Auburn opens +13.5....

BJCrawford

I love that our players have the "our best football is yet to come' attitude, but anyone who understands the game also understands that nothing broken for 9 weeks is fixed in 1 week.  I dread the last two SEC games.

I don't see Georgia blowing us out this time. Not sure why I feel that way but I think we keep it close. If we do lose by 14 it'll be because they get a last drive TD to cover it.

As far as Bama goes.. it depends on whether or not Tua is still healthy. With him they win out. Without him they lose.

Just to point out we have played two common opponents UT and LSU . No need to rehash the UT we played about as bad as we could possibly play. But LSU whipped uga bad 36-16 and we lost on a last second field goal that shouldn’t have happened. That said, if Gus just won’t lose his mind and let the offense turn loose, I really think we can win in Athens. My guess for the week is we pull away at the end and beat the pups in Athens.FWIW

17 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

If we play like we did this weekend (not the last 5 minutes) we will lose by 4 touchdowns. 

GA is home for the first time in a month. They are playing a rival who they have beaten at home for the past decade. They are on a role while we are struggling. Plus they can run it and we seem to have trouble with that all of the sudden  

It will get ugly. 

Everything you said PLUS I think they are still sore over what happened in Auburn last November. Sure they beat Auburn in ATL a few weeks later but UGA felt humiliated and disrespected in Jordan-Hare. They don't just want to win this one. They want revenge and I wouldn't be surprised to see them run up the score as much as they can, then play Souljah Boy and dance to their hearts' delights long before the final gun sounds. 

38 minutes ago, Scribe Tiger said:

Everything you said PLUS I think they are still sore over what happened in Auburn last November. Sure they beat Auburn in ATL a few weeks later but UGA felt humiliated and disrespected in Jordan-Hare. They don't just want to win this one. They want revenge and I wouldn't be surprised to see them run up the score as much as they can, then play Souljah Boy and dance to their hearts' delights long before the final gun sounds. 

I agree. If you look at how we are playing, I see no way we can win this game.  They are not as good as last year, but they better team and this is their biggest home game of the season... a revenge game at night. If we can stay within a few tds it will be a testament to the team. 

I think if Gus let's Stidham and the WRs loose, we can win this game. That's probably not going to happen, but Stidham is at his best when he is airing it out. 

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think if Gus let's Stidham and the WRs loose, we can win this game. That's probably not going to happen, but Stidham is at his best when he is airing it out. 

I understand that reasoning and see where its slim hope is born. If UGA manages to take away his throwing lanes on quick passes, Auburn is done. The line hasn't shown the consistency for run blocking or providing time to pass. 

59 minutes ago, Scribe Tiger said:

I understand that reasoning and see where its slim hope is born. If UGA manages to take away his throwing lanes on quick passes, Auburn is done. The line hasn't shown the consistency for run blocking or providing time to pass. 

I think that would be hard to do, while also completely shutting down Boobie and Shivers. They need to make Georgia respect Stidhams passing ability, before they move to the run. That's my opinion. I just think if Gus found a way to use the pass to set up the run, Georgia wouldn't know what to do. We have too many weapons on the field to cover them all. It's just a matter of using them to compliment each other.

Archived