Null



TitanTiger

Gus to be the Auburn f'ball coach next season per Allen Greene

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Even if hes gone, would you expect him to say anything different?  

 

He doesn't strike me as the type to just blatantly lie 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




2 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

This public statement officially puts Gus on notice to shape up.

Yep. The AD has given you a vote of confidence for another year, so there should be no excuses next year to get caught with your pants down. Another year with the o line and hopefully new offensive personnel will pave the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

This public statement officially puts Gus on notice to shape up.

I don’t follow what you are saying... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DAG said:

He doesn't strike me as the type to just blatantly lie 

So if the plan is to part ways with Gus at the end of the season you would expect him to state that with 2 rivalry games left?  Thats my point, that will be his answer regardless of what the plan is.  For the record, I think Gus will be back next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that AD Greene made the statement should tell you something.  Why would he have to say something like this if there wasn’t some doubt?  The media will be all over this the last 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

So if the plan is to part ways with Gus at the end of the season you would expect him to state that with 2 rivalry games left?  Thats my point, that will be his answer regardless of what the plan is.  For the record, I think Gus will be back next year.

I don't think he will come out and say he is going to be here next year, only to fire him at the end of the year. If he was going to follow such a plan, he probably wouldn't have said anything at all. I didn't think I would have had to explain that rationale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The fact that AD Greene made the statement should tell you something.  Why would he have to say something like this if there wasn’t some doubt?  The media will be all over this the last 3 weeks.

Evidently, he was getting hammered with a bunch of questions about it from Jay Tate, Brandon Marcello and perhaps other members of the Auburn beat writer corps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I don’t follow what you are saying...

He recognized the poor job our football team has done this year. He called Gus out saying Auburn expects to win more than just a normal program.

Greene:

Quote

You expect (Auburn) to be successful more than a normal team," Greene said. "When that doesn't happen, it's frustrating. We expect more. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure he will be back and we'll have to make some empty "splash" coordinator hire to lipstick up the pig we'll be living with next season. But for Greene, he has to make these statements now after probably our last high point of this season. After UGA and the updykes, it's going to be hard to keep the questions from bleeding onto the recruiting trail otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I don’t follow what you are saying... 

Greene said “he’ll be the coach next year.”  Note that his statement was not open ended...it was one year, with an obvious implication. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this news! War Eagle

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this needed to be said. You can’t fire a guy with a winning record 1 year after a huge raise and buyout. Have to salvage what we can (recruiting) from this freaking pit of dispair we are in. 

And maybe Gus figures out how to make next year not suck so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

 

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

I love this news! War Eagle

Well, at least he hasn't divided the fan base LOL!!!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

 

Well, at least he hasn't divided the fan base LOL!!!

Yeah, I saw that too. Hilarious.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive way for Greene to address the situation.  He somewhat pacified both sides.  The Gus supporters give a sigh of relief knowing that Gus is not going to be fired this year.  The non-supporters know that Gus will be gone if next year is a repeat of this year.  IMO.

  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Impressive way for Greene to address the situation.  He somewhat pacified both sides.  The Gus supporters give a sigh of relief knowing that Gus is not going to be fired this year.  The non-supporters know that Gus will be gone if next year is a repeat of this year.  IMO.

The ultimate divide but at least he tried haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The message is quite clear.  AU will not tolerate this in the future.  

Edited by Mike4AU
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Damn. Greene is good. Real good. I do say I’m getting a man crush on him. He is going to be a stud AD. Well done Allen. 

is this sarcasm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally!  It's settled.  

Gus can now relax and forget about the peons calling for changes in the offense.  

It'll be nice to see the Whirly-bird again...

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

 

"hes proven he can get through adversity"  WTH does this matter?? For $49 mill I would probably be willing to swallow a live slug or much worse. What he hasn't proven is does he have a plan for 2019 that has us playing for an SEC West title in November (not missing out in early October)!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Finally!  It's settled.  

Gus can now relax and forget about the peons calling for changes in the offense.  

It'll be nice to see the Whirly-bird again...

Just think, if Joey gets over his injury, we could see 4 QBs on the field at the same time along with Cox.  Ga won't know what hit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now