Duke Basketball

boisnumber1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA not a very good team....next game will tell us more...and we can work on FTs before then.

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Do we still wanna play these guys early in the season in Maui? Yikes!

Yes because regardless of the outcome it means we will have beaten Xavier in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

USA not a very good team....

No but they aren't as bad as we made them look either. Like Coach Pearl & the players said, we would have beaten a lot of teams last night.

Would love to see AU play Duke. UK doesn’t have the shooters to get into a shootout with Duke but AU does. Wouldn’t surprise me if both teams break 90 pts if AU does get a chance to play them

The Duke freshmen are freshmen, and they will have their fair share of freshmen moments. 

I can't wait to play Kentucky.  I think we're as good as they are, or better.

Absolutely! We will not play a more talented team all year. 3 top 5 NBA draft picks. 5 five stars on their team. The 5th five star they have who reclassified did not even play last night. It is a great measuring stick on where we would stack up in march with the top dawgs WHEN we make a run deep in to March.

ric.gif

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely! We will not play a more talented team all year. 3 top 5 NBA draft picks. 5 five stars on their team. The 5th five star they have who reclassified did not even play last night. It is a great measuring stick on where we would stack up in march with the top dawgs WHEN we make a run deep in to March.

ric.gif

But at the same time we won't be full strength, and when we get to tournament time we will be a different team. But they will be as well

24 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don't think duke would have an answer for Austin. I think Zion would foul out trying to guard him down low

Question is would Austin foul out? He had problems with that prior to his time not being able to play.

34 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don't think duke would have an answer for Austin. I think Zion would foul out trying to guard him down low

Yes I have no doubt you don't think Duke would be a match for us.....you probably think Brown would beat them single handed

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Question is would Austin foul out? He had problems with that prior to his time not being able to play.

Duke has a 7 footer of their own. He wouldn't be matched up with Zion. But if duke is in attack mode and constantly push the envelope then more than likely someone would be in foul trouble. Hell Zion was in foul trouble last night but you still see the damage he did. It would be chumma who would disrupt their offense the most

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

not really sure how Au would choose to guard them. Don't think Austin would be asked to hang with Zion on the perimeter, but I do think Zion might be asked to deal with Austin down low

Wiley is the better pro prospect obviously. BUT Mclemore with the style Bruce likes to play is the much better fit for this team. Wiley would slow us down to a degree and keep us from running as much. We are at our most dangerous when McLemore is starting at the 5. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wiley is the better pro prospect obviously. BUT Mclemore with the style Bruce likes to play is the much better fit for this team. Wiley would slow us down to a degree and keep us from running as much. We are at our most dangerous when McLemore is starting at the 5. 

Depends who we are playing, like in football our best chance to win may be to slow it down. Like Duke for example, I don't see on paper how we could match them up to out run them. That would be to their favor playing their game. But let's see if Zion can post on both sides of the floor. See if Barrett can shoot mid range jumpers, etc.

after what i saw last night....we have never had any team that could match that. I would love to be wrong but that's how this novice sees it.

Wiley ran the floor as well as any big in the sec 2 years ago.  May not mean much against the dukes of the world but Wiley got some easy buckets by running the floor.  There was an interview where he talked about his dad telling him he to do it.

Yes, I want to play them now. Even if Auburn losses, it will be a "good loss" because Duke will be a top 4 team at the end of the season and this would be very early in the season. It won't really count against us in the tourney seeding. It's losses to the likes of Bama and SC and Ole Miss that screw you up. None of those, please.

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm a little concerned about this as well after seeing how we just overwhelmed S Alabama with our quickness. I know it was just S Alabama but when we are shooting like that there are not many teams that can stick with us -- see last year as an example. Love the option we have this year to throw it down low though.

I really think we had the roster to get to the final 4 last year on campus -- yes not everyone was eligible but we are returning a ton of that same talent. Chuma already looks vastly improved from his freshman year and I think that will help mitigate Mustapha's loss as well as with Jelly Purifoy's insertion into the lineup whenever that is.

Archived