Would hiring Freeze as oc be a cure

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

i would hardly say Shea was a good QB his first year.  

3 starts. 6 tds and 3 ints. 880 yards passing. Pretty good for a true freshmen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

This year Ole Miss currently has the #6 offense in the country, despite all the sanctions. Maybe Phil Longo is an even better offensive mind than Freeze? 😜

https://olemisssports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=250&path=football

I would love to get Longo as our OC over Freeze. It will never happen though. GusFreeze will be our offense of the future.

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I would love to get Longo as our OC over Freeze. It will never happen though. GusFreeze will be our offense of the future.

Against the actual good teams they have not done ish. Freeze was scoring points on the good defenses as well.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Against the actual good teams they have not done ish. Freeze was scoring points on the good defenses as well.

I love the pic of Coach Pearle!

50 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Wasn't HF QBs Juco transfers?  Same as Gus' good QBs have been.  

None of them regressed. Every single one of ours has...except Marshall, but he didn't have any where but up in regards to being a passer.

Freeze gives me the chills. 😊 I wish I was smart enough to answer this question: If Freeze had been our OC this year would we have beaten tennosee and mesosippi state?  Who knows. I think we have an HC problem not an OC problem.  Something needs to change (AG Green just threw us some rotten meat), so throw us fans a bone and bring Freeze in and let’s see what happens.  Some of us are getting old and we’re getting tired of the wait till next year syndrome.

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

None of them regressed. Every single one of ours has...except Marshall, but he didn't have any where but up in regards to being a passer.

Cam didn't regress.  White didn't regress just couldn't stay healthy or off the party scene, Stidham hasn't regressed he just hasn't stepped up to be the leader we need this year.  JJ6 I have no clue what happened to him he could throw one pass the slant all others he was horrible at.  

4 hours ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Bring a stud OL coach, but you STILL have to have real SEC talent to play on the line.

The OL repair will take years.  It's that bad.

It will definitely take time to get back to 2010 and 2013-level play on the line, you're correct. But it shouldn't take long to be at least somewhat better than this year.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I love the pic of Coach Pearle!

thanks doc!

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Cam didn't regress.  White didn't regress just couldn't stay healthy or off the party scene, Stidham hasn't regressed he just hasn't stepped up to be the leader we need this year.  JJ6 I have no clue what happened to him he could throw one pass the slant all others he was horrible at.  

lol WOW come onnnnnnnnnnnnn coach. To say Stidham has not regressed is just foolish. That is some major sunshine pumping. Cam was here one year how would he regress? 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He made BO Wallace look like a good sec QB from time to time. SOLD.

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So there is no chance in your opinion some of the young guys can get better? This is a serious question. I know the depth can’t be fixed in on season but has it been written for these guys already?

None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

There is "size' but can you honestly look at this group and tell me that there is better than Div II talent on that OLine?  I can not. 

I'm a believer in Hugh Freeze as a coach. His off the field issues speak for themselves but strictly as coach? Freeze is very good. He beat Saban in back to back years (with a different QB each time)and knows offense. Would it be a long time hire? No. The absolute longest I could see him staying would be three seasons and that may be a stretch. But, the offensive foundation he could build in that time period would be noticeable. Muschamp was only here one season and left a foundation that Kevin Steele built on without whole sale changes. I'm all for Freeze as OC. 

Just try something, anything, everything, whatever. I think the offensive woes fall on Gus. If they don’t, then him not firing CL or Grimes mid season is equally bad.

This OL is utter trash and a big part of our problems. An average SEC OL makes this team undefeated.

Seriously guys, who cares. At least Freeze would bring talent for the next HC to work with. 

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol WOW come onnnnnnnnnnnnn coach. To say Stidham has not regressed is just foolish. That is some major sunshine pumping. Cam was here one year how would he regress? 

His regressions have a lot to do with him as well. I don’t think he took his offseason as serious as he could have. IMO Some of the mistakes he has made have been all on him. The careless fumbles, the INTS in the LSU game, some of the missed passes. If you gonna say he regressed then who gets credit for his performance last season. Regardless the offense has struggled mostly because of an inexperienced raw, unathletic oline and the lack of a running game, which has made it difficult to set up the play action game. The screen game is suffering as well because safeties are crowding up to wipe out the run. It seems likes everything bad is one persons fault and anything Auburn has done well is the result of a magical force or luck.

20 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

There is "size' but can you honestly look at this group and tell me that there is better than Div II talent on that OLine?  I can not. 

I think there is promise for Tega and Troxell to continue to improve. But we gotta find a RT, and an athletic guard or two. It’s what we got unless we gonna find 5 jucos or some elite freshman.

Could we keep Freeze for more than one season?  If he came in the offense balls out with wins over our Rivals someone will hire him for HC.  It might be one of the Mississippi schools if things don’t get better over there.

27 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Could we keep Freeze for more than one season?  If he came in the offense balls out with wins over our Rivals someone will hire him for HC.  It might be one of the Mississippi schools if things don’t get better over there.

I think you could rule out the top 2 Mississippi schools. Doesn't leave much in the Delta. 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I think you could rule out the top 2 Mississippi schools. Doesn't leave much in the Delta. 

Yup, he'll go the route of Les Miles (looks like he is heading to Kansas) or Bobby Petrino to Louisville. Don't see him staying in the SEC like Muschamp.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup, he'll go the route of Les Miles (looks like he is heading to Kansas) or Bobby Petrino to Louisville. Don't see him staying in the SEC like Muschamp.

It would be so Auburn for us to have the better Head Coach of the 2 be our OC and then he goes somewhere else! haha.

44 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

May have a shot at Mississippi Southern. I think he is an Alum. But seriously. I doubt that he would make that big a difference. He is still going to be stuck with Malzhan's playbook and the atrocious OL that we have now and with what is coming back next season in regards to the OL. Folks, there is just not an SEC caliber line on the Plains as of right now, and I don't think it's going to improve without some drastic help in the near future(coaching wise and recruiting).

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

And Nick was the only one who had the benefit of returning basically the same offense and upgrading his WRs. 

You'd think that Stidham would've enjoyed the same benefit, but, well, our problems are well documented. 

3 minutes ago, cctiger said:

May have a shot at Mississippi Southern. I think he is an Alum. But seriously. I doubt that he would make that big a difference. He is still going to be stuck with Malzhan's playbook and the atrocious OL that we have now and with what is coming back next season in regards to the OL. Folks, there is just not an SEC caliber line on the Plains as of right now, and I don't think it's going to improve without some drastic help in the near future(coaching wise and recruiting).

yup. this right here. You can make the greatest play calls in the world. Does not matter a lick if you cannot block your man in front of you.

Archived