White House revokes Jim Acosta's press pass

Auburnfan91

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When you exaggerate what Acosta did to defend Trump's handing of it, you're a mindless dolt.  That more succinct for you?

So it shouldn’t be called a swat because that’s “an exaggeration”, but no fuss when Trump is called a white supremacist, racist, and sexist because that’s “not an exaggeration.”

LOL you guys are something else.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

So it shouldn’t be called a swat because that’s “an exaggeration”, but no fuss when Trump is called a white supremacist, racist, and sexist because that’s “not an exaggeration.”

LOL you guys are something else.

Because when you look at it in real time instead of doctored clips spread around by Infowars (and subsequently, Sarah Huckabee Sanders), you can see that Trump's reaction is idiotic, as is any defense of said reaction.  

Stay on topic.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

....you can see that Trump's reaction is idiotic, as is any defense of said reaction.     Stay on topic.

How is Trump on topic? The topic is Acosta's physical action toward the intern. Which got him kicked off the grounds.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

How is Trump on topic? The topic is Acosta's physical action toward the intern. Which got him kicked off the grounds.

They are inextricably linked.  The topic is Acosta getting his press pass revoked.  Part and parcel to that is the Administrations mischaracterization of what he did to deserve it being revoked, and the episode which precipitated the entire thing.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

They are inextricably linked.  The topic is Acosta getting his press pass revoked.  Part and parcel to that is the Administrations mischaracterization of what he did to deserve it being revoked, and the episode which precipitated the entire thing.

"So let it be written, so let it be done"?

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"So let it be written, so let it be done"?

If that's a fancy way of saying, "common sense", then yes.

I don't know why this is hard to follow.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders reposted an edited video from Infowars. El oh flipping el. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Because when you look at it in real time instead of doctored clips spread around by Infowars (and subsequently, Sarah Huckabee Sanders), you can see that Trump's reaction is idiotic, as is any defense of said reaction.  

Stay on topic.

Wrong. I watched the entire briefing, actually. 

Oh good lord, here we go. 

"Gazing at the stars will not save you from the abyss at your feet" - Dreimer 

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wrong. I watched the entire briefing, actually. 

And I've watched the entire interaction.  I also watched the dishonest version Huckabee-Sanders tweeted out.  Trump overreacted (he was actually being a petulant twerp even before the mic incident) and acting like he did the right thing is just ridiculous.

I guess at two years in though, expecting the President to behave like one is too much to ask.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And I've watched the entire interaction.  I also watched the dishonest version Huckabee-Sanders tweeted out.  Trump overreacted (he was actually being a petulant twerp even before the mic incident) and acting like he did the right thing is just ridiculous.

I guess at two years in though, expecting the President to behave like one is too much to ask.

Acosta brought this upon himself. He continually brings his crap into briefings. Everyone and their mother knows that he isn’t their to actually ask questions, as much as he is to push false narratives. Well, it bit him in the ass. Good job White House!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Acosta brought this upon himself. He continually brings his crap into briefings. Everyone and their mother knows that he isn’t their to actually ask questions, as much as he is to push false narratives. Well, it bit him in the ass. Good job White House!!!!!!!

Sycophant.

Acosta asked no unreasonable questions.  Trump just doesn't like being challenged.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok, journalist lickspittle?

I could care less about Acosta from a personal standpoint, but nothing he asked was out of line and Trump had zero reason to get pissy about it, much less revoke his credentials.  But that's what thin-skinned people do.  They deflect, overreact and play the victim and Trump has the maneuver down to a science.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Acosta asked no unreasonable questions.  Trump just doesn't like being challenged.

Whatever wets your theory-whistle. Hopefully Acosta thinks on this hard while he is in timeout. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Whatever wets your theory-whistle. Hopefully Acosta thinks on this hard while he is in timeout. 

Which question was out of line?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I could care less about Acosta from a personal standpoint, but nothing he asked was out of line and Trump had zero reason to get pissy about it, much less revoke his credentials.  But that's what thin-skinned people do.  They deflect, overreact and play the victim and Trump has the maneuver down to a science.

Yes, Trump is definitely “playing the victim here.” Acosta has been way out of line, far too long. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Which question was out of line?

You mean questionS? It’s the aggregate of his behavior at these briefings. He’s not there to ask genuine questions. Instead, he just wants to push and insinuate false narratives. This did not happen because of one single incident.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes, Trump is definitely “playing the victim here.” Acosta has been way out of line, far too long. 

And yet you aren't citing where he was out of line.  He asked some tough, direct questions.  That is it.  Here's the exchange:

Acosta was one of the first reporters Trump called on. "Thank you, Mr. President," he said. "I want to challenge you on one of the statements that you made in the tail end of the campaign."

Trump leaned into the mic and said, "Here we go" — seemingly relishing the confrontation.

Acosta brought up the migrants traveling from Central America toward the US southern border, and the racist ad referring to them that the Trump campaign released last week.

"As you know, Mr. President, the caravan is not an invasion," Acosta said. "It's a group of migrants moving up from Central America towards the border with the US--"

Trump, sarcastically, replied, "Thank you for telling me that, I appreciate it."

Acosta: "Why did you characterize it as such?"

"Because I consider it an invasion. You and I have a difference of opinion."

"But do you think that you demonized immigrants?" 

"No, not at all. I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally."

That's what the migrants are trying to do — they say they intend to seek asylum.

Acosta called out the misleading ad and said: "They're hundreds of miles away, though. They're hundreds and hundreds of miles away. That's not an invasion."

"You know what? I think you should," Trump started to say, pointing at Acosta. "Honestly, I think you should let me run the country. You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings would be much better."

"Okay, that's enough," Trump said as Acosta tried to ask another question.

A White House staffer hurried over to grab the mic and carry it to the next reporter Trump chose, NBC's Peter Alexander. 

"If I may ask one other question, are you worried--" 

Acosta tried to point out that other reporters had also asked multiple questions.

"That's enough," Trump said.

The White House staffer tried to grab the mic from Acosta, but he held onto it.

"Pardon me, ma'am," he said, as she looked toward Trump, then ducked out of camera view.

"Peter, let's go," Trump said, trying to move on to Alexander.

"If I can ask, on the Russia investigation," Acosta said, "are you concerned that you may have indictments coming down--"

"I am not concerned about anything with the Russian investigation because it is a hoax," Trump said, "That is enough, put down the mic."

Trump backed away from the podium for a moment, signaling he was done, while Acosta asked the question again and then let go of the mic.

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You mean questionS? It’s the aggregate of his behavior at these briefings. He’s not there to ask genuine questions. Instead, he just wants to push and insinuate false narratives. This did not happen because of one single incident.

Reporters regularly ask, and get answers to, multiple questions.  This is not a reason to revoke a press pass.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And yet you aren't citing where he was out of line.  He asked some tough, direct questions.  That is it.  Here's the exchange:

Acosta was one of the first reporters Trump called on. "Thank you, Mr. President," he said. "I want to challenge you on one of the statements that you made in the tail end of the campaign."

Trump leaned into the mic and said, "Here we go" — seemingly relishing the confrontation.

Acosta brought up the migrants traveling from Central America toward the US southern border, and the racist ad referring to them that the Trump campaign released last week.

"As you know, Mr. President, the caravan is not an invasion," Acosta said. "It's a group of migrants moving up from Central America towards the border with the US--"

Trump, sarcastically, replied, "Thank you for telling me that, I appreciate it."

Acosta: "Why did you characterize it as such?"

"Because I consider it an invasion. You and I have a difference of opinion."

"But do you think that you demonized immigrants?" 

"No, not at all. I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally."

That's what the migrants are trying to do — they say they intend to seek asylum.

Acosta called out the misleading ad and said: "They're hundreds of miles away, though. They're hundreds and hundreds of miles away. That's not an invasion."

"You know what? I think you should," Trump started to say, pointing at Acosta. "Honestly, I think you should let me run the country. You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings would be much better."

"Okay, that's enough," Trump said as Acosta tried to ask another question.

A White House staffer hurried over to grab the mic and carry it to the next reporter Trump chose, NBC's Peter Alexander. 

"If I may ask one other question, are you worried--" 

Acosta tried to point out that other reporters had also asked multiple questions.

"That's enough," Trump said.

The White House staffer tried to grab the mic from Acosta, but he held onto it.

"Pardon me, ma'am," he said, as she looked toward Trump, then ducked out of camera view.

"Peter, let's go," Trump said, trying to move on to Alexander.

"If I can ask, on the Russia investigation," Acosta said, "are you concerned that you may have indictments coming down--"

"I am not concerned about anything with the Russian investigation because it is a hoax," Trump said, "That is enough, put down the mic."

Trump backed away from the podium for a moment, signaling he was done, while Acosta asked the question again and then let go of the mic.

BS. Go watch the video. His time was up, and he refused to give up the mic. He was out of line. You can’t push an interns arm away. That’s not how the cookie crumbles.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Reporters regularly ask, and get answers to, multiple questions.  This is not a reason to revoke a press pass.

Do they regularly ask questions and push intern’s arms away after being told their time is up? Acosta furthers the divide. Glad he in timeout.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Do they regularly ask questions and push intern’s arms away after being told their time is up? Acosta furthers the divide. Glad he in timeout.

When they are being cut off because the President is getting pissy about being asked tough questions, yes they may say "Pardon me, ma'am" and brush the intern's hand away when they attempt to silence them by taking the mic.

Again, any examples you can cite?

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I happened to be watching when this incident happened. (watching NBC ) It was obvious that he used physical force against her. The scene was abnormal enough to be alarming. When is a swat not a swat? Apparently it's not a swat when the swatter is a CNN reporter.

If you are talking about the clip in the OP, I didn't see it.

But the greater issue is the POTUS trying to silence a reporter for simply asking questions.  You folks act as if you don't understand the role of a free press in our system. 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When they are being cut off because the President is getting pissy about being asked tough questions, yes they may say "Pardon me, ma'am" and brush the interns hand away when they attempt to silence them by taking the mic.

Again, any examples you can cite?

Are you the arbiter on this issue? Do you decide whether the position of others, including mine, has merit? 

Archived