2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

bcga.gif

Will Muschamp is doing a lousy job of putting out that Clemson fire. tREC won’t do it either for obvious reasons. Guess we are just gonna have to let them scoop all our 3’s too. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Will Muschamp is doing a lousy job of putting out that Clemson fire. tREC won’t do it either for obvious reasons. Guess we are just gonna have to let them scoop all our 3’s too. 

We have won a few battles with them as well.  Most recently was Matthew Hill and Colby Wooden.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We have won a few battles with them as well.  Most recently was Matthew Hill and Colby Wooden.

The list of battles that we have lost to them since 2013 is growing by the day. I forgot about Matthew Hill. I’m glad he’s still on the team. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The list of battles that we have lost to them since 2013 is growing by the day. I forgot about Matthew Hill. I’m glad he’s still on the team. 

True but we also had a some other wins in the past 2 years in Bo Nix (Yes we had a major advantage but Clemson did finish #2.), Smoke Monday where we pulled a rabbit out of the hat to land him, Luke Deal although I don't know he was a take for Clemson, & Asa who we just blundered.

16 minutes ago, Apextiger said:

I would think Drinkwitz will be making a push to keep him.

Doesn’t matter. There is little chance he’s not picking Auburn, Clemson, or Georgia over App State. 

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

We just need to convince him that AU needs a running back really badly and UGA already has plenty. Williams is the one I want the most. 

Don't sleep on Bama if they don't land Trey Sanders. They could move on DJ quickly.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't sleep on Bama if they don't land Trey Sanders. They could move on DJ quickly.

Well hopefully he will just sign in with Auburn so it won’t matter.

• Like 2

DJ got a 302 spot bump by 247 yesterday. He is now a 4* by them & ESPN & inches away from being a composite 4*. At this point I would be surprised if DJ is not a composite 4* by the end of the cycle.

Also FWIW the staff compares him to Cam Akers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Signing next week? Looking like Auburn wil hold the others off and get his signature?

1. Yes 2.  Depends on if the loser of the Trey Sanders sweepstakes makes a hard push for D.J..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. Yes 2.  Depends on if the loser of the Trey Sanders sweepstakes makes a hard push for D.J..

Does this mean that he would rather go someplace else but we are his best current offer? Please remind of the dates of early signing period.  You are always kind in answering my questions.  A couple more: you expect Gus to go after another graduate transfer quarterback? Expect Horton and Grimes to be here next season? Yes/no answers perfect. 

1 hour ago, aubie17 said:

Does this mean that he would rather go someplace else but we are his best current offer?

Won't know that answer til things play out Wednesday.

Please remind of the dates of early signing period. 

December 19-21

A couple more: you expect Gus to go after another graduate transfer quarterback?

Depends on who becomes available.

Expect Horton and Grimes to be here next season?

Don't know.

Yes/no answers perfect.

Sorry. Don't have yes/no answers to those questions. Plus I'm not a Sith so I don't deal in such absolutes.

• Haha 1

Well with 2 days to go it looks pretty good for Williams considering that he just left uga and did not commit. Obviously there are other mitigating actors that may help swing this kid to our direction (and it involves other recruits) but who cares. We need him badly. 

29 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well with 2 days to go it looks pretty good for Williams considering that he just left uga and did not commit.

Wasn't ever going to commit last weekend. They may be considering taking him now anyway even if they get Trey Sanders which could leave Kenny McIntosh out for them.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* RB DJ Williams

DJ has finally decommitted from App State. It's down to AU, UGA, & Bama & at least 1 of the other schools likes AU's chances right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonDraper said:

Will be interesting to see what happens if sanders picks Bama. Still think we land DJ but may pick Georgia if they miss on sanders. Ready for Wednesday! 

The Sanders loser, either UGA or Bama, could make a push for DJ. Still like AU's chances as of now though.

They just said in the radio that DJ has moved his commitment from 11 to 2 pm Wednesday so he can see what sanders is going to do. Sanders is committing at 11. If that is true then that is another bad sign for AU. Goodness knows I am tired of the bad news. 

I have not seen this anywhere so this bammer homer radio station maybe wrong. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

They just said in the radio that DJ has moved his commitment from 11 to 2 pm Wednesday so he can see what sanders is going to do. Sanders is committing at 11. If that is true then that is another bad sign for AU. Goodness knows I am tired of the bad news. 

I have not seen this anywhere so this bammer homer radio station maybe wrong. 

What station? & his commitment is 1:30 our time, not 2.