My thoughts

cole256

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's a great question and it falls under me saying the biggest hurdle still be our chemistry. Because we are going to have to play to see, usually you want it to be a guard just someone who can create their own shot. Then let's say we find that person, we're going to have to get acclimated again when DP returns. I hope it's whoever leading by example. Just like in football I think the quickest way to lose a team is a coach trying to place somebody in front instead of that person earning it.

That is something Duke is going to have to deal with as well, but they will have more time. But I bet that's why coach K had them playing overseas games and all of that. They played like 5 or 6 (I may be stretching that it could be 3 or 4) games over the summer. Because he knows you can practice all you want, nothing substitutes playing a game....your team vs our team. This is exciting though isn't it?

Very exciting. What we saw last year and in tbe first game was epic. Once tbe whole team is back,  it’s going to interesting if we can be leaps and bounds better. It’s exciting just to see Purifoy play again. He has been ineligible lot more than he’s been eligible, and he was our first NBA like player. I admire his patience though. He could’ve easily left school and  done something stupid like play for Iraq’s pro team. 

Oh @McLoofusI forgot. Over here is like the bizzaro world because you can see 64 and Mikey go all the way from sunshine pumping to super negative to every little thing Bruce Pearl may do! It's super entertaining, seriously

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Very exciting. What we saw last year and in tbe first game was epic. Once tbe whole team is back,  it’s going to interesting if we can be leaps and bounds better. It’s exciting just to see Purifoy play again. He has been ineligible lot more than he’s been eligible, and he was our first NBA like player. I admire his patience though. He could’ve easily left school and  done something stupid like play for Iraq’s pro team. 

Yes I agree. I thought by the end of the season we were able to see him play he was falling in love with the 3 a little too much. But maybe he's doing what he needs to do because the NBA is all about spacing and shooting now

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh @McLoofusI forgot. Over here is like the bizzaro world because you can see 64 and Mikey go all the way from sunshine pumping to super negative to every little thing Bruce Pearl may do! It's super entertaining, seriously

Why does this not surprise me

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lord a dang beatnik............................Lets go get dixie fried

Is that what happens when you partake of the jazz cabbage?

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Na. He's knowledgable & passionate. His picks are as streaky as Bryce from downtown his freshman year. Lol

It's always so surprising and exciting when I'm right.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why does this not surprise me

Who is the big fella we had on the team.a few years back? He could a double double and they would rip him up lol. And coach pearl....he could chew his gum and it'd be a problem 😂. I think @GwillMac6 noticed it too if I remember it correctly. Idk because we don't hardly talk but Im pretty sure it was him

Just now, cole256 said:

Who is the big fella we had on the team.a few years back? He could a double double and they would rip him up lol. And coach pearl....he could chew his gum and it'd be a problem 😂. I think @GwillMac6 noticed it too if I remember it correctly. Idk because we don't hardly talk but Im pretty sure it was him

Sounds like you’re talking about Cimeon Bowers.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cinmeon Bowers?

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Sounds like you’re talking about Cimeon Bowers.

Thanks bro. That's who it is. I couldn't think of his name for nothing, and when I tried to picture a face I kept thinking of Glen Davis 😂

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's always so surprising and exciting when I'm right.

Because you know our resident fuddy duddies all to well.

@bigbird Harper can but he's a smaller guy so finishing may be a concern against good teams. Daughty can, actually he may be the anti Brown as far as you may would like him to work on his shooting the ball and not driving as much. Or at least distribute the ball better. 

I haven't seen anybody talk too much about the Memphis transfer Johnson. He is an excellent shooter. I know you asked about driving and finishing and I don't know if he's any good at it, but I think he's a better shooter than Brown so we'll have someone that can shoot over zones and dictate spacing for everybody else. We will need shooters next year. 

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Very exciting. What we saw last year and in tbe first game was epic. Once the whole team is back,  it’s going to interesting if we can be leaps and bounds better. 

Right. Hopefully the whole will be greater than the parts. Because the parts are pretty dang good alone.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:47 PM, cole256 said:

I was thinking what could I do to offer something on the board. Seems like every thing is covered so I guess I'll just post my thoughts after games I get to watch.  Or I guess you can just @ me if there is a question anybody may wonder. Many years ago some may remember I said Pearl was wanting us to play like the golden state warriors once he get a little time.....we have most of the parts he likes (he would like more length at our guard spots) but this should be fun when we are all systems go.

Also look how chumma was so disruptive on defense. Soon as we signed him I said he'd make a huge impact on defense. So this is a great example when I talk about wanting a guy who is 6'7" or longer who actually has skills to play guard. He is interchangeable as far as switching screens and defending a pick and roll. Hence you see his 3 steals and 3 blocks. And not to mention all the other plays he effected that don't show up in the box score.

Going to need Brown to attack the rim more. That is going to have to happen for us to be good

Lastly don't implode when we lose to somebody that's not that good. Chemistry is very important in basketball, we have alot of new parts. 

Nice insights. I agree we need someone to be more effective on the dribble drive finishing st the rim. I was hopeful that may be Doughty as it doesn’t seem to come real naturally to Brown. 

Not sure we have this piece in the roster currently. Maybe Harper could develop a little floater or something instead of trying to get all the way to the rim. He can break almost anyone down off the dribble and his passing is on another level so far this season. If he could add finishing off drives to his game he could become elite nationally. 

I love this thread. I have some thoughts of my own. I appreciate everything DeSean Murray gave our program last year but I AM just so glad we have a starting Power Forward who has the prototypical size, length and athleticism for the college level now. Murray got exposed some in Sec Play and was getting his shot blocked a lot and not being able to use his tremendous strength as much as he was in the non conference to score around the basket. He missed a lot of bunnies as well. I MISS THE HELL out of Davion Mitchell. I really really liked his tremendous athleticism and upside. I hate he left after only one year. He imo had a more efficient and cleaner freshmen season than Jared Harper did as a freshmen. I was excited to see him develop for the next few years. WAR DAMN DAVION MITCHELL!!! Kill it at baylor next year.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love this thread. I have some thoughts of my own. I appreciate everything DeSean Murray gave our program last year but I AM just so glad we have a starting Power Forward who has the prototypical size, length and athleticism for the college level. Murray got exposed some in Sec Play and was getting his shot blocked a lot and not being able to use his tremendous strength as much as he was in the non conference to score around the basket. He missed a lot of bunnies as well. I MISS THE HELL out of Davion Mitchell. I really really liked his tremendous athleticism and upside. I hate he left after only one year. He imo had a more efficient and cleaner freshmen season than Jared Harper did as a freshmen. I was excited to see him develop for the next few years. WAR DAMN DAVION MITCHELL!!! Kill it at baylor next year.

I 'm not knocking Harper, but Mitchell looked to be more of a true PG and I think he could've been really good here.

6 minutes ago, CR said:

I 'm not knocking Harper, but Mitchell looked to be more of a true PG and I think he could've been really good here.

I def agree. I thought he would of been a really good floor general and good defender for us. I get why he left. He did not want to only start for 1 season here. Just sucks. #goodprogramprobs lol.

44 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I def agree. I thought he would of been a really good floor general and good defender for us. I get why he left. He did not want to only start for 1 season here. Just sucks. #goodprogramprobs lol.

Most of my years following AU BBall, a loss like him would've crippled this program. I've never seen anything remotely close to the depth Bruce has brought to this program.

2 minutes ago, CR said:

Most of my years following AU BBall, a loss like him would've crippled this program. I've never seen anything remotely close to the depth Bruce has brought to this program.

OMGSH THIS THIS THIS!!! We lost 2 starters last year and won the sec and we lost a key backup and a starter in Heron NOT to mention murray and we barely blink. Bruce is the best thing to happen to Auburn Basketball ever!!! He is building a sustainable program and culture. 

Archived