South Alabama (Preview/Review)

JwgreDeux

One thing I meant to mention about our line up rotations: our worst stint of the game was with about 6 minutes left in the first half with Dunbar at the four and Spencer at the five. Didn’t like that look, will be watching to see if we see that again. 

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep..as you suggested...not much to learn tonight but nice to see the good shooting...and wondering who gives up playing time when AW and DP are back ?

I learned one thing....chumma is the most talented player on our roster

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Dunbar has a future in TV. Dude is always the start of these social media posts and you can just tell that he shines in front of the camera. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He looked great. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I like this because it agrees with my previous post, lol. Dude is a stud. So, a validation for my post and a coveted “like” for yours: win-win.

5 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Depends on what you mean by best. We need him to be Mr. Consistent. He certainly has skills that no one else brings to the 4 spot. I don’t see him taking over games the way that Harper can, but he is the key to floor spacing that allows everyone else to flourish. 

Example: if he couldn’t shoot the three so well his man could sag off of him when he is extended at the three point line. That would severely hamper the high pick and roll with McLemore setting the screen and diving to the rim. Okeke gets no stats for that, but that is a benefit of a stretch 4.

Best as in the best player on the team. And it's not even close as far as I see. 

I learned:

mclemore is way more recovered than I dreamed he could be.

doughty didn’t look as though he was ever hurt.

Dunbar and spencer are great team guys.

mccormick is freakishly fast

youll win a lot of games with 20+ assists

whoever is in charge of strength and conditioning deserves an attaboy!

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Best as in the best player on the team. And it's not even close as far as I see. 

Incredible luxury for us to have, several top talent options when thinking about who is the best. 

5 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Incredible luxury for us to have, several top talent options when thinking about who is the best. 

still think Harper is the best player on the team. Okeke may be the most talented. This team goes as far as Harper takes it though

I didn’t even recognize Okeke when they came out! He has transformed his body since last year, and he looked thinner and more explosive to me.

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

still think Harper is the best player on the team. Okeke may be the most talented. This team goes as far as Harper takes it though

I agree, Harper has a gift for those lob passes. He makes them look really easy but the timing has to be perfect to hit those pick and roll lobs. Not many point guards that can distribute like he can and when you throw in his ability to stretch the D with those long 3s you have a pretty special player. Being able to keep it going when he has a big and quick defender on him is the step I hope he can take this season. He has the quickness to do it.

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

I didn’t even recognize Okeke when they came out! He has transformed his body since last year, and he looked thinner and more explosive to me.

And a new number.  Had to double take. Haha. He looks to have taken CBP words to heart about being aggressive. 

Archived