Iron bowl on CBS

Ber798297

7 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

The last two times you celebrated your daughter's eighth birthday was in 2010 and 2013? Are you a family of time travelers? 

Cool story

14 hours ago, jAUSon said:
14 hours ago, AU-24 said:

What is the latest technology where I can listen to Auburn announcers while watching the game? I will not listen to Gary for another iron bowl, I just won’t!

Takes effort. The Auburn network streaming through "Tunein" can be paused. If tunein is ahead of the cable, there's your answer. There's also other ways. Trouble is you have to re-sync every now and then, both broadcasts add their own random delays.

That's how I do it.  And yes you will have to re-sync from time but its SO worth it.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I feel like I have to say this every year. Gary is NOT against Auburn. He is also NOT a west vance fan. Dude is FROM DETROIT, MICHIGAN for goodness sakes!!! He went to effin Purdue. What loyalty and WHY?! would he have to bama? He gushes over them because well frankly they are a dynasty and they have been that damn good since 2008.  He is just reacting to the obvious. And for us unfortunately that is the enemy to the west of us being dominant.

I agree.  #1, you're right.  Bammer is dominant and every body in sports media gushes on the front runner.  See: Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc... It'll change back to tOSU or USC etc once bammer finally fades.  #2, I'm sure they're instructed by CBS to prop up the cash cow.  Not his fault.  #3, I think Verne WAS anti-Auburn (pro-Georgia actually) and a lot of ire for him rubbed off on Danielson.  I don't really mind him with Nessler.  They're a solid team IMO.  I just don't like listening to them when Auburn sucks.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree.  #1, you're right.  Bammer is dominant and every body in sports media gushes on the front runner.  See: Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc... It'll change back to tOSU or USC etc once bammer finally fades.  #2, I'm sure instructed by CBS to prop up the cash cow.  Not his fault.  #3, I think Verne WAS anti-Auburn (pro-Georgia actually) and a lot of ire for him rubbed off on Danielson.  I don't really mind him with Nessler.  They're a solid team IMO.  I just don't like listening to them when Auburn sucks.

Co Sign that. I will take it a step further. I do not like COLLEGE FOOTBALL at all in its entirety when AU sucks. Au not being good messes up my whole enjoyment of the sport as a whole.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Co Sign that. I will take it a step further. I do not like COLLEGE FOOTBALL at all in its entirety when AU sucks. Au not being good messes up my whole enjoyment of the sport as a whole.

I've found that the apathy Gus has created in me has made it easy to enjoy other good football.  The only time I get sick is when they gush on bammer other thUga so like Bob Segar said (and Metallica perfected) I "Turn the Page".

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I've found that the apathy Gus has created in me has made it easy to enjoy other good football.  The only time I get sick is when they gush on bammer other thUga so like Bob Segar said (and Metallica perfected) I "Turn the Page".

The apathy Gus has created in me has made it easier than ever to turn to my favorite AU coach of all time in any sport and be ready for basketball! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL! WOOOOO LETS GO TONIGHT BABY!!!! lol.

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The apathy Gus has created in me has made it easier than ever to turn to my favorite AU coach of all time in any sport and be ready for basketball! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL! WOOOOO LETS GO TONIGHT BABY!!!! lol.

Never a big round ball fan (since I was never good at it) but I am interested in seeing how AU does.  I'm just not knowledgeable in the nuances of the game like I an football & baseball (since I was decent at those sports).

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I feel like I have to say this every year. Gary is NOT against Auburn. He is also NOT a west vance fan. Dude is FROM DETROIT, MICHIGAN for goodness sakes!!! He went to effin Purdue. What loyalty and WHY?! would he have to bama? He gushes over them because well frankly they are a dynasty and they have been that damn good since 2008.  He is just reacting to the obvious. And for us unfortunately that is the enemy to the west of us being dominant.

I had to mute the LSU/Bama game several times Sat night because Gary was either gushing over Devin White's return and Aranda's defense or he was carrying on about every uat player on offense/defense.  He talked about his playing days like anyone cares and then his "11th Man" drivel was just stupid.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree.  #1, you're right.  Bammer is dominant and every body in sports media gushes on the front runner.  See: Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc... It'll change back to tOSU or USC etc once bammer finally fades.  #2, I'm sure they're instructed by CBS to prop up the cash cow.  Not his fault.  #3, I think Verne WAS anti-Auburn (pro-Georgia actually) and a lot of ire for him rubbed off on Danielson.  I don't really mind him with Nessler.  They're a solid team IMO.  I just don't like listening to them when Auburn sucks.

Lundquist was just bad at his job. He should have retired years ago. 

Part of it was likely due to their directors and producers. The approach to calling games is different than it used to be. 

There was a guy named Stephen Barnett whose YouTube channel was absolutely packed with hundreds of vintage college games going back to the 1960s. Sadly, YouTube took it down after too many threats from attorneys about copyright infringement. His Auburn channel alone was masterful. In looking at a game from the 1980s a while back, I found one where Lundquist was the play-by-play announcer and you wouldn't have recognized him because his style was so much better. He was efficient, focused and professional. 

Nowadays, the productions are about the announcers as much as the game itself. You hear it in their endless tangential palaver, rambling on about things that have a lot to do with their lives and not the game. They think they're the stars, not the players and coaches. 

One of the beautiful things about listening to Pat Sumrall work NFL games was how content he was with pauses. He knew the images and sounds of the stadium and game provided something he couldn't. There were no shots of him and the color man dancing in the booth, or their drivel about the best bundt cake they ever had. 

In the last decade of his career, Lundquist seemed to be as amused and entertained with himself and Danielson as he was the game. Accordingly, he must have felt compelled to share it. 

50 minutes ago, Scribe Tiger said:

Lundquist was just bad at his job. He should have retired years ago. 

Part of it was likely due to their directors and producers. The approach to calling games is different than it used to be. 

There was a guy named Stephen Barnett whose YouTube channel was absolutely packed with hundreds of vintage college games going back to the 1960s. Sadly, YouTube took it down after too many threats from attorneys about copyright infringement. His Auburn channel alone was masterful. In looking at a game from the 1980s a while back, I found one where Lundquist was the play-by-play announcer and you wouldn't have recognized him because his style was so much better. He was efficient, focused and professional. 

Nowadays, the productions are about the announcers as much as the game itself. You hear it in their endless tangential palaver, rambling on about things that have a lot to do with their lives and not the game. They think they're the stars, not the players and coaches. 

One of the beautiful things about listening to Pat Sumrall work NFL games was how content he was with pauses. He knew the images and sounds of the stadium and game provided something he couldn't. There were no shots of him and the color man dancing in the booth, or their drivel about the best bundt cake they ever had. 

In the last decade of his career, Lundquist seemed to be as amused and entertained with himself and Danielson as he was the game. Accordingly, he must have felt compelled to share it. 

I wondered what happened to that Barnett channel.  It was fantastic!  Sad what money does...and prevents.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

No one is saying he’s inherently biased (I hope) but it’s disgusting how little relative praise he gives to the opponent. Not everyone who plays Alabama is a 40 pt underdog who does nothing well (2017 Auburn comes to mind) who is only hoping for a prayer 

Despite the rivalry I think they will be looking ahead to the SECCG and we will be fired up and keep it closer than most of their other games.  

21 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Despite the rivalry I think they will be looking ahead to the SECCG and we will be fired up and keep it closer than most of their other games.  

After last year I don't believe Saban will allow them to look ahead. 

For all you WalMart fans this will be the best time to go since there will be absolutely no bammers there! You can walk through the entire store with your Auburn gear on and not have to hear even one Row-Tahd. 

image.png

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, keesler said:

I had to mute the LSU/Bama game several times Sat night because Gary was either gushing over Devin White's return and Aranda's defense or he was carrying on about every uat player on offense/defense.  He talked about his playing days like anyone cares and then his "11th Man" drivel was just stupid.

why exactly did you watch it. There were other better games on, never watch updyke tv. Other than when they play Auburn I haven't watched a uat football game in ten years.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:20 PM, Ber798297 said:

surprise surprise 

The announcers are going to lose No-Nut-November.

Always odd to me my Bama friends complain about CBS announcers being against them... baffling how biases can even alter hearing

On 11/7/2018 at 4:21 PM, gr82be said:

After last year I don't believe Saban will allow them to look ahead. 

They will win by as much as Saban feels like winning. He could probably name the score before the game. Any thoughts to the contrary are foolish. 

Archived