My thoughts

cole256

I was thinking what could I do to offer something on the board. Seems like every thing is covered so I guess I'll just post my thoughts after games I get to watch.  Or I guess you can just @ me if there is a question anybody may wonder. Many years ago some may remember I said Pearl was wanting us to play like the golden state warriors once he get a little time.....we have most of the parts he likes (he would like more length at our guard spots) but this should be fun when we are all systems go.

Also look how chumma was so disruptive on defense. Soon as we signed him I said he'd make a huge impact on defense. So this is a great example when I talk about wanting a guy who is 6'7" or longer who actually has skills to play guard. He is interchangeable as far as switching screens and defending a pick and roll. Hence you see his 3 steals and 3 blocks. And not to mention all the other plays he effected that don't show up in the box score.

Going to need Brown to attack the rim more. That is going to have to happen for us to be good

Lastly don't implode when we lose to somebody that's not that good. Chemistry is very important in basketball, we have alot of new parts. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

probably eliminates someone like Mark Sears getting a firm offer from AU then.

Nah. He knows talent. He don't just count on a website to tell him if a guy is good or not. He's a good coach and knows the game. 

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Brown was just about the only person who didn’t go to the basket last night.

If my memory is correct he was at the rim 3 times for 3 layups .... missed all 3. That was the biggest disappointment for me during the game was to watch him contentiously miss when he's just a few feet away from the rim.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lastly don't implode when we lose to somebody that's not that good. Chemistry is very important in basketball, we have alot of new parts. 

Yes. 2 of our 6 most talented players are still out plus 1 who just got healthy enough to play. We will be a more talented team when they are back but the team is going to have to learn how to fit all the pieces together to create the most success. Wiley hasn't played a real game in an AU uniform since Mizzou upset us in the SEC Tourney a year & a half ago. Also Even though it's his natural position Danjel hasn't played as a wing in nearly his entire AU career. I would like to see him come in looking to drive more as he was dangerous as a driver as a recruit.

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Going to need Brown to attack the rim more. That is going to have to happen for us to be good

May be hesitant going to the rim due to the nature of how he got his shoulder injury last year.

Brown also went cold in the second half against SA. Didn't matter cause we were winning by 30 the whole time but seems we may have to deal with a bit more streakiness. But with the way he can fill it up you just gotta take the good with the bad. 

When Okeke averages 20 and 10 the whole season we'll be able to handle some lulls from the other players :hearts:

16 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

probably eliminates someone like Mark Sears getting a firm offer from AU then.

Was this a smart a$$ jab at the OP? Seems uncalled for.

3 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Was this a smart a$$ jab at the OP?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered that.

3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

It was. It's funny he's against a kid because I said he was good.....what's funnier is using his logic he shouldn't be a fan of Brown or A Mac either. Or even the transfer that he is extremely high on

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks, @cole256. It's almost like you've anticipated know-nothing, disillusioned football fans like me coming over here to hop on the bandwagon. I'm here to learn. War Damn Bruce. 

Post more on this side, Loof!

Even for the non-hoop fans, Bruce's philosophy is fun as hell to watch. Up tempo, bombing 3s, pressure D, and dunks! 

But I can't express how special it is seeing our program finally progress after decades of straight trash lol

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks, @cole256. It's almost like you've anticipated know-nothing, disillusioned football fans like me coming over here to hop on the bandwagon. I'm here to learn. War Damn Bruce. 

@JwgreDeux does really nice write ups and that probably takes a good bit of time. I just write what I see and pull thoughts from all the basketball I've played in my life. But yeah this is good stuff over here. I think people can come over here and they will really enjoy it. It's alot more active than it used to be!

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Post more on this side, Loof!

Even for the non-hoop fans, Bruce's philosophy is fun as hell to watch. Up tempo, bombing 3s, pressure D, and dunks! 

But I can't express how special it is seeing our program finally progress after decades of straight trash lol

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@JwgreDeux does really nice write ups and that probably takes a good bit of time. I just write what I see and pull thoughts from all the basketball I've played in my life. But yeah this is good stuff over here. I think people can come over here and they will really enjoy it. It's alot more active than it used to be!

Thanks, fellas. I really dig the vibe in here. 

4 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Yep. Gene apparently wants to be master authority on all things basketball.  You gotta earn your stripes first Jean Errrrr.....Gene.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks, fellas. I really dig the vibe in here.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's almost like you've anticipated know-nothing, disillusioned football fans like me

You keep admitting that you know nothing and we might end up besties. 😃

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You keep admitting that you know nothing and we might end up besties. 😃

Na. He's knowledgable & passionate. His picks are as streaky as Bryce from downtown his freshman year. Lol

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

I was thinking what could I do to offer something on the board. Seems like every thing is covered so I guess I'll just post my thoughts after games I get to watch.  Or I guess you can just @ me if there is a question anybody may wonder. Many years ago some may remember I said Pearl was wanting us to play like the golden state warriors once he get a little time.....we have most of the parts he likes (he would like more length at our guard spots) but this should be fun when we are all systems go.

Also look how chumma was so disruptive on defense. Soon as we signed him I said he'd make a huge impact on defense. So this is a great example when I talk about wanting a guy who is 6'7" or longer who actually has skills to play guard. He is interchangeable as far as switching screens and defending a pick and roll. Hence you see his 3 steals and 3 blocks. And not to mention all the other plays he effected that don't show up in the box score.

I’d like to know who our go to scorer will be. Or if we will have one at all. Brown gets a little down on himself and I don’t think he is it. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I’d like to know who our go to scorer will be. Or if we will have one at all. Brown gets a little down on himself and I don’t think he is it. 

Not going to step on @cole256 feet but I think we have 5 or so guys who can do it on any given night.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Na. He's knowledgable & passionate. His picks are as streaky as Bryce from downtown his freshman year. Lol

That’s exactly what I’m talkjng about with Bryce. His freshman year was awful. And he took to Twitter to complain about the fans a lot as well. I’m glad he matured up some. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not going to step on @cole256 feet but I think we have 5 or so guys who can do it on any given night.

That can be a good thing and a bad thing( stopping runs.) We never really had a go to last year and Heron was tbe closest to it. I’m hoping Wiley will be our The Answer.

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That's a great question and it falls under me saying the biggest hurdle will still be our chemistry. Because we are going to have to play to see, usually you want it to be a guard just someone who can create their own shot. Then let's say we find that person, we're going to have to get acclimated again when DP returns. I hope it's whoever leading by example. Just like in football I think the quickest way to lose a team is a coach trying to place somebody in front instead of that person earning it.

That is something Duke is going to have to deal with as well, but they will have more time. But I bet that's why coach K had them playing overseas games and all of that. They played like 5 or 6 (I may be stretching that it could be 3 or 4) games over the summer. Because he knows you can practice all you want, nothing substitutes playing a game....your team vs our team. This is exciting though isn't it?

Archived