on anymore. But regardless of my ambivalence toward the coaching staff, you just can't keep a sunshine pumper from pumping.

Am I upset about that Auburn isn't in the national title contention this year? Of course. But for perspective, before the 2014 season getting into the BCS title game was a more difficult task especially if you weren't a media darling. It wasn't as easy as, "just win the conference championship and we'll get into the playoff." I believe we have forgotten in some ways what it was like when the reasonable measure of a good season was to beat Bama and Georgia and a great season was winning the conference. Beyond that, national title opportunities relied so much on luck.

The success of the turds and the mutts have definitely skewed our expectations especially in today's football climate because Auburn now stands as one the last deterrent between our rivals and a national title shot. Even worse, sometimes you can still beat both of them just to still watch them play in the title game.

To reel in my point though, I believe that bragging rights should be Auburn's first priority. The championships will sort themselves out. But the sweetest sound throughout the southeast (second to "war eagle" of course) is the sound of silence. I would trade every championship trophy and title in the books if it means a win over Bama and Georgia.

Auburn has a chance to spoil everything for these two schools. So I will be sending every good vibe in my soul for this to happen and I hope that my Auburn Family would join me in doing the same!

Not so fast my friends. I think our defense comes back roaring after a sub-par performance last week and finally Gustavo wakes up and decides to run the wide open HUNH again. I am not a betting man but Auburn covers this week and perhaps even wins the game.

:wareagle:

This uga team is not that good.  They are definitely beatable.  

However, what they are good at is gashing defenses with big running plays.  We have been very susceptible to that lately.  And Swift is, well...swift!  When he gets loose, it’s 6!  I also can’t see uga having a problem with our anemic offense.  

uga will get smoked in the SECCG.  But I can’t envision a scenario in which we walk out of Athens with a W.  I also see uga covering the spread.  I would love to be wrong here! 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

All we have to is execute.

Hey, I’m as done with Gus as coach as the next guy, but let’s not go too far...

This games depends on which offensive line shows up. The one for the first 50 mins against A&M, it wont be close enough for a comeback. The one that showed up for the last 8:40, and we send the pups home with thier tittle hoping tails between their legs.i think our defense will show up mad and hold their end up. War Eagle!!

They are better coached and have talent in different places than us.  I dont think we pull it out but ill be watching and yelling at the TV all the same 

Auburn opens as 2-score underdog at Georgia, not favored for 1st time all season

Updated Nov 4, 4:04 PM; Posted Nov 4, 4:03 PM

Georgia's D'Andre Swift breaks off a long touchdown in last year's SEC Championship Game against Auburn. The two teams will meet for the first time since that game on Saturday in Athens, Ga. (Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

6 shares

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com

tgreen@al.com

For the first time this season, Auburn will not be favored when it takes the field.

Auburn opened as a 13 1/2-point underdog for the latest installment of The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry against No. 5 Georgia, according to VegasInsider.com. The Tigers, who were favored in each of their first nine games this season, travel to Sanford Stadium on Saturday for a 6 p.m. CT time kick, with the game broadcast on ESPN.

Georgia leads the all-time series, 58-56-8, and won the most recent meeting between the two longtime rivals. The schools met twice last season, with Auburn dominated then-No. 1 Georgia 40-17 at Jordan-Hare Stadium last season before the Bulldogs got their revenge three weeks later in the SEC Championship Game, when they clinched a College Football Playoff berth and eliminated the Tigers from CFP consideration with a 28-7 win in Atlanta.

Auburn (6-3, 3-3 SEC) is coming off a thrilling, come-from-behind win against then-No. 20 Texas A&M, while Georgia (8-1, 6-1) clinched the SEC East title on Saturday with a 34-17 win against Kentucky.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

Archived