Sessions out!

NolaAuTiger

Let's all kick back and get ready for when the fun begins.

Ds will chair house committees and have subpoena power soon. That's worth its weight in gold. 

Sessions, for all his faults, was one of the few people in this situation determined to behave ethically.  And Trump shat on him for it.  Because that's the kind of lowlife he is.

50 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Let's all kick back and get ready for when the fun begins.

Ds will chair house committees and have subpoena power soon. That's worth its weight in gold. 

President can pretty much flip them the bird and not show up. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

President can pretty much flip them the bird and not show up. 

Why would they subpoena him? Lots of options. 

This too.

Didn't realize that job of  "special prosecutor" was a lifetime appointment.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Huh? 

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Why would they subpoena him? Lots of options. 

This too.

The enforceability of a presidential subpoena is unanswered I.e., the President’s obligation to comply with a House subpoena. I think they tried it against Thomas Jefferson, and he responded by sending back a redacted version - a tactic which the highly esteemed Justice Marshall did not object to.

And good, let them bring in Mueller and televise it to the world. Many people would be left utterly disappointed. Subsequent use of confidential information gained during his service = big no no 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The Starr investigation took four years.

Apparently many people think he can't be fited....

I suspect we will find that Mueller has farmed out various criminal investigations to US Attorneys offices that will be more difficult to stop. Info about Trump’s involvement will likely be gleaned from indictments of others.

When will someone from the Trump team be indicted for colluding with Russians during the election process?

Back on point, I've been disappointed in Trump's relations with Jeff Sessions. Sessions backed Trump from the very beginning and stayed loyal. If Trump runs again, I'll vote for him again because the Dems will nominate some left-wing idiot, but I don't like the way Sessions was treated.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I suspect we will find that Mueller has farmed out various criminal investigations to US Attorneys offices that will be more difficult to stop. Info about Trump’s involvement will likely be gleaned from indictments of others.

But where is the collusion between DT with Russia?  Isn't that the purpose of the inquiry....not to punish DTs friends for non-political misdeeds.

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But where is the collusion between DT with Russia?  Isn't that the purpose of the inquiry....not to punish DTs friends for non-political misdeeds.

Read the charter given to Mueller.  It includes a provision that allows him to look into any other crimes found to be committed if they steam from his investigating Russian interference.  Basically, he can follow evidence in any way it leads him.

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Read the charter given to Mueller.  It includes a provision that allows him to look into any other crimes found to be committed if they steam from his investigating Russian interference.  Basically, he can follow evidence in any way it leads him.

Something that happens in almost all investigations of this sort, including the Ken Starr investigations.  No one seemed to have a problem with it back then.  Funny how the support for that ebbs and flows depending on what letter is behind the guy's name in the WH.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Sessions, for all his faults, was one of the few people in this situation determined to behave ethically.  And Trump shat on him for it.  Because that's the kind of lowlife he is.

And what's really ironic is that he didn't really have a choice. After all, he was one of Trump's earliest supporters and was a part of his campaign

Trump simply doesn't understand the concept of conflict of interest.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

When will someone from the Trump team be indicted for colluding with Russians during the election process?

Back on point, I've been disappointed in Trump's relations with Jeff Sessions. Sessions backed Trump from the very beginning and stayed loyal. If Trump runs again, I'll vote for him again because the Dems will nominate some left-wing idiot, but I don't like the way Sessions was treated.

Everyone that embraces Trump winds up covered in s*** sooner or later.

That's what happens when you embrace a narcissistic psychopath.

If Trump is as innocent as he claims, why wouldn't he want the Mueller investigation to be pursued to it's final conclusion?

Why in the world would he want to stop the investigation and leave a cloud over his presidency?  :dunno:

If it's a "hoax"  - as he claims - then that will come out.

Archived