Gus to be the Auburn f'ball coach next season per Allen Greene

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Greene said what he had to, and had nothing to do with Double Bubble's ridiculous contract extension.

The sample size is small so far but I am becoming a fan of AD Greene. He pushed back against Leath regarding CBP and won. He's taking action on our extremely difficult end of year football schedule and he played the media perfectly regarding our current HFC. I like the direction he appears to be taking the athletic department.

Said what he had to say? LOL, is that the excuse?

Forgive me for finding so much humor in this, but it’s just funny reading your comments. I spent a couple months trying to convince you guys that Jay Jacobs had nothing to do with Gus’s contract, and y’all just wouldn’t believe me. Then when BSPN and the SEC network started discussing it, that Jay Jacobs contract conversation just went away and Pres Leath then became the Gus contract bad/fall guy. 

I really don’t mean anything offensively, I just find it all hilarious!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Agree 100%!

Greene & his contingent know the fan base will be at a fever pitch come midnight on Saturday - then we get cupcake Liberty - then face the King of the hill in their house for the IB.  It's not going to be pleasant for the next 4-5 weeks as we watch our 2 most hated rivals go head to head again for a championship and go to war for a CFP spot.

Greene had to come out now during UGA week to give a show of support because the results of these top two rivalry games are likely to be ugly.  The media/radio talking heads/newspapers/message boards, etc. will crucify CGM/Leath/the AU PTB, they will spout off his record, point to his ludicrous salary/buyout and laugh. Recruits & their parents will stand witness to just how nasty things can get and the negative recruiting started a month ago.    

So Greene did some preventive maintenance, in an attempt to stabilize the rough waters ahead, help retain the recruiting class, in an attempt calm the fan base for the future and ease the rumors that have been running wild for the last 4 weeks.  Now when the 'ish hits the fan as we get into the home stretch of Amen Corner the fans can raise hell and break out the tar/feathers and it will all be for naught - because CGM is safe and secured as the "Coach of the Future."  He has the support of Auburn and he's going to be here for a while, like it or not.

Excellent commonsense post! Superb, thank you for posting! We probably don’t agree 100% on everything, but I wish more people had your mindset.

tough crowd lol. i post sunshine stuff so i thought the gus haters would want to read an article basically saying what a bunch of gus haters say on here every day.  i just post stuff for the forum and not because i personally agree with it. fair is fair right? and i will give a like or three if someone comments but i seldom post an article to discuss it. i just do it for mad love for all you guys............lol.

11 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You mean lobbing hand grenades on a bammer rag and watching the clicks crank up isn't your idea of crack journalism?

What a bull**** article.  Their standard of accountability is what, a brick through Gus's window?

how is that any worse than what the gus haters say here on a daily basis? i am serious. we had a cat wanting gus to die. one wanting to hire a PI to dig up dirt. AND we got cats wanting the team to fail to get rid of gus. so explain to me why it is ok on here? the only difference i see is auburn fans bashing and wanting terrible things to happen to gus because they cannot stand him and want him gone. i assume the other is some cat making a living. and trust me the al.com site is a pain but there are few choices to get auburn football articles that are not just rehashes of previously released articles. anyway i take the time to post articles so a like for my troubles is much appreciated. hate the content if you want to but reward the affort. have a good one guys.......

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Said what he had to say? LOL, is that the excuse?

Forgive me for finding so much humor in this, but it’s just funny reading your comments. I spent a couple months trying to convince you guys that Jay Jacobs had nothing to do with Gus’s contract, and y’all just wouldn’t believe me. Then when BSPN and the SEC network started discussing it, that Jay Jacobs contract conversation just went away and Pres Leath then became the Gus contract bad/fall guy. 

I really don’t mean anything offensively, I just find it all hilarious!

What else could he say? A "No comment" or "Everything will be evaluated after the season" leaves too much twisting in the wind. As much as I want him gone, Gustav wasn't going to be fired after guaranteeing a 7 win season by beating TAMU.

Jacobs had a long list of things I think he failed at but, the extension wasn't on him. That's on Leath.

26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

And the entertainment continues! Man, Greenes support must hurt you so bad. 

Sorry dude but life goes on, the sun will come up tomorrow.

You know what it's my bad....I really don't even know what you're talking about so I shouldn't have wrote. You're a special kind of crazy. The fan in fanatic

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You know what it's my bad....I really don't even know what you're talking about so I shouldn't have wrote. You're a special kind of crazy. The fan in fanatic

It’s all good man. I truly hope someday you get the help you desperately need.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

It’s all good man. I truly hope someday you get the help you desperately need.

Lol. No sis/bro crazy is your reputation not mine. You seem to always want to take a shot at my personal life.....that just screams how unhappy you must be with yours. Change your attitude and maybe stuff will start going your way!

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

theres no chance Gus ever loses to Saban by more than maybe 25, just b/c of the rivalry and his own moxie for that game

I would take this bet.  If there is ever a year that it is to happen this is the year.   Their strengths are our weaknesses.  I hope you are right but dang it just does not look good for us in this game.  Our interior  o-line is gonna get destroyed and blow up any rhythm we might be able to get on offense and dual threat QB's have been our weakness.

theres no chance Gus ever loses to Saban by more than maybe 25, just b/c of the rivalry and his own moxie for that game

This year you could eat those words.

If we don't find a running game to help JS run the offense OR if JS is not able to pass if the coaches feel throwing the ball is the only way we can score we will end up like LSU.

the only place we are a little better than LSU is with Stidham. But lSU got shut down AT HOME...against Alabama...

1 hour ago, selias said:

I assume you mean as a HC because in 2011 we got our brains beat in

The general consensus at the time was that the struggles that year were CGC's fault.

So. The talk on SECRant is they have the money to get rid of Gus, but the main target is Neal Brown. Ugh.

But, getting Hugh Freeze as OC would be niiiiiice, and considering Gus staying is the more likely scenario, might as well make the most out of it. I'm just hoping Greene provides him with some incentive to let Freeze do his thing.

I can just see Gus saying....oh yeah? Hold my beer!

I wouldn't put too much money on that way of thinking. You'll  be losing whatever you do this year. I see Stidham sacked more than Croyle was.

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

This year you could eat those words.

If we don't find a running game to help JS run the offense OR if JS is not able to pass if the coaches feel throwing the ball is the only way we can score we will end up like LSU.

the only place we are a little better than LSU is with Stidham. But lSU got shut down AT HOME...against Alabama...

LSU got shut down at home, at night, in front of a rabid home crowd and that home crowd definitely had an affect on Tua & that O. 

The LSU crowd caused Jeudy/Jacobs to miss an assignment and they ran into each other on that sweep on the opening drive.  Tua played the best secondary to date and threw his 1st INT - he over threw several short passes and sailed the ball many times - the uat offense had many lapses of focus and their line had several offsides penalties due to crowd noise as well.  Bama's kicking game was awful and they had half a dozen busted plays that killed 2-3 scoring drives.  With all that, uat beat the #3 team in the country in their house, whipped them in the trenches and shut them out while putting +25 pts on the board.

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. No sis/bro crazy is your reputation not mine. You seem to always want to take a shot at my personal life.....that just screams how unhappy you must be with yours. Change your attitude and maybe stuff will start going your way!

Man, I am so in your head and not even trying or wanting to be there.

Relax man, relax.

Just now, wde1968 said:

I wouldn't put too much money on that way of thinking. You'll  be losing whatever you do this year. I see Stidham sacked more than Croyle was.

That Quintin Williams #92 & his crew will feast like they're going through the buffet line at the Golden Coral.  :'(

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

LSU got shut down at home, at night, in front of a rabid home crowd and that home crowd definitely had an affect on Tua & that O. 

The LSU crowd caused Jeudy/Jacobs to miss an assignment and they ran into each other on that sweep on the opening drive.  Tua played the best secondary to date and threw his 1st INT - he over threw several short passes and sailed the ball many times - the uat offense had many lapses of focus and their line had several offsides penalties due to crowd noise as well.  Bama's kicking game was awful and they had half a dozen busted plays that killed 2-3 scoring drives.  With all that, uat beat the #3 team in the country in their house, whipped them in the trenches and shut them out while putting +25 pts on the board.

100% true!

Anyone listen to Chris Childers on XM 84? If you do you’ve heard his get yourself together segment. His first today was the Auburn fan base and how they need to get themselves together. Basically said what the Auburn fan base wants doesn’t exist ( Saban like coach) and there’s not a better option (paraphrasing). Don’t shoot the messenger but he made our fan base sound like a bunch of whiny babies.

40 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I would take this bet.  If there is ever a year that it is to happen this is the year.   Their strengths are our weaknesses.  I hope you are right but dang it just does not look good for us in this game.  Our interior  o-line is gonna get destroyed and blow up any rhythm we might be able to get on offense and dual threat QB's have been our weakness.

I see it being a shootout. There’s something about this Auburn team that defies logic 

16 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Anyone listen to Chris Childers on XM 84? If you do you’ve heard his get yourself together segment. His first today was the Auburn fan base and how they need to get themselves together. Basically said what the Auburn fan base wants doesn’t exist ( Saban like coach) and there’s not a better option (paraphrasing). Don’t shoot the messenger but he made our fan base sound like a bunch of whiny babies.

Who is Chris Childers? Why should I care what he thinks of the Auburn fan base?

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

Who is Chris Childers? Why should I care what he thinks of the Auburn fan base?

Does a daily sports show on both XM84 and the sec channel.

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I see it being a shootout. There’s something about this Auburn team that defies logic 

Oh they've defied logic alright!  This is one of the poorest olines I've seen, and it's be damn near 2 decades since I've witnessed an AU offense produce less than 20 yrds rushing in a game, but they defied logic and did it 4 days ago.

They've defied logic on the wrong end of the spectrum wouldn't you say?  And that's just the offense, I will never forget Fitz running rough shod over our dline, and losing in JHS to a UT team that hadn't won a conference game in 2 seasons.  :puke:

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

tough crowd lol. i post sunshine stuff so i thought the gus haters would want to read an article basically saying what a bunch of gus haters say on here every day.  i just post stuff for the forum and not because i personally agree with it. fair is fair right? and i will give a like or three if someone comments but i seldom post an article to discuss it. i just do it for mad love for all you guys............lol.

So you're a troll?

34 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

IIRC he said the same thing to the UGA fan base for wanting Richt gone.  He lambasted the PTB of UGA for firing Richt and within the next season praised Kirby as the next Saban. Yep typical talking head. Gotta keep the ratings up.

Archived