White House revokes Jim Acosta's press pass

Auburnfan91

43 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You mean questionS? It’s the aggregate of his behavior at these briefings. He’s not there to ask genuine questions. Instead, he just wants to push and insinuate false narratives. This did not happen because of one single incident.

And that's exactly the sort of thing a president has to deal with - and not by trying to shut them up.  The constitution says nothing about deportment of the press.  It's up to the president do handle it in a way that doesn't infringe upon the press's constitutional right to question the president.  Trump was clearly just trying to silence him.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If you are talking about the clip in the OP, I didn't see it.

But the greater issue is the POTUS trying to silence a reporter for simply asking questions.  You folks act as if you don't understand the role of a free press in our system. 

Because they don't.  

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

And that's exactly the sort of thing a president has to deal with - and not by trying to shut them up.  The constitution says nothing about deportment of said press.  It's up to the president do handle it in a way that doesn't infringe upon the press's constitutional right to question the president.  Trump was clearly just trying to silence him.

There’s no constitutional right to a White House press pass. Yes, Trump wanted to silence him, and he did :)

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Are you the arbiter on this issue? Do you decide whether the position of others, including mine, has merit? 

Arbiter?  I asked a simple question and pointed out that it's not at all unusual for the press to ask tough questions and refuse to accept dodging and evasive answers or attempts to silence them.

Still waiting on these citations of egregious narrative pushing by Acosta that earned him having a press pass revoked. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

When you exaggerate what Acosta did to defend Trump's handing of it, you're a mindless dolt.  That more succinct for you?

It sure appears anyone who has an opinion different from yours is a mindless dolt......or even worse.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

"To bolster the case against Acosta, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders posted an edited video of the incident where the action is generally slowed down but speeds up right before the moment of contact, to create the false impression of a deliberate jab on the part of Acosta:"

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Still waiting on these citations of egregious narrative pushing by Acosta that earned him having a press pass revoked. 

Don’t waste your time. I highly doubt your subjective thresholds will be satisfied. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

You folks act as if there’s a constitutional right to a White House press pass. There isn’t.

Nice dodge, but that isn't what anyone is arguing.

38 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Acosta brought this upon himself. He continually brings his crap into briefings. Everyone and their mother knows that he isn’t their to actually ask questions, as much as he is to push false narratives. Well, it bit him in the ass. Good job White House!!!!!!!

Can you quote an example from this press conference?

Just now, homersapien said:

Can you quote an example from this press conference?

He says that it's not about this one presser but that it's been a pattern that has built over time.  I've yet to see any real examples of this pattern cited by him though, much less one that would warrant a press pass being revoked.

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

So it shouldn’t be called a swat because that’s “an exaggeration”, but no fuss when Trump is called a white supremacist, racist, and sexist because that’s “not an exaggeration.”

LOL you guys are something else.

Do you really need a history of Trump's quotes supporting those accusations? 

They weren't invented without cause.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Nice dodge, but that isn't what anyone is arguing.

“It's up to the president do handle it in a way that doesn't infringe upon the press's constitutional right to question the president.“ - Homer 

35 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You mean questionS? It’s the aggregate of his behavior at these briefings. He’s not there to ask genuine questions. Instead, he just wants to push and insinuate false narratives. This did not happen because of one single incident.

An emotionally and psychologically mature president wouldn't have a problem dealing with  hostile reporters in a press conference short of simply trying to ban them. 

It's part of his job. Just like being hostile is part of the press' job.  

This is just another indicator of how unsuited Trump is for the position.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good question....answer yes. He defends Acosta here for standing up to Trump and getting his press pass revoked but will suspend you from posting if you question him in his capacity as a mod.

If I behaved like you, my ass would have been banned years ago. The leeway they've given you, the s*** you're allowed to get away with, all others pale in comparison.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He says that it's not about this one presser but that it's been a pattern that has built over time.  I've yet to see any real examples of this pattern cited by him though, much less one that would warrant a press pass being revoked.

Thank you for explaining this to him. From this presser, y’all are in clear disagreement with our assessment of Acosta’s actions re intern. It is highly unlikely that we can appease your subjective threshold. It’s ok.

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Thank you for explaining this to him. From this presser, y’all are in clear disagreement with our assessment of Acosta’s actions re intern. It is highly unlikely that we can appease your subjective threshold. It’s ok.

You put forth an argument and have yet to offer anything to support it.  That's not ok.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

You put forth an argument and have yet to offer anything to support it.  That's not ok.

I support my argument with Acosta’s actions towards the intern. That’s perfectly ok. Unless of course, you are the one to decide when the threshold of “support” is met????

22 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

There’s no constitutional right to a White House press pass. Yes, Trump wanted to silence him, and he did :)

So, in principle, you are OK with a president who tries to silence the press.  :no:

I hope for the sake of the country your potential law career is limited to non-political jobs.

18 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You folks act as if there’s a constitutional right to a White House press pass. There isn’t.

What does the constitution say about the press, exactly?

16 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

“It's up to the president do handle it in a way that doesn't infringe upon the press's constitutional right to question the president.“ - Homer 

So what's your problem with that statement?

Acosta asked straightforward questions based on previous statements by Trump.  Trump refused to answer them.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I support my argument with Acosta’s actions towards the intern.

Now you're dodging.  This was your previous argument:

Acosta brought this upon himself. He continually brings his crap into briefings. Everyone and their mother knows that he isn’t their to actually ask questions, as much as he is to push false narratives. Well, it bit him in the ass. Good job White House!!!!!!!

It’s the aggregate of his behavior at these briefings. He’s not there to ask genuine questions. Instead, he just wants to push and insinuate false narratives. This did not happen because of one single incident.

I asked you for some examples to back this argument, now you want to fall back to brushing an interns arm away when she tried to take the mic from him when the President didn't like being asked tough questions.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, in principle, you are OK with a president who tries to silence the press.  :no:

I hope for the sake of the country your potential law career is limited to non-political jobs.

A President tells a reporter their time is up. Yes I’m ok with that. 

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What does the constitution say about the press, exactly?

Google it.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Now you're dodging.  This was your previous argument:

Acosta brought this upon himself. He continually brings his crap into briefings. Everyone and their mother knows that he isn’t their to actually ask questions, as much as he is to push false narratives. Well, it bit him in the ass. Good job White House!!!!!!!

It’s the aggregate of his behavior at these briefings. He’s not there to ask genuine questions. Instead, he just wants to push and insinuate false narratives. This did not happen because of one single incident.

I asked you for some examples to back this argument, now you want to fall back to brushing an interns arm away when she tried to take the mic from him when the President didn't like being asked tough questions.

You’re dodging the example that I gave 😂😂

Him Acosta is "the press"...and the couple dozen other shouting voices in the press conferences are who ?

Archived