Duke Basketball

boisnumber1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now go look at all of them one particular game. All those teams besides Villanova had around 3 people that averaged double figures. Jones for Duke just because you don't see he scored in a game doesn't mean at all that he isn't involved....not only is he involved he literally runs the team.ย 

But what I was addressing is you saying how little they were involved, you didn't say scoring. But since you are now just saying scoring I will just say......IT'S RIDICULOUS TO TAKE AVERAGES OF AN ENTIRE SEASON AND THEN COMPARE IT TO TWO ******* GAMES OF ANOTHER TEAM! WHAT TENDENCY DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN TAKE AND ESTABLISH FROM TWO GAMES!?!?

I said it's not a sustainable model for them to continue like they're doing in these first two games. You're the one who said, no that's how championship teams are built and how they play. No offense, but you're kind of a dummy and clearly talk out of your ass a lot.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I said it's not a sustainable model for them to continue like they're doing in these first two games. You're the one who said, no that's how championship teams are built and how they play. No offense, but you're kind of a dummy and clearly talk out of your ass a lot.

You said it and you still can't pick up on the difference between being involved and scoring. No offense taken though, clearly you lie and make things up, like he was jealous that it was these guys team so he left.....you don't have an aptitude for basketball. Clearly you stalk these guys because you think they are cute in their short shorts

21 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I said it's not a sustainable model for them to continue like they're doing in these first two games. You're the one who said, no that's how championship teams are built and how they play. No offense, but you're kind of a dummy and clearly talk out of your ass a lot

checkmate !!! gene wins!!!!!!!!ย  ย i did enjoy the match though....sad to see cole melting all over the floor,though......lol

12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

checkmate !!! gene wins!!!!!!!!ย  ย i did enjoy the match though....sad to see cole melting all over the floor,though......lol

Who are you kidding? You know what you're upset about

Gene makes a good point. They will probably at some point be/need to be a more balanced scoring team outside of those 3. we've seen it before when a good team beats a team with good players. if that makes sense

26 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

Gene makes a good point. They will probably at some point be/need to be a more balanced scoring team outside of those 3. we've seen it before when a good team beats a team with good players. if that makes sense

Of course there is only one ball....so when you have a bunch of scorers from their HS days, the coach's job is to keep everyone interested and working for a shot. ย  Williamson is gonna be a problem and I guess he will get his points no matter what you do....so maybe the plan is not to let one of the other guys beat us. ย  Who would you give the job to handle ZW ?ย 

Of course in a dream world it would be perfect if everybody could score. Actually in a dream world it would be perfect if everybody was proficient at every single thing but reality is you would be hard pressed to find a team like that. Usually you will have 3-4 people averaging double digits and you have role players. Scoring and distributing while having a low turnover rate is hardest to do so those players are at a premium rate.ย 

Also you don't have to be scoring to "be involved" in a game. Basketball is so much more than that. There's a reason why players like Michael Kidd gilcrest and Shane Battier was so vital to their teams that won championships and they weren't the best scorers.

You can look at our team right now, we are a very good team, top 10, how many legit play making scorers do we have? I'd say maybe 2. But what we do have are shooters, shot blockers, rebounders, I would say distributors but if we have a flaw it's the fact we really don't have anybody to replace Harper even on a low level. That's another reason why losing Mitchell hurts.ย 

But like I said every year I have a person argue with me about the upcoming team and I haven't been wrong about it yet. The only thing the last few years that surprised me that I didn't see coming was the guy from last year (Murray?) Being able to rebound the way he could at his size on the SEC level. Oh and that's another thing to watch him and Herron probably were the best tandem of 6'5" players rebounding the ball. That's a huge thing to replace. It's really not as easy as next man up. It takes a certain type of mindset to achieve those things.

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Of course there is only one ball....so when you have a bunch of scorers from their HS days, the coach's job is to keep everyone interested and working for a shot. ย  Williamson is gonna be a problem and I guess he will get his points no matter what you do....so maybe the plan is not to let one of the other guys beat us. ย  Who would you give the job to handle ZW ?ย 

I wouldn't. We should play Duke zone the entire game, we don't have the athletes that can play them man to man. If we just had to I'd put chuma on him and have help come from Wiley who should be matched with their center. Just like in football length is vital and is the one way you can overcome a more athletic player. Chuma is tall with a long wingspan

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I wouldn't. We should play Duke zone the entire game, we don't have the athletes that can play them man to man. If we just had to I'd put chuma on him and have help come from Wiley who should be matched with their center. Just like in football length is vital and is the one way you can overcome a more athletic player. Chuma is tall with a long wingspan

I hadn't even considered CBP playing mainly zone against them.ย  I was thinking essentially the same as you, but with doughty and Mclemore.ย  because they are quicker and mac is so explosive.ย  those duke monsters are gonna get their points.ย  also, Wiley was definitely rusty.ย  he seemed to have slower feet than i expected and would assume he wont be able to play quicker by next week.

of course we all keep talking about our game against duke ... i sure willย take that Xavier win to get to duke.ย  regardless of how good some of the other teams in Maui are ... there are a bunch of name teams and a win or 2 against them will be nice on the resume.ย  of course i'll take 3 please.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

everyone, please give Cole all the likes you can right now. It appears that he really needs the validation

You are one of the most petty posters I've ever seen on this site. I don't even like Cole all that much but I value his knowledge on basketball because he knows WAY more than I ever will. You just seem to follow him around on the boards taking shots at him.

13 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I hadn't even considered CBP playing mainly zone against them.ย  I was thinking essentially the same as you, but with doughty and Mclemore.ย  because they are quicker and mac is so explosive.ย  those duke monsters are gonna get their points.ย  also, Wiley was definitely rusty.ย  he seemed to have slower feet than i expected and would assume he wont be able to play quicker by next week.

of course we all keep talking about our game against duke ... i sure willย take that Xavier win to get to duke.ย  regardless of how good some of the other teams in Maui are ... there are a bunch of name teams and a win or 2 against them will be nice on the resume.ย  of course i'll take 3 please.

You're right about that bro. Everybody (including myself) has Duke on their mind and I'm sure Xavier likes it like that. But I'm sure the team is focused. But I can't lie even so if I was on the team I'd be stoked to play Duke. Also good point as far as the resume. I'm sure we'll have a couple of drops here and there so putting some wins up on some big name squads would be great insurance to have.ย 

Wiley was rusty. You can't simulate the real game action. I think he'd be the key to beating Duke. Either slowing them down or just jumping on them early. They're a young team maybe they would be discouraged having to play from behind

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

everyone, please give Cole all the likes you can right now. It appears that he really needs the validation

tenor.gif?itemid=5343086

It's no secret @cole256 and I have had our differences which I own up to for fault of. However he doesn't need or look for likes. In this forum he gets them naturally because the man knows his basketball inside & out & most of us appreciate it.

20 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

box.JPG

ย 

Pretty insane how little the other players other than the Big 3 are involved. Not sure that's a sustainable model for a championship squad.ย 

Makes me wonder if there is someone(s) on Duke's team who can pick up the slack should 1 or 2 of those three have an off night, or ifย ย get shut down by an opposing team.

i just rewatched the game against washington, and i feel a bit better about wiley's performance than i did....during the game, it appeared that it was his footwork that was at fault, but after rewatching it, it was more of a slow reaction mentally, a little timid....he got better in the 2nd half and i have to remind myself that he has not played a lot of college basketball in the 3 seasons that he has been here....i suspect ( and i have to also remind myself that there is no duke unless we beat xavier) that mr. zion will meet a far different austin wiley than we saw friday night....this is a damn good basketball team, probably better than the 99 group, but i don't want to get all full of piss and vingar just yet....it appears this bunch has a very good chemistry between them and i love the way they share the ball.....its much better than last year, and everybody is just defending like crazy....getting dunbar slowed down and not hyperventilating will do wonders for depth....dude got some serious athletic ability and if can play the mental game all year like the last 2 games, he will win us a couple of games this season...i like this team...mccormick still has a way to go but i do think that is more in him trying to find his place and fit....AU is now a national force in basketball....whoda' thunk it!

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

bizarrohell.jpg

Out of reactions so take all my heart emojis for the love I am placing upon you

ย 

โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก

ย 

ย 

I'm just giddy we are living this right now lol

Archived