Duke Basketball

boisnumber1

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm a little concerned about this as well after seeing how we just overwhelmed S Alabama with our quickness. I know it was just S Alabama but when we are shooting like that there are not many teams that can stick with us -- see last year as an example. Love the option we have this year to throw it down low though.

I really think we had the roster to get to the final 4 last year on campus -- yes not everyone was eligible but we are returning a ton of that same talent. Chuma already looks vastly improved from his freshman year and I think that will help mitigate Mustapha's loss as well as with Jelly Purifoy's insertion into the lineup whenever that is.

That is what I am most interested to see. Is how we look with Purifoy re inserted in to the rotation. Our team had THE PERFECT chemistry last year. They just all fit together so well and the pieces meshed just right. I want to see just how much Purifoy has improved. He had a whole year to work on his game! haha. I am excited.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yes I have no doubt you don't think Duke would be a match for us.....you probably think Brown would beat them single handed

I agree 😉

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Depends who we are playing, like in football our best chance to win may be to slow it down. Like Duke for example, I don't see on paper how we could match them up to out run them. That would be to their favor playing their game. But let's see if Zion can post on both sides of the floor. See if Barrett can shoot mid range jumpers, etc.

Agree here as well. Try to limit their ability to play free with their natural instincts and talent. Try and force them to execute in tighter spaces and windows. 

Will be interesting to really give the match up a good look when we know more about both teams. Until then I think we would need to play our best game and Duke suffer from some serious jet lag.

Slowing it down vs Duke may be a good idea. Freshman don't want to play 25-30 seconds of D.

As long as we play smart in the half court. Sometimes we can fall into forcing contested 3s in the half court (in the recent past)

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is what I am most interested to see. Is how we look with Purifoy re inserted in to the rotation. Our team had THE PERFECT chemistry last year. They just all fit together so well and the pieces meshed just right. I want to see just how much Purifoy has improved. He had a whole year to work on his game! haha. I am excited.

Welp, I'm reading some murmurs about Danjel looking overweight and sluggish in the exhibition game which apparently was a product of a lazy off-season. YIKES, that is disappointing because he can be a force if he's making the D respect his drive and his J.

Hopefully he uses the next 8 games to get in shape and try to get back in the groove.

Been watching Duke basketball for 30 years and this has the potential to be one of Coach K's best teams. I want to see Auburn play Duke, but I don't see it being close unless Auburn shoots lights out and Duke has a really bad game.

IMO Duke is awesome, but they are not a million points better than Kentucky. That was a perfect storm for Duke on Tuesday night and UK sharted themselves.

Hilarious seeing Coach K wipe the floor with Cal with his own 1 and done blueprint. 

I didn't get to see the UK vs Duke game but i think people are way over reacting over one game. We'll see how the season plays out but i'm betting there will be some freshmen fatigue as the season goes and probably some humbling moments for those fab freshmen. Typically when playing uber talented young guys is to play physical defense. Make them work extra hard on O and watch them melt on D. Problem is i don't know that the refs would let that type of game play out nor do i know if AU has a team capable of playing that kind of physical D. But even if we can't play the physical D i think our high pressure D would give them a little trouble. Hope we get a chance to see!

These next 2 games are huge for us. Hopefully we take care of business and get that matchup vs Duke. I am so pumped about tomorrow's game. I want to see how we do vs that zone.

I’ve been a Duke basketball fan as long as I can remember. Lots of family in NC and plenty went through Duke. I’m almost as big a Duke basketball fan as I am an AU fan. That being said, I would LOVE to see Auburn hand Duke their first L this year.

We’ll have to shoot 70% from 3 to do it though

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Welp, I'm reading some murmurs about Danjel looking overweight and sluggish in the exhibition game which apparently was a product of a lazy off-season. YIKES, that is disappointing because he can be a force if he's making the D respect his drive and his J.

Hopefully he uses the next 8 games to get in shape and try to get back in the groove.

Dude posts pictures of himself all the time on social media. He doesn’t look overweight at all. I wouldn’t read too much into the exhibition game. He was probably just rusty and nervous as it was his first game in front of a crowd in a long time

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

That's already expected that's why I say we'll see where we're at the end of the year. I don't know if he was working hard or not, but if everybody has been working I'd assume he has too. What I do know he could be doing every exercise on earth and still look out of shape when playing a real game. You can't simulate that

23 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Dude posts pictures of himself all the time on social media. He doesn’t look overweight at all. I wouldn’t read too much into the exhibition game. He was probably just rusty and nervous as it was his first game in front of a crowd in a long time

One thing we count on is knowing you're diligent in stalking so you are an expert in their lives

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's already expected that's why I say we'll see where we're at the end of the year. I don't know if he was working hard or not, but if everybody has been working I'd assume he has too. What I do know he could be doing every exercise on earth and still look out of shape when playing a real game. You can't simulate that

Apparently Danjel distanced himself from the team when news broke that he wouldn't be eligible. 

Not the case for Wiley. He apparently stuck with the team and continued to work.

This backs up what Bruce had said in the Marcelo car interview thing he does (or did). He said Danjel took it hard and wasn't as around as much as Wiley was last season.

I'm just connecting dots I don't know any actual facts

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Apparently Danjel distanced himself from the team when news broke that he wouldn't be eligible. 

Not the case for Wiley. He apparently stuck with the team and continued to work.

This backs up what Bruce had said in the Marcelo car interview thing he does (or did). He said Danjel took it hard and wasn't as around as much as Wiley was last season.

I'm just connecting dots I don't know any actual facts

If you are getting this stuff & other posts from behind a pay wall leave it there please. Other wise give links when possible.

Just now, ellitor said:

If you are getting this stuff & other posts from behind a pay wall leave it there please. Other wise give links when possible.

Not behind a pay wall just other free boards. I'd never give another free board the publicity on here and opportunity to steal the traffic from this board!!! I'm all #TeamAUFamily 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Not behind a pay wall just other free boards. I'd never give another free board the publicity on here and opportunity to steal the traffic from this board!!! I'm all #TeamAUFamily 

Fair enough. I'm guessing AU SEC Rant or the free basketball board on ITAT.

Just now, ellitor said:

Fair enough. I'm guessing AU SEC Rant or the free basketball board on ITAT.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

One thing we count on is knowing you're diligent in stalking so you are an expert in their lives

Does following people on social media always mean stalking?

46 minutes ago, jared52 said:

No but I don’t know any other way to say it, he or she does have some posts that are a little on the creepy  Side sometimes. I don’t think it’s meant or intentional but that’s just how it comes out sometimes. 

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No but I don’t know any other way to say it, he or she does have some posts that are a little on the creepy  Side sometimes. I don’t think it’s meant or intentional but that’s just how it comes out sometimes. 

one quick look at your twitter and you're  following a ton recruits and players. I honestly only follow a couple of players. Danjel is kind of funny to follow just because he's so immature and desperate for attention. He posts pics of him playing ball and he doesn't look overweight or out of shape at all. Not doubting someone's info but I also find it hard to believe that he "distanced himself from the team." Watch some of the highlights from last season's games. Danjel is probably the biggest cheerleader on the bench. Dude loves AU

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

No it doesn't, you wouldn't know but this guy has a beef with me for whatever reason, and it'snot the first time he has based a "fact" referencing an athlete's Twitter, as if it's matter of fact. Somebody else posted him talking to a player on Twitter. And it's just my opinion but yeah I think something could be off

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it doesn't, you wouldn't know but this guy has a beef with me for whatever reason, and it'snot the first time he has based a "fact" referencing an athlete's Twitter, as if it's matter of fact. Somebody else posted him talking to a player on Twitter. And it's just my opinion but yeah I think something should be off

Buddy, I’ve got no beef with you. Just think you’re funny. Btw, you’re whole thread on a recruit is based off of you following a recruit’s mom on Facebook. So. Kind of funny.

i believe you actually posted pictures of the kid on his visit from his mom’s Facebook page. That’s really weird

33 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

one quick look at your twitter and you're  following a ton recruits and players. I honestly only follow a couple of players.

I'm not even talking about twitter. I'm talking about how you occasionally talk about recruits & commits on here. calling them nice looking, handsome, & what not. Male nor female posters typically do that so yeah that's weird and to me a bit creepy.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not even talking about twitter. I'm talking about how you occasionally talk about recruits & commits on here. calling them nice looking, handsome, & what not. Male nor female posters typically do that so yeah that's weird and to me a bit creepy.

Nothing wrong with pointing out that AU has the most handsome squad in the sec.

no different than some dudes on here that yammer on about how the young men are “changing their bodies” in the weightroom 

Just now, Gene Loblaw said:

Nothing wrong with pointing out that AU has the most handsome squad in the sec.

Just seems strange to me to post on a forum but again I don't think you mean any harm in it.

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

no different than some dudes on here that yammer on about how the young men are “changing their bodies” in the weightroom 

Nothing wrong with that but I have seen some on different boards take it to creepy levels.

Archived