Deon Mix- 0 career starts and left team
Braden Smith- 3 year starter and in NFL
Mike Horton- 2-year starter
Marquel Harrell- will be a 3-year starter
Tyler Carr- 0 career starts and left team
Bailey Sharp- 0 career starts
Kaleb Kim- 4 career starts
Prince Sammons- 0 career starts

8 HS OL signees in 4 years. 8! Every program should sign 15 over that stretch. 5 of those guys were in one class, meaning the 2013, 2014 and 2016 classes signed an avg of 1 OL each!. Ahhh. And spare me on Tega. We signed him as a DE and lucked into him growing into an SEC OT. 

Transfers like Golson, Dunn, Darius James and Driskoll have saved us from having the worst OL in the SEC for years.

And yet the sunshine pumpers continue to defend him. Unreal.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

And yet the sunshine pumpers continue to defend him. Unreal.

Some people went down with the Titantic by choice as well. Outcome was predetermined, didn’t matter. 

11 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Somebody posted on reddit the other day in r/wde that UGA, LSU and Bama had all signed in between 27-31 offensive linemen each since 2013.  Auburn has signed 17.

It feels like we've signed 7

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

This was sent to me by my cousin...

Auburn OL signees from 2013-2016

Deon Mix- 0 career starts and left team
Braden Smith- 3 year starter and in NFL
Mike Horton- 2-year starter
Marquel Harrell- will be a 3-year starter
Tyler Carr- 0 career starts and left team
Bailey Sharp- 0 career starts
Kaleb Kim- 4 career starts
Prince Sammons- 0 career starts

8 HS OL signees in 4 years. 8! Every program should sign 15 over that stretch. 5 of those guys were in one class, meaning the 2013, 2014 and 2016 classes signed an avg of 1 OL each!. Ahhh. And spare me on Tega. We signed him as a DE and lucked into him growing into an SEC OT. 

Transfers like Golson, Dunn, Darius James and Driskoll have saved us from having the worst OL in the SEC for years.

I was off by one 

18 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Thats shocking. 

How does a coach that likes to pound teams into the stone age sign that few O Linemen and do such a pitiful job recruiting RB? That should be his bread and butter and it seems like an afterthought.

You guys are all just mad because you clearly do not understand the genius that is Gus Malzahn.  Instead of recruiting more OL, he instead chose to recruit more QB's, RB's and WR's and an occasional TE that he'll rarely if ever use....:no:

2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

You guys are all just mad because you clearly do not understand the genius that is Gus Malzahn.  Instead of recruiting more OL, he instead chose to recruit more QB's, RB's and WR's and an occasional TE that he'll rarely if ever use....:no:

That's why he tells Kodi to teach the WRs to block. 😂

On 11/8/2018 at 9:02 AM, aubiefifty said:

saturdaydownsouth.com

Kirby Smart explains how Gus Malzahn’s offense has evolved

A former newspaper veteran, Keith Farner is a freelance reporter for Saturday Down South.

3 minutes

Keith Farner | 23 hours ago

Georgia and Auburn are increasingly familiar with one another, and not just because of Kirby Smart’s history as an Alabama defensive coordinator. The teams are set to meet on Saturday for the third time in the last calendar year.

Smart has also seen Gus Malzahn’s offense change over the years, and said the run game is very similar, but depending on the quarterback, Malzahn uses different things.

“He has evolved the most in the passing game, the run game has stayed very similar, depending on the QB,” Smart said on the SEC coaches media teleconference.

Speaking of Auburn’s offense, Smart said the physical Tigers’ wide receivers take what the defense gives them.

“Gus always establishes the run, or at least tries to,” Smart said. “They are explosive in the passing game, they also commit to the run.”

Georgia’s secondary facing that unit is a work in progress, Smart said, like the rest of the team.

“(Deandre) Baker has been very consistent but we have a lot of young players back there,” he said.

Smart updated injured RB Zamir White’s recovery and said he’s doing well, and focused on his studies and rehab.

Smart credited offensive line coach Sam Pittman for the juggling offensive line positions because of injuries for much of the season.

“We have signed a number of athletic linemen,” Smart said. “It’s tough, we have some guys beat up and banged up. We try to get guys a lot of reps at different spots.”

Smart said his current crop of running backs didn’t run as much last season because of the the backs now in the NFL, but, “I saw it in practice, saw it in camp, they are doing a good job.”

Thanks for the article fifty . Kirby keeping it politically correct , I see.

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're right on Hamm.

Still doesnt make me feel better about our recruiting but thought it was important to be accurate .

On 11/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, bigbird said:

He's been studying Gus' run game.

runninginplace.0.gif

We will just run the other way instead

Hilarious_c47784_1112294.gif

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, bigbird said:

saved us from having the worst OL in the SEC for years.

Funny I don't feel saved from being the worst in the SEC.

22 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Funny I don't feel saved from being the worst in the SEC.

Imagine if we hadn't had Golson, Dunn, or James.

Archived