Duke Basketball

boisnumber1

7 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Buddy, I’ve got no beef with you. Just think you’re funny. Btw, you’re whole thread on a recruit is based off of you following a recruit’s mom on Facebook. So. Kind of funny.

i believe you actually posted pictures of the kid on his visit from his mom’s Facebook page. That’s really weird

I know the kid, his mom, and his dad. I watched him grow up. I've played basketball with him. You're right I did get it off Facebook because you went to his Twitter and made up all kind of things because he doesn't post on there. 

But no that's not what my thread is based on if you actually look at the dates you can see when he was in 8th grade I was telling everybody how good he was and since he's a legacy how that could maybe be good for us. 

But talking about funny and weird....it's funny how you keep downing a kid you don't know anything about, and weird is you saying a recruit is handsome and you follow his Twitter....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wf.gif

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I know the kid, his mom, and his dad. I watched him grow up. I've played basketball with him. You're right I did get it off Facebook because you went to his Twitter and made up all kind of things because he doesn't post on there. 

But no that's not what my thread is based on if you actually look at the dates you can see when he was in 8th grade I was telling everybody how good he was and since he's a legacy how that could maybe be good for us. 

But talking about funny and weird....it's funny how you keep downing a kid you don't know anything about, and weird is you saying a recruit is handsome and you follow his Twitter....

This is true gotta also love the Sears family except for Arron Sears of course

6 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Buddy, I’ve got no beef with you. Just think you’re funny. Btw, you’re whole thread on a recruit is based off of you following a recruit’s mom on Facebook. So. Kind of funny.

i believe you actually posted pictures of the kid on his visit from his mom’s Facebook page. That’s really weird

Gene I'm all for good debate and the Lord knows @cole256 and I are like oil and water...

But gotta give the dude credit he knows what a good athlete looks like (and I'm not talking their attractiveness), he understands basketball, and is pretty well connected(knowledgeable about players) in North Alabama and most on this board know this.   Cole also knows he comes across as brash but I think he likes that part of it.  

Not saying one person is right or wrong but this is a weird argument.  

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

Gene I'm all for good debate and the Lord knows @cole256 and I are like oil and water...

But gotta give the dude credit he knows what a good athlete looks like (and I'm not talking their attractiveness), he understands basketball, and is pretty well connected(knowledgeable about players) in North Alabama and most on this board know this.   Cole also knows he comes across as brash but I think he likes that part of it.  

Not saying one person is right or wrong but this is a weird argument.  

Well I was attractive back in the day and I'm from North Al. as well...... just saying.......................

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I was attractive back in the day and I'm from North Al. as well...... just saying.......................

Old people can be beautiful... Raquel Welch anyone?  Anyone?

Well, Udub likes to play at a slower pace and run some zone D and has some real height. I think Wiley would normally be a benefit in a game like this. However, he hasn't been able to practice with the team for weeks and he's probably not in top game shape, so I'm not sure how much he can contribute at this point.

36 minutes ago, AURex said:

Well, Udub likes to play at a slower pace and run some zone D and has some real height. I think Wiley would normally be a benefit in a game like this. However, he hasn't been able to practice with the team for weeks and he's probably not in top game shape, so I'm not sure how much he can contribute at this point.

Pearl's plan is 10-15 minutes FWIW.

Duke getting all they want from Army right now. I’m sure they’ll win but this team is not anything close to the unstoppable revel force that the media built them up to be after that UK win. UK is just trash

its 67-61 right now and i know duke is flat after the beatdown that they put on ky, but if they play like this on the island, then..................................................................?

army held their own with them for good while, but all of that talent and depth took its toll...i will say this, army looked like a much better team than kentucky....cal has his work cut out for him this year trying to mesh that group into a team instead of 5 individuals...we can play with duke and if we play as a team and stay out of foul trouble, we got a shot but we have to get by xavier first....are they still coached by that little asshat that was there 2 years ago, i forget his name?

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

army held their own with them for good while, but all of that talent and depth took its toll...i will say this, army looked like a much better team than kentucky....cal has his work cut out for him this year trying to mesh that group into a team instead of 5 individuals...we can play with duke and if we play as a team and stay out of foul trouble, we got a shot but we have to get by xavier first....are they still coached by that little asshat that was there 2 years ago, i forget his name?

They did what I said you would have to do against them. You have to slow them down and make them run a half court offense. Unfortunately we like to push it and that would be playing into their strength. But who knows?

5 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

box.JPG

Pretty insane how little the other players other than the Big 3 are involved. Not sure that's a sustainable model for a championship squad. 

i saw that a while ago on the final stats on gametracker.....lets see how that shakes out next game

23 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i saw that a while ago on the final stats on gametracker.....lets see how that shakes out next game

Everybody accepting their roles....why is that a surprise? That's how the very good Kentucky, North C, Kansas are set up. Where are the rebounding stats? The assists? Jones is the distributor and vital, I imagine the other guy is a big guy who probably rebound and blocks shots....I hope our team is disciplined and know their roles too. 

My bad that wasn't you that said that

30 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

box.JPG

Pretty insane how little the other players other than the Big 3 are involved. Not sure that's a sustainable model for a championship squad. 

That's the model for most championship teams.....

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's the model for most championship teams.....

Okay. I'm just gonna go back to the past 4 national champions in college bball for a comparison.

Right now, those 3 dudes for Duke have scored 158 of the 212 total points that Duke has scored. That's 74.5%

Villanova's championship winning team last year, their top three scorers for the season scored 1999 of hte team's season total of 3463. That's only 58%

UNC's championsip winning team 2 years ago had their top three scorers scored 1790 pts out of the team's total 3377 season total. That's only 53%

The villanova team that one it the year before that. top 3 scorers scored 1661 of the team's total 3118 pts. That's 53%

THe duke team that won it the year before that. Top 3 scorers had 1747 of the team total 3091 pts. That's 57%

SO NO. HAVING THREE DUDES RESPONSIBLE FOR 75% OF YOUR SCORING IS NOT HOW MOST CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS ARE BUILT

20 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Okay. I'm just gonna go back to the past 4 national champions in college bball for a comparison.

Right now, those 3 dudes for Duke have scored 158 of the 212 total points that Duke has scored. That's 74.5%

Villanova's championship winning team last year, their top three scorers for the season scored 1999 of hte team's season total of 3463. That's only 58%

UNC's championsip winning team 2 years ago had their top three scorers scored 1790 pts out of the team's total 3377 season total. That's only 53%

The villanova team that one it the year before that. top 3 scorers scored 1661 of the team's total 3118 pts. That's 53%

THe duke team that won it the year before that. Top 3 scorers had 1747 of the team total 3091 pts. That's 57%

SO NO. HAVING THREE DUDES RESPONSIBLE FOR 75% OF YOUR SCORING IS NOT HOW MOST CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS ARE BUILT

Now go look at all of them one particular game. All those teams besides Villanova had around 3 people that averaged double figures. Jones for Duke just because you don't see he scored in a game doesn't mean at all that he isn't involved....not only is he involved he literally runs the team. 

But what I was addressing is you saying how little they were involved, you didn't say scoring. But since you are now just saying scoring I will just say......IT'S RIDICULOUS TO TAKE AVERAGES OF AN ENTIRE SEASON AND THEN COMPARE IT TO TWO ******* GAMES OF ANOTHER TEAM! WHAT TENDENCY DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN TAKE AND ESTABLISH FROM TWO GAMES!?!?

Zion Williamson is 22-27, I guess you're thinking it's insane how he is going to average 85% shooting percentage this year as well

Archived