Gus to be the Auburn f'ball coach next season per Allen Greene

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, selias said:

Everything will be evaluated after the season" leaves too much twisting in the wind.

Why? That’s the best noncommital answer there is. He could’ve just stuck with his answer from couple weeks ago 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but he made our fan base sound like a bunch of whiny babies.

He’s not wrong. As far as his point in elite coaches not existing though, Saban and Dabo at one point didn’t exist either.

53 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Man, I am so in your head and not even trying or wanting to be there.

Relax man, relax.

Yeah I just wrote on here the other day. Hey everybody what's been up with au24. I know they could really shed light on this situation!

I will listen to any excuse before I listen to keep the flawed coach you have because you're not going to find anything better excuse

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I will listen to any excuse before I listen to keep the flawed coach you have because you're not going to find anything better excuse

Cole, I really think you’re missing your calling. You should seriously consider writing for a living.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

...i take the time to post articles so a like for my troubles is much appreciated. hate the content if you want to but reward the affort. have a good one guys.......

We’ve been over this...I’m on your side, felt like I made that clear the last couple of times. You are the master of posting various and sonetimes obscure articles, many of which I would not have seen otherwise. For that I thank you sincerely, my ire is not directed at you.

As for the difference, I have often felt the strong urge to punch Gus in the throat many times. However, this is an “US” issue  the Updyke’s  and their AL.com media hacks can go eff themselves. Just proves once again that their existence has significant dependence on Auburn footballl. Mine does not.

54 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

So you're a troll?

if you care to look at my avi pic that is my dad in an auburn football uniform. so no i am not a troll. nice try tho scooter.........

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

We’ve been over this...I’m on your side, felt like I made that clear the last couple of times. You are the master of posting various and sonetimes obscure articles, many of which I would not have seen otherwise. For that I thank you sincerely, my ire is not directed at you.

As for the difference, I have often felt the strong urge to punch Gus in the throat many times. However, this is an “US” issue  the Updyke’s  and their AL.com media hacks can go eff themselves. Just proves once again that their existence has significant dependence on Auburn footballl. Mine does not.

yes i know most are not trolls. that is not my issue. my issue is i expect bummers to give auburn all the hell they can. however i did not expect the level of hate from auburn fans smearing the coaches. it is embarrassing. look around. several folks that normally post articles have gotten mad and quit. but i am not attacking anyone i am just letting some of the new folks know where i stand.  i mean i was just accused of being a troll.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Fifty doesn’t do sarcasm well.

i might but how am i supposed to know it is a troll? seriously? i am an old geezer so you might need to draw me a picture with crayons or something and even then i might not get it. and i see no one yet has bothered to like my hard work.

I think there is something to be said about how this "announcement" was made.

It was in a casual setting, not a press conference and it wasn't even something AGreene was trying to do, apparently.

Bryan Matthews, on the Auburn Rundown podcast, said he just approached Greene and kind of was trying to pry some sort of answer out of him regarding the coaching situation. According to the podcast, Greene was surprised the news spread like wildfire (which makes you wonder if he was being coy or just didn't realize the gravity of what he was talking about, which would be a whole other set of issues). So while I'm definitely #TeamGreene I'm not going to give him props for strongly directing the narrative for what's best for AU because, based on what Bryan Matthews said, this wasn't meant to be some attention-grabbing notice to the fanbase or the country about our program.

Edit: Now, I want to add that I'm glad that this turned into a big story if we are going to keep him anyway to keep our recruiting at as high level as possible.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

It was in a casual setting, not a press conference and it wasn't even something AGreene was trying to do, apparently.

Bryan Matthews, on the Auburn Rundown podcast, said he just approached Greene and kind of was trying to pry some sort of answer out of him regarding the coaching situation. According to the podcast, Greene was surprised the news spread like wildfire (which makes you wonder if he was being coy or just didn't realize the gravity of what he was talking about, which would be a whole other set of issues). So while I'm definitely #TeamGreene I'm not going to give him props for strongly directing the narrative for what's best for AU because, based on what Bryan Matthews said, this wasn't meant to be some attention-grabbing notice to the fanbase or the country about our program.

Edit: Now, I want to add that I'm glad that this turned into a big story if we are going to keep him anyway to keep our recruiting at as high level as possible.

Interesting

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i might but how am i supposed to know it is a troll? seriously? i am an old geezer so you might need to draw me a picture with crayons or something and even then i might not get it. and i see no one yet has bothered to like my hard work.

I know, but your reputation is pro-Auburn and some people pick on you for that.  I have in the past and I respect your consistency defending Auburn.  Anybody that’s been around a while knows you’re not a troll.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Interesting

I have to add that Greene initially gave Matthews some bland response and Matthews was not pleased with it. So Greene asked him what he wanted to say, and B-Matt said "give me something that I can write a story about". Then he Greene said what he said.

Soooo...:dunno::dunno:

Just now, Tiger said:

I have to add, that Greene initially gave Matthews some bland response and Matthews was not pleased with it. So Greene asked him what he wanted to say, and B-Matt said "give me something that I can write a story about". Then he Greene said what he said.

We train ADs too apparently.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

We train ADs too apparently.

Yeahhhhhhh....Didn't give me the best feeling about our AD if this is how it went down. As the guys on the podcast said,:

"We aren't in Buffalo anymore"

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I have to add that Greene initially gave Matthews some bland response and Matthews was not pleased with it. So Greene asked him what he wanted to say, and B-Matt said "give me something that I can write a story about". Then he Greene said what he said.

Not being picky, but it was Marcello and Tate asking Greene the questions. 

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

Not being picky, but it was Marcello and Tate asking Greene the questions. 

Ah, my bad. I recently popped my Rundown cherry so I'm still trying to match voices to the names.

Absolutely love the podcast though. Love how the guys who are as close to the program as these guys are are not holding anything back when discussing the program.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know, but your reputation is pro-Auburn and some people pick on you for that.  I have in the past and I respect your consistency defending Auburn.  Anybody that’s been around a while knows you’re not a troll.

i have a ton of haters on here. i quit the politics forum other than a drive by because i was losing aufam friends. and yes i argue hard but i am never on here to make anyone mad. even when i call someone scooter. i mean nothing bad i just like to say it because i love ron white. but for the record i am not happy with gus i just see no need to repeat it over and over.

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Pure speculation here.... but it's possible that the buyout talk was just that.... only talk, and Green knew that. That's why he said the "Gus will be back " comment so off-the-cuff, as in "people don't really think we're firing him and wasting all that money so soon, do they?"

I have been skeptical of the buyout all along. My guess is after the Tenneessee loss, the 'worst case scenario' discussions started about how to raise the money IF the season was to tank like it did in 2012. I think Gus saved himself with the Ole Miss win and all that buyout talk probably died down amongst the top brass, and probably hasn't been talked about since. Just my guess and only trying to piece the puzzle together.

as an aside i read on another site that our university president is on the hot seat and he could be gone soon. all because of the contract gus got. if so maybe it would signal to others not to give away the farm? and el presidente to me is the one folks should be mad at.

53 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Cole, I really think you’re missing your calling. You should seriously consider writing for a living.

You're right where you should be, wearing a tin foil hat while trolling a football board. You hit your mark, you weren't getting anything else out of that noggin of yours. Congrats on reaching your potential.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Your logic makes no sense. Greene only felt the necessity to back Gus as the coach next year. Of course Greene isn’t going to back him after that if he doesn’t have to. Edit: he actually insinuated a long term partnership.

Not sure where your getting your info but that’s not what he said. He said that Auburn was expected to be more than Average. He stated that Malzahn would be the coach in 2019 nothing more. He made it clear that this year’s record was not acceptable to AU standards . Said he understood that we might be young at some positions ( so don’t use it again next year). Again I have seen many coaches that their admin give them glorious reviews and support only to fire them a short time later. He bought some time with the AM win but if he doesn’t vastly improve he will be gone shortly.

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Pro Auburn or pro Gus. I'm just asking because I can't remember too many times I saw anti Auburn people posting on here

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have a ton of haters on here. i quit the politics forum other than a drive by because i was losing aufam friends. and yes i argue hard but i am never on here to make anyone mad. even when i call someone scooter. i mean nothing bad i just like to say it because i love ron white. but for the record i am not happy with gus i just see no need to repeat it over and over.

bless you i am. i know it is a small thing but i love getting like etc.......tells you how exciting my life is..........lol

Archived